Thread: Thok 10n

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thok 10n

So, me and my irl buddies just started with raiding again, in 1 night we progressed to Thok and it feels like we hit a wall. Most of us are 548 geared. Do we need more gear before we can take him down? Or change our comp around? In p1 we transition at around 20ish stacks using all raid cooldowns, in p2 we open the cage at 10 stacks. We get to the phase with fire with Thok being at around 20% and he just kills us there

Tanks: Warrior(561), Dk(544)
    Heals: Disc(550), Rdruid(550)
    DPS: Rogue(550), Destro lock(548), Fdk(565), Boomkin(546), Shadowpriest(550), Elemental Shaman(550)

How does he kill you? Fire?

Healers out of mana?

Bad transitions?
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Healers are doing good on mana, might be bad transition. Our best try were 10%. I just want to know if we need another reset of gear before actually killing Thok and tryinh 4th wing. Sadly, i cant provide any logs since we are playing on russian servers. We have done 4 hours of trys this night, and no success :/ What i noticed however, is that we have people die to poison(the kiters) and the healers being not in range to dispel it in time.
    Last edited by mmocc0a63d4037; 2014-06-14 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Healers are doing good on mana, might be bad transition. Our best try were 10%. I just want to know if we need another reset of gear before actually killing Thok and tryinh 4th wing. Sadly, i cant provide any logs since we are playing on russian servers. We have done 4 hours of trys this night, and no success :/
    Force another transition and kill him while he walks around. Don't try healing through fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Force another transition and kill him while he walks around. Don't try healing through fire.
    How much time we got to kill him doing this? Will we need to save BL untill that transiotion?

How long are you keeping him in the other phases? What order are you doing the doors in (Poison, Ice, Fire)?

If you can hold him until 20 stacks in P1, you should be able to repeat that in P3 (the Ice phase), since your CDs will be back up.

My raid single-tanks him, which might be a possibility if one of your tanks has a DPS offspec.

Deleted
    We go Poison>Ice>Fire. We try and transition him as fast as possible during poison, and during ice we transition at 10ish stacks. Will do more trys tomorrow, thanks for all the input guys. And yeah our warrior has dps offspec, but the dk gets blown up if hes solo tanking (Small question for locks: is it better for me to go affli this fight? Since i dont find my 140k dps in destro any good)

Our Warlock went Affliction for our work on heroic Thok 10m, and I trust his decisions. He sacrificed some burst, but overall, his damage over the course of the fight was better than when he was running Destro.

In Normal, as long as you can keep up with dispels, try to hold him in the Poison phase a little longer if you can. Mass Dispel from your priest will remove the Poisons on the raid stack if he can spare the mana and get the cast off.

Some tips

You have a Shadowpriest in your raid, have him use Mass Dispel on CD for the poison phase when your stacked and you can last in that phase as long as you want. Mass Dispel will remove every poison effect on your entire raid because it's a magic debuff (he has to start casting it right after an AoE otherwise he will get interrupted). He should have enough mana to constantly use it on CD. He should also be using Divine Star to heal the raid as it's incredibly overpowered for SP healing atm

You can transition out of fire phase for another kiting phase however eventually you won't be able to kite him anymore and he will start reaching people. Just ignore the jailer and everyone dps him.

We used Hero on the pull when we killed it on normal. Everyone has their CD's, is alive, their trinkets are procing, and he aren't being interrupted as much, also no fires to constantly get out of it. Some use hero on the fire phase because of the damage buff, up to you guys which you think is better. Don't use hero on the last kiting phase, it's better to use hero whenever your raid can do the most damage with it.

Gear does help a ton on this fight cause it increases your max hp so it takes more damage to drop below 50% health. Another wave of gear isn't bad, but it's doable for your ilvl.
    Last edited by Raone; 2014-06-14 at 10:37 PM.

