Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    If you actually pay attention to the original post you might notice that it is mentioned that Prison Rape statistics have never been included in those reports. Because they were never even counted before.
    It still won't be more, even with that included. Also, sexual assault doesn't always equal to rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    It still won't be more, even with that included. Also, sexual assault doesn't always equal to rape.
    From The Guardian

According to Rainn, there are 213,000 victims of sexual assault in the US every year. More than 9/10ths of those victims are women and girls. The numbers Rainn uses come from the DOJ National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS). The NCVS, though, is clear that its methodology for gathering sexual assault stats is pretty limited, and probably doesn't present a 100% accurate picture of what victims experience. The NCVS also doesn't seem to include prisoners (at least as far as I can tell), but would include people who were sexually assaulted in prison within the past year, but were out of prison at the time the NCVS was taken. So there's likely some overlap, although very small, between the two surveys.
    The DoJ estimates an additional 216000 cases in the Prison system. Considering that give or take 2%, 95% of the Prison population is male... add to that the severe under reporting, the institutional attitudes of "suck it up", or actively encouraging rape against male prisoners and the utter lack of any type of disciplinary actions or measures to protect victims...the number could possibly be ever higher then the DoJ's very conservative estimates.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-06-15 at 05:40 AM.

Deleted
    From The Guardian

The DoJ estimates an additional 216000 cases in the Prison system. Considering that give or take 2%, 95% of the Prison population is male...
    Sexual assault is not always rape.

Sexual assault is not always rape.
    WOW! Congratulations. I don't even know what to say now. So you are a rape apologist now, as long as the victims are male?

I'm dumbstruck. You are fucking amazing. And not in a good way. I don't even have words for you.

Or you haven't really read the articles? The DoJ uses a different category system for prison rape, and they explain pretty well what and why they consider rape.

I'd be curious how long it would be fun if we had prison/jail systems without gender separation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I'd be curious how long it would be fun if we had prison/jail systems without gender separation.
    The women would be violently raped by the male inmates with a shred of power, in prison you get by via strength and dominance; Some short-timers keep to themselves and serve said sentences (Generally less than 3 years) but anything longer, or in a more severe holding facility and you'll be required to join a gang to survive.

Deleted
    WOW! Congratulations. I don't even know what to say now. So you are a rape apologist now, as long as the victims are male?
    No, right should be right. Sexual assault includes unwanted touching, among other things.

Deleted
    From The Guardian

The DoJ estimates an additional 216000 cases in the Prison system. Considering that give or take 2%, 95% of the Prison population is male... add to that the severe under reporting, the institutional attitudes of "suck it up", or actively encouraging rape against male prisoners and the utter lack of any type of disciplinary actions or measures to protect victims...the number could possibly be ever higher then the DoJ's very conservative estimates.
    The department divides sexual abuse in detention into four categories. Most straightforward, and most common, is rape by force or the threat of force. An estimated 69,800 inmates suffered this in 2008. The second category, "nonconsensual sexual acts involving pressure", includes 36,100 inmates coerced by such means as blackmail, offers of protection and demanded payment of a jailhouse "debt". This is still rape by any reasonable standard.

An estimated 65,700 inmates, including 6,800 juveniles, had sex with staff "willingly". But it is illegal in all 50 states for corrections staff to have any sexual contact with inmates. Since staff can inflict punishments including behavioural reports that may extend the time people serve, solitary confinement, loss of even the most basic privileges such as showering and (legally or not) violence, it is often impossible for inmates to say no. Finally, the department estimates that there were 45,000 victims of "abusive sexual contacts" in 2008: unwanted touching by another inmate "of the inmate's buttocks, thigh, penis, breasts, or vagina in a sexual way". Overall, most victims were abused not by other inmates but, like Jan, by corrections staff: agents of our government, paid with our taxes, whose job it is to keep inmates safe.
    So it seems rape, forcible violent rape, is by far the biggest contributor of these findings; And is closely followed by coerced sex, ergo, rape.

I mean, it seems such a catch-up to get choked over the figures when it's a huge amount regardless; True, it's an oversight to claim the figure is all rapes, but eh.

It might be a huge amount but it's a dishonest thread title because it doesn't get anywhere close.
    Indeed it is, i don't debate nor discredit that.
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-06-15 at 05:51 AM.

Deleted
    It might be a huge amount but it's a dishonest thread title because it doesn't get anywhere close.

That is what YOU SAY. Would you back it up with something beyond your personal opinion please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave696 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    There's no such thing as bigotry when it comes to gays. Homophobia doesn't exist. It's just an excuse made up by the gays and their supporters in an attempt to make the rest of us feel guilty for not supporting them. It's a psychological trick. Homosexuality is heterophobia. Otherwise they wouldn't be trying to turn children gay at a young age.
    FYI Humans are the only organisms who kill and hate each other for no logical reason. Homosexuality exists in different species. Chaos and disorders are part of nature.

If it's not homophobia then it certainly is xenophobia and repulsiveness against homosexuals. Have fun. Caveman.

Last edited by Polybius; 2014-06-15 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't it be more? It's a place where you are surrounded by criminals. I'd expect a place that is filled with violent criminals, some of whom have nothing to lose, would have more rape than the normal every day life. What I find surprising, is that women who do not live in tiny cells with criminals, get raped nearly as much as men who do. I'd expect it to be far worse... We house one quarter of all prisoners in the world...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    That is what YOU SAY. Would you back it up with something beyond your personal opinion please?
    I did. The study I linked estimates 876,064 rapes against women, in 1995. For men the number was 111,298. So, yeah, even if you include prison rapes there it won't get anywhere close.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    That's the kind of retarded thinking that places value on women over men. Reproductive capability hasn't been a relevant factor in a fucking long time.
    I would like you to take a moment and think about this. The human race has been able to accomplish everything that is has so far because of reproduction. The more of us that there are, the higher chances that another Einstein or any other smart scientist will be born. Even one person not reproducing could lead to a scientific discovery taking many more years. For all we know, gays might be the key to the next straight step in evolution genetically speaking (smarter humans) . Reproducing, however, also means that there are chances that a new Hitler will appear.

There's a difference between thinking gays aren't normal and thinking they're scum worthy of execution. Also, reinforcing your specific idea of what is normal or saying that what is average is normal is oppressive, not just to gays but to anybody who dares to think or be anything but the average or the expected.
    So you are saying that gays aren't normal? I don't get it. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. It is the media and society who are forcing this point of view, just as society and the media eventually forced white people to put up with black people. I'm not saying that either is right or wrong. I am just saying that if as an individual, if a person doesn't agree with the rest of the society and the "new" rules of acceptance, then they are the ones that have to deal with the consequences. For example, 30 years ago, gays weren't as publicly open about their choices. If a person was to bring up the topic in a conversation, the majority of people would agree or at least find it difficult to understand. Nowadays, if the same is discussed, whether you don't agree or even don't understand what's going on with gays, if you don't "accept" them, then the sheep are going to shun you. Even if some of the flock agree with that person. They just want to fit in so they don't speak up against gays as openly as they would have been able to 30 years ago.

Actually, you see straight people doing that shit all the fucking time. How many times do you hear people talking about how sexy some guy/girl is or bragging about some romantic conquest? 'cause I hear it a fucking lot and I live in a rather sexually-repressed state. It's also not unexpected for people who have been socially oppressed and downtrodden to be happy in just declaring what they are. Little kids get excited when they found out it's not the end of the world for somebody else to know who the have a crush on.
    It is done because it has been seen as normal since men and women could express themselves and appreciate the better qualities of the opposite sex. Nature has provided us and animals with a male and female in order to reproduce and survive as individual races. As a race, in terms of survival, in the animal kingdom, gay behavior has little to zero benefit for the race. Of course, in the case of humans, regardless of sexual preference, a person might be able to come up with the most intelligent thought since the beginning of time. But if society was to teach children from a very early stage that homosexuality was okay (for the survival of the race) then we would go extinct in a matter of millennia. Without having a constant "supply" of babies, societies would die in less than 4 generations.

Actually, no, society isn't forcing anybody to 'embrace the whole gay culture and live with it as if nothing', society is saying "stop oppressing this significant part of your population". Being able to oppress others isn't a right nor is stopping that oppression a form of oppression.

I do believe that it is being forced. Not accepting gays is now seen as abnormal, or at the very least, as a not being a very accepting individual. You are immediately singled out from the flock and label a bigot, gay hater, and so on. In order to maintain a place in society, a person must pretend to enjoy or accept gays around him/her. Gays have won, they are socially accepted even if individually they are secretly loathed.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-06-15 at 06:04 AM.

Deleted
    I did. The study I linked estimates 876,064 rapes against women, in 1995. For men the number was 111,298. So, yeah.
    The article specifically mentions the year 08 though, where 105,900 inmates met the legal qualification of rape (That number is both male and female inmates) the rest were victims of assault (Of a sexual nature).

In comparison, the amount of women in the U.S raped in 08 was 88,500 (Rounding up), these are all reported cases though both for the inmates and the women.

It doesn't take into account under-reporting or the like, on both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to live with other races or creeds or sexual orientation... I'm told Mars is nice this time of year and just about the only place you can go to achieve your wish...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I did. The study I linked estimates 876,064 rapes against women, in 1995. For men the number was 111,298. So, yeah, even if you include prison rapes there it won't get anywhere close.
    Erm... couple of paragraphs into the article you linked.

Rape is a significant social and health
    problem in the United States. Results
    from the National Violence Against Women
    Survey (NVAWS) revealed that 17.7 million
    women and 2.8 million men in the United
    States were forcibly raped at some time in
    their lives, with 302,091 women and
    92,748 men forcibly raped in the year pre*
    ceding the survey.

Deleted
    Erm... couple of paragraphs into the article you linked.
    Yeah, and right below that is the estimates.

Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-06-15 at 06:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I think it seems to imply that when prison rapes are added to the national total, male rapes outnumber female rapes in general. So, