Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Your Guilty Pleasure hero?

Mabye guilty is a bit much, but im wondering who you guys enjoy, even though it seems under played by pros and pubs alike. its not that the hero is awful, its just that you are willing to pass up a better hero for that one particular hero you like.

Mines always been Vengeful Spirit, for a while she was popular with the pros, now the only way i see her ingame/twitch is when i am picking her. I just love the kit, i love the early game power, i love the support that can still right click like a boss. I love quick roshan. Always great fun to team up with a tusk, im guessing Tusk is another of these guilty pleasure heroes many people have too lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lion! Specifically Ags, Dagon build. Total nuke yo' face. I enjoy it very much.

Deleted
    Mainly WR or Mira. At times I feel like going SS, pudge, ES or NA as well.

Spectre, if I lose a game on her its because everyone else is feeding.

Definitely Tusk, grabbing your team in a snowball to unleash Hell is never to be underestimated, and Walrus Punch is so fun.
    I don't ever remember having a dull game as Tusk, even if I lose, it was still fun.

pudge or mirana.

but well the bad thing with pudge is, even if I own mid and my carry aren't good we end up getting raped (90% of my games this happen) the other 10% we win before 25 mins
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would guess my favourite underrated hero is Silencer. I don't really mind which position I play him in although I prefer him as a support.
    I really wished he was played more in the pro scene. This kinda why I love watching Empire play as they're the only team I see as of late that seem to consider drafting him.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'better hero', implying heroes like Venge are weaker than some other heroes?

Personally when I feel like taking a free win I'd play mid Necro, Batrider or offlane Phoenix. Although using the extremely reliable and stable proscene metric Batrider would be far from being underrated, I liked that hero long before he got his turn rate buffs and became a top pick.

Deleted
    Jungle AFK Furion Midas, Brown Boots, Dagon 5, Blink Dagger, Ethereal Blade. Everyone hates me when I do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I would guess my favourite underrated hero is Silencer. I don't really mind which position I play him in although I prefer him as a support.
    I really wished he was played more in the pro scene. This kinda why I love watching Empire play as they're the only team I see as of late that seem to consider drafting him.

I just saw Alliance vs Eg game. they picked silence, as carry Aghs refresh. so op.

I had a friend back in dota 1, he loved to play silencer, mid. usually in pubs he would build. Midas, meka, travel, sheep. and win the game by himself. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Jungle AFK Furion Midas, Brown Boots, Dagon 5, Blink Dagger, Ethereal Blade. Everyone hates me when I do that.
    I usually do the this, but dagon 1st item. then midas, then boots. not blink nor eb tho.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

When I first saw guilty pleasure, I was thinking "heroes I play that I want an automatic win with", which would be furion, mirana, silencer, or timbersaw. If we are talking heroes that are underplayed, but I will still play them because I like the way they work, I'd say my guilty pleasure hero would be Nightstlaker. He's got so much more versatility than most people imagine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    I just saw Alliance vs Eg game. they picked silence, as carry Aghs refresh. so op.

I had a friend back in dota 1, he loved to play silencer, mid. usually in pubs he would build. Midas, meka, travel, sheep. and win the game by himself. lol
    I'll have to give that a look at that then when the VOD goes up. I can't say I've tried out that combo on him.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    When I first saw guilty pleasure, I was thinking "heroes I play that I want an automatic win with", which would be furion, mirana, silencer, or timbersaw. If we are talking heroes that are underplayed, but I will still play them because I like the way they work, I'd say my guilty pleasure hero would be Nightstlaker. He's got so much more versatility than most people imagine
    people don't play batman this days? wtf he can be supercarry.

Deleted
    Hmm.

Naga carry, no one in the game will have fun except for me

Deleted
    Axe, his one liners crack me up.

Deleted
    Pudge, pretty shit hero all in all but I love that fat man.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Pudge, pretty shit hero all in all but I love that fat man.
    Pudge is #1 popularity in pub picks, not that anyone's surprised at that probably lol.
    Hook so stronk. If I was good at hooking I'd pick him more, but I find Pudge more fun to watch than to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel dirty when i play Dazzle. I still meet players who underestimate negative armour. Especially supports
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I feel dirty when i play Dazzle. I still meet players who underestimate negative armour. Especially supports
    I think its because players that arent that familiar might think that since they are support and have low armor, it wont do much against them, they dont know that negative armor is worse than low armor lol.