Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    @OP

- Stop letting people get to you. Just gear up the way you want and ignore/report them if they harass you for being undergeared in a bg. You can contribute to a bg more as a smart undergeared player than a mindless geared out one.

- Current systems are fine for gearing. They're not ideal, but hopefully we will see improvements in that area with our feedback. I too enjoy pvp and hate quests, so I just pvp.

- Don't get pissed at the posters in the forum. Some might be genuine asshats, while some are just trying to help. Don't come off looking like a jerk, I know you just want to vent, so I'm saying I feel your pain.

- Most of my RL friends don't play anymore and honestly the best thing advice I can give you is what I did. I posted on the official forums looking for like minded people to add on battletag, just for randoms, gearing, krasarang rare farming (when it was a thing) and best decision i made. I got a bunch of new friends, some that just like to goof off in randoms, some that just want to gear, some that even want to run serious 3's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I think it is you who have the problem with reading - I read the whole post in full and understand it all.

I never said you were forced into anything - gear up the way you enjoy the most is what i said. I gave a constructive post on the options your have.
    If you don't like any of the options well to be honest that's your problem not mine.
    If you don't like how they have the insentives setup, instead of crying here and being all " UMADBRO" to everyone in here trying to help you and others. You can go on the Official forum and give blizzard your own idea of how to fix it. Otherwise you will just have to suck it up i guess ( since you don't want to listen )
    I'm not crying or "bitching" about the option of getting pvp gear through pve ruins pvp. The problem I have is that these PVE incentives has fostered the community into this idea that you should be forced to do them before you do any form of pvp or else you're a "selfish scrub" for not feeling sorry for the geared serious players doing their random battlegrounds. You see this exact mentality from some of the posters in this thread.

READ THAT YOU FUCKING IDIOT. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE OPTIONS, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE PERCEPTION THAT IF YOU'RE A FRESH 90 NOT DOING THE PVE INCENTIVES, YOU'RE BEING ATTACKED BY THE COMMUNITY FOR NOT DOING SO!!!!
    I never said you were forced into anything - gear up the way you enjoy the most is what i said. I gave a constructive post on the options your have.
    I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT OPTIONS, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE THE OPTION TO GEAR A FRESH 90 BY BATTLEGROUNDS ARE BEING LABELED BY THE COMMUNITY AS A SELFISH SCRUB.

SERIOUSLY YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING ON WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY. YOU'RE POSTS AREN'T CONSTRUCTIVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. YOU LITERALLY BELIEVE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, TRY AND SNUB ME AS THE ONE WHO ISN'T READING YOUR SHITTY POST WHEN ORIGINALLY YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT THE MESSAGE OF THE OP IS.

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL.

[infracted]

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please get this back on topic and stop with the bickering about who can and can't read? Thanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It is what it is. Unsub if you aren't enjoying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I'm not crying or "bitching" about the option of getting pvp gear through pve ruins pvp. The problem I have is that these PVE incentives has fostered the community into this idea that you should be forced to do them before you do any form of pvp or else you're a "selfish scrub" for not feeling sorry for the geared serious players doing their random battlegrounds. You see this exact mentality from some of the posters in this thread.

READ THAT YOU FUCKING IDIOT. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE OPTIONS, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE PERCEPTION THAT IF YOU'RE A FRESH 90 NOT DOING THE PVE INCENTIVES, YOU'RE BEING ATTACKED BY THE COMMUNITY FOR NOT DOING SO!!!!

I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT OPTIONS, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE THE OPTION TO GEAR A FRESH 90 BY BATTLEGROUNDS ARE BEING LABELED BY THE COMMUNITY AS A SELFISH SCRUB.

SERIOUSLY YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING ON WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY. YOU'RE POSTS AREN'T CONSTRUCTIVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. YOU LITERALLY BELIEVE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, TRY AND SNUB ME AS THE ONE WHO ISN'T READING YOUR SHITTY POST WHEN ORIGINALLY YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT THE MESSAGE OF THE OP IS.

[infracted]
    dude just move on and don't let people pm'ing you in a bg get to you. You're not a scrub for wanting to gear up through pvp.
    But i can also see why people get mad at others not using all the options open to them for gear up quickly ( but people should just let you play the way you want to play )

Keep thinking i have no clue. Just shows your ignorance.
    My posts have everything to do with what you're talking about, you're just to mad to see it.

OP I hope you get geared quickly and start enjoying your BG experience - All that hate will age ya
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-06-12 at 03:59 PM.

dude just move on and don't let people pm'ing you in a bg get to you. You're not a scrub for wanting to gear up through pvp.
    But i can also see why people get mad at others not using all the options open to them for gear up quickly ( but people should just let you play the way you want to play )

Keep thinking i have no clue. Just shows your ignorance.
    My posts have everything to do with what you're talking about, you're just to mad to see it.

OP I hope you get geared quickly and start enjoying your BG experience - All that hate will age ya
    I just hope he takes a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

[infracted]
    that has ALWAYS been the case since crafted pvp gear was in the game, this isn't a new occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    I just hope he takes a nap.
    Nothing like an angry nap.

There is more to instanced pvp then just killing blows - If you are undergeared and cant kill anything, then CC things into oblivion or peel for your healers. It's not all about you being able to burst someone if you have no gear. Do other useful things for the team. Also there are these things called objectives
    Great, I'm sure a retri pala or a warrior or a DK or a WW monk or w/e in fresh level 90 gear is gonna do a whole lot of CC.
    and trust me when i say that even when we have 0% base resil it was worse then it is now. Back then we also got our resil from our gear ( so it's not like resil didn't exist )
    I don't trust you because I played since vanilla and I know how WoW was before resilience even existed. And let me tell you, it was better than the crap I saw when I came back to the game at the end of season 13 (I took a break in season 11), when I couldn't kill anyone because my gear was crap and everyone had 72% basic resi.

I leveled my current main (paladin) to max level in season 10, made full craftable pvp set (which was considered crappy), and started grinding honor. I got destroyed by geared players, but I could at least do stuff and make a difference in the BG because I could kill other undergeared players.

This base resi crap in MoP is nothing but a world pvp bonus to PvE-ers. Nothing more nothing less.

As far as I'm concerned blizzard has the tech to make this a non issue. they could use ilvl matchmaking to put only people in the same ilvl range in the same battlegrounds

Another idea I have is to have different brackets for levelcap normal battlegrounds. let's say level 90 random battle there is 4 different versions for ilvl ranged 483-510 511-522, etc. this would be my solution. put all noobs in the same battleground and put all prideless farmers in the same battleground

you would be unable to queue the lesser ilvl bgs if you are over that ilvl, and unable to queue the higher if you are under, sort've like raid finder ilvl requirement

the sad truth is that the 550+ people don't want to fight teams consisting of people in the same ilvl gear, if they did they would be doing rated bgs

this also won't happen because of queue time increases but it would really show how many people are just going into battlegrounds to steamroll lesser geared players
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

Wow. I do feel for the OP and the misunderstanding of his post. OP if you look at it from the people complaining at you in the BG's point of view can you not empathize?

I don't see how you can go into a bg with 430 ilvl and expect to carry your weight. So while you are not directly asking for a carry that is pretty much what you are getting.

Many people have pointed out why people have gotten you should PvE to PvP mentality by pointing out why people do it. Personally I would rather do something I dont enjoy for 25% of the time and then spend the other 75% of that time fully enjoying things. But I understand there are players like you who choose to do the grind the long way. I am not one to bitch at players for low ilvl gear in BG's although low ilvl healers do piss me off something fierce because of how match making works .

In terms for them changing this prior to WoD what would you suggest? Personally I was pissed off when they broke rare spawn farming. I could get full honor gear in 4 hours with it (and did on 5 toons) but they removed this with the latest patch. Funny enough now that this is gone I see more people complaining about the boosted toons in bg's.

I am happy for the changes they will make in WoD in regards to low level gear scaling up. I also understand that I will have to wait tell WoD for it. I also feel that as soon as this happens some players will complain about other players saying they are doing something wrong. After that someone will come to the forums and make a big post about it.

In the end ignore the people bitching at you and play the game. I mean you are the one paying for your account not them
    Last edited by Reveries1; 2014-06-12 at 09:31 PM.

The biggest problem with PvP gearing is that we can't craft good BoE pvp starter gear + weapons.

These craftable pvp blues should be like 10 ilvls worse than the honor gear, have no sockets, and be cheap enough to make so they don't command huge prices on the AH. They should also have special set bonuses that basically provide the starting player with craptons of added stamina and resilience. With the full set and set bonuses, a fresh alt would have as much hp/resi as if he was wearing full honor gear.

This way, a new lvl 90 char could gear up by browsing AH for 3 minutes by spending like 2k gold (or less if they got other chars who can make the gear themselves). Their dmg would be worse than full honor gear, and obviously they'd miss out on class-specific set bonuses and meta gems and the like, but survival-wise they'd be just as tough as someone in full honor gear.

At the same time, people who don't want to spend gold could just go straight for the honor gear via pve/bg grinding. Problem solved.
    As far as I'm concerned blizzard has the tech to make this a non issue. they could use ilvl matchmaking to put only people in the same ilvl range in the same battlegrounds
    No thanks. 45+ minute queues are a big no-no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, here's how I see it. You can either wait 10 minutes in queue for random BG to be in a battleground game for another 10 minutes to 15 minutes without certainty you will win…

OR

You can tank/heal que for dungeons, spam dungeon justice point farm, and convert to honor.

It sucks that the game is designed like this right now but it's the truth. You can do a heroic dungeon in 10 minutes or less (especially if there's a carry dps in the group), collect 400-500 jp, convert to 250 honor and re-que again for instant tank/heal queue.

Past the first BG win, it's more efficient to queue for dungeons and convert even with the recent nerfs to the conversion rate of justice points to honor.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Great, I'm sure a retri pala or a warrior or a DK or a WW monk or w/e in fresh level 90 gear is gonna do a whole lot of CC.

I don't trust you because I played since vanilla and I know how WoW was before resilience even existed. And let me tell you, it was better than the crap I saw when I came back to the game at the end of season 13 (I took a break in season 11), when I couldn't kill anyone because my gear was crap and everyone had 72% basic resi.

I leveled my current main (paladin) to max level in season 10, made full craftable pvp set (which was considered crappy), and started grinding honor. I got destroyed by geared players, but I could at least do stuff and make a difference in the BG because I could kill other undergeared players.

This base resi crap in MoP is nothing but a world pvp bonus to PvE-ers. Nothing more nothing less.
    you're seriously telling me those class's have no CC? cause none of those class's have a stun,grip,charge? please tell me more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Wow. I do feel for the OP and the misunderstanding of his post. OP if you look at it from the people complaining at you in the BG's point of view can you not empathize?

I don't see how you can go into a bg with 430 ilvl and expect to carry your weight. So while you are not directly asking for a carry that is pretty much what you are getting.

Many people have pointed out why people have gotten you should PvE to PvP mentality by pointing out why people do it. Personally I would rather do something I dont enjoy for 25% of the time and then spend the other 75% of that time fully enjoying things. But I understand there are players like you who choose to do the grind the long way. I am not one to bitch at players for low ilvl gear in BG's although low ilvl healers do piss me off something fierce because of how match making works .

In terms for them changing this prior to WoD what would you suggest? Personally I was pissed off when they broke rare spawn farming. I could get full honor gear in 4 hours with it (and did on 5 toons) but they removed this with the latest patch. Funny enough now that this is gone I see more people complaining about the boosted toons in bg's.

I am happy for the changes they will make in WoD in regards to low level gear scaling up. I also understand that I will have to wait tell WoD for it. I also feel that as soon as this happens some players will complain about other players saying they are doing something wrong. After that someone will come to the forums and make a big post about it.

In the end ignore the people bitching at you and play the game. I mean you are the one paying for your account not them
    Thank you for this post. At least you get it ....

people who complain about low geared players in RANDOM battlegrounds are stupid, when you SOLO queue for a RANDOM battleground you sign yourself up for a gamble, its not organized which is why its called a RANDOM battleground, if you SOLO queue up and expect a team of full prideful players youre going to get a headache

RANDOM battlegrounds are casual, where you can just -do you- if i want to queue up and go fight terry the tauren in the lumberyard above the horde graveyard of wsg the whole time well fuck me its going to happen and theres not a damn thing any one on my team can do about it, they can report me away all they want but if im actively in combat its not going to happen

there is absolutely zero reason to rage at someone for queuing into a random battleground unless they are literally wearing nothing to troll, its where people gear, learn, and have fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomshinex View Post
    people who complain about low geared players in RANDOM battlegrounds are stupid, when you SOLO queue for a RANDOM battleground you sign yourself up for a gamble, its not organized which is why its called a RANDOM battleground, if you SOLO queue up and expect a team of full prideful players youre going to get a headache
    When I queue as ally and what I get is 10 prideful horde VS 9 green geared ally, you cant expect me to be happy.

They should make lvl90's BG's like lower level ones.
    Scale the hp to ~522iLvl pvp gear ( the current one that you can buy with honor), and give some base Pvp power, like ~30ish%.

Because the 300k hp, wont do a shit in BG, so essentialy by giving him some Pvp power and HP he can actually do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    They should make lvl90's BG's like lower level ones.
    Scale the hp to ~522iLvl pvp gear ( the current one that you can buy with honor), and give some base Pvp power, like ~30ish%.

Because the 300k hp, wont do a shit in BG, so essentialy by giving him some Pvp power and HP he can actually do something.
    This isn't an awful idea. I kinda like it

In warlords everyone will have welfare minimum level.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

you're seriously telling me those class's have no CC? cause none of those class's have a stun,grip,charge? please tell me more
    Please, do explain how a retri paladin with 350k hp in a BG is going to make a difference with one stun on a 30 sec cd. Or a 320k hp monk with his one 4 sec stun and one aoe stun that requires the targets to all be nicely clumped up.

I'm all ears.