Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for one do not like this implication, seems too easy to suffer from wrong form when another is desired. In a slightly related off topic way though I want to see this done in comic form. New changes to druid forms announced lets see them in action. Insert druid untransformed, next panel is poof of smoke, third panel is some chimera looking mixture of every form that druids have flopping about. Announcer screams, GM's show up stating they are still working the bugs out and this interview is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already do this with macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming] Aquatic Form
    /cast [flyable,nocombat]Swift Flight Form; [combat]Travel Form
    /cast [noflyable][mod:shift] Flametalon of Alysrazor
    /dismount
    /cancelform
    /script VehicleExit()
    /cancelaura herbouflage
    /cancelaura Treant Form

Deleted

Video of how it works, similar to how the macro works but you don't need to reclick it, it simply detects which it needs to shift as does it, without a GCD it seems. I spent like 15 minutes trying to activate flight form, but it just will not work. Likely a bug.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, form gets canceled before the spell starts.
    So? You still start the process while in form, You're trying to argue something literally for the sake of it, You can start the cast in form, You're in form, you click the spell, you do nothing else and the spell gets cast, we are talking about having to unshift yourself, then cast, which is not the case, you can, and do hit the spell while you're in form, the game doesn't magicly cancel your form before you click the button, we all know that you hit the spell, your form is cancelled, and then the cast starts, all in a split second, that's not what is being argued here, merely the process of manually having to cancel your form, which you don't have to do.

Except that wasn't what was being argued at all. It was about some people thinking that the behaviour had changed in some way, which it hasn't.

Also, you can turn that mechanic off, in which case you just get an error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Video of how it works, similar to how the macro works but you don't need to reclick it, it simply detects which it needs to shift as does it, without a GCD it seems. I spent like 15 minutes trying to activate flight form, but it just will not work. Likely a bug.
    Haven't had time to hop onto alpha and test it yet, but it appears that the change is more of a convenience when it comes to our former Travel Form and Aquatic form when switching between two terrains. Getting Flight Form to work properly may be a bit tricky, I'd rather them leave it separate and combine Travel/Aquatic. We'll likely still need a powershifting macro since I doubt it breaks snares switching between terrains.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    So can someone translate the "no moonkin form" crap? Will it be any different than live? I will nerdrage if they made it so I can't shift into travel from moonkin (or if they require I /cancelform before doing it)
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    So can someone translate the "no moonkin form" crap? Will it be any different than live? I will nerdrage if they made it so I can't shift into travel from moonkin (or if they require I /cancelform before doing it)
    At the moment, I can't shapeshift into cat form from travel form, BUT this was also a problem on the PTR but didn't make it to live in 5.4, so it'll likely change.

I will wait with my judgement for when its "done".
    So far i have no stronK feelings one way or another.
    Yesh i feel they are kinda overboard with ability cleaning but on the other hand this specific functionality my brother (i dont play a druid) have had it macro'ed sience '07 or '08 (when he started playing) so... yeah.

so i guess this means no more slow fall while falling in travel form and activating feral charge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipies View Post
    so i guess this means no more slow fall while falling in travel form and activating feral charge
    Why? If you're in a flyable area, it should turn you into flight form and you don't need this trick. If it's a no-fly area, it should turn you into travel form and you can feral charge like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Why? If you're in a flyable area, it should turn you into flight form and you don't need this trick. If it's a no-fly area, it should turn you into travel form and you can feral charge like normal.
    And if I , for instance, attack an enemy faction player while mid air, and activate the ability, will i get travel form in combat and still be able to do it?, or will the ability be faded out?

Now how do I take people on hyperspeed journeys around the world with Falling Flame + Goblin Glider in stag form?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipies View Post
    And if I , for instance, attack an enemy faction player while mid air, and activate the ability, will i get travel form in combat and still be able to do it?, or will the ability be faded out?
    Why would it be any different than activating stag while on the ground in combat while in a flyable zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Dude we just been through this for 1.5 pages. That line is always there but not shown in game. It's the same for example Revive http://www.wowdb.com/spells/50769 . Says cannot be cast in Moonkin form but it's not like you are locked out from it. It just means the form will be automatically cancelled before the spell is cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post

Yeah, too bad you didn't get to see the flight form. I guess it is something like when you are in travel form on the ground and you try to jump in the area that is flyable, you should activate flight form. Which is still really stupid imo. I don't understand why they felt the need to take a choice away from us (maybe I'd like to swim in cheetah form for a short distance or to freely jump in stag form). To make more precious space on my actionbars? Wow, thanks a lot, it helps me so much, now I can play my druid like a demon : o

Deleted
    It's cool that there's no GCD on travel/aquatic form.

I don't see the problem here. Most people I imagine macro this change already. And if you want them seperate... Make macros for them. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Yendig View Post
    I don't see the problem here. Most people I imagine macro this change already. And if you want them seperate... Make macros for them. What's the problem?
    You can't. We won't have separate abilities for that macro to call on.

I like having the choice of what form I'm changing into. If they made this a spell IN ADDITION to the current forms, I wouldn't have a problem. But I guess that would go against their whole "gutting all the classes" strategy