First you only really need 1 tank have one of the tanks go dps

Second your gear is fine

Third is just practice

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    First you only really need 1 tank have one of the tanks go dps
    most of stupid wipes on thok flex/normal which i have seen was cause idiots were forcing tanks to solo tank it on undergeared chars and once tank got gibbed its usually over - there is no reason whatsoever to solo tank it on normal especially that going with two tanks can ensure u keep him in p1 much longer (our normal mode alt run got to 94 stacks in p1 thx to tanks swaping this week and their gear is semi-decent at best) especially if u dont have enough dmg reduction cds for tank.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-06-15 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    most of stupid wipes on thok flex/normal which i have seen was cause idiots were forcing tanks to solo tank it on undergeared chars and once tank got gibbed its usually over - there is no reason whatsoever to solo tank it on normal especially that going with two tanks can ensure u keep him in p1 much longer (our normal mode alt run got to 94 stacks in p1 thx to tanks swaping this week and their gear is semi-decent at best) especially if u dont have enough dmg reduction cds for tank.

IF the tanks were undergeared. Which based on their ilvl his aren't. Added to which it's a warrior and a DK, two tank classes with powerful defensives on fairly short cds.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I'd personally go 3 healers and push more stacks. Theres no 30 stack limit in N so 3 healers will allow you to push many more than 20 stacks in p1.

I just want to know if we need another reset of gear before actually killing Thok and tryinh 4th wing.
    Garrosh seems to be tuned for an expectation of ~545 average ilevel and can be killed well under that if you have very good mechanical execution. Thok is most definitely manageable at your item levels with the right strategy and proper execution. Plenty of good advice here (and in the many other Thok threads in this forum) so I will refrain from adding more. The difficulty of SoO begins to ramp up at Malkorok for most groups and gets steeper at Thok (excepting Paragons 10 which is pretty much a freebie if you can remember the important mechanics of the first four bosses).

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    IF the tanks were undergeared. Which based on their ilvl his aren't. Added to which it's a warrior and a DK, two tank classes with powerful defensives on fairly short cds.
    They have a resto druid and a disc priest. They should be able to stay in phase 1 indefinetly and kill the boss if you want to tell them how to do it easy mode. There is 0 reason for them to transition the boss at all, and 1 tanking it while doing this at their gear level would be suicide. 1 tanking it on War or DK at normal mode ilvl is going to be about as hard as doing it on heroic progression with 575+ ilvl. It's doable, but not going to be easy. Now if they had a paladin or monk tank who can just cheese the hell out of the fight with healing at the high vengeance levels it would be much easier.

Not 100% on this if it's on normal too, might be heroic only, and in that case ignore this, but every time Thok eats something, including the NPCs, he heals up a bit. So it might be a bit tricky, but possibly your rogue could smack the healing reduction on Thok before he chomps them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not 100% on this if it's on normal too, might be heroic only, and in that case ignore this, but every time Thok eats something, including the NPCs, he heals up a bit. So it might be a bit tricky, but possibly your rogue could smack the healing reduction on Thok before he chomps them?
    Only Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Only Heroic.
    Alright, it's been a while since I've done any boss except Siegecrafter and Klaxxi :x

My group went Ice>Poison>Fire personally. Not sure if it would change much. Also like said, just try holding out other phases a bit longer, Fire phase is the worst, so you should keep them in Poison a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They have a resto druid and a disc priest. They should be able to stay in phase 1 indefinetly and kill the boss if you want to tell them how to do it easy mode. There is 0 reason for them to transition the boss at all, and 1 tanking it while doing this at their gear level would be suicide. 1 tanking it on War or DK at normal mode ilvl is going to be about as hard as doing it on heroic progression with 575+ ilvl. It's doable, but not going to be easy. Now if they had a paladin or monk tank who can just cheese the hell out of the fight with healing at the high vengeance levels it would be much easier.
    Id like to see you pull infinite stacks with 2x550 healers. Oh right, you couldn't. Don't even pretend otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Healers are doing good on mana, might be bad transition. Our best try were 10%. I just want to know if we need another reset of gear before actually killing Thok and tryinh 4th wing. Sadly, i cant provide any logs since we are playing on russian servers. We have done 4 hours of trys this night, and no success :/ What i noticed however, is that we have people die to poison(the kiters) and the healers being not in range to dispel it in time.
    warcraftlogs.com. Download the live client and it will upload them automatically.

We go ice, poison, fire. This delays having to dispel until the second door. Lust at the start for sure regardless of your order because everyone will be alive and trinkets will proc. You should aim for 60-70% for the first transition. If you can make get him past 70% you are on par for a kill.

We used to go 15, 7, 15 on our first kills. Coordinate your raid cooldowns on the pull so you can use them again for the 2nd jailer. We never go over 10 if possible on the kiting phase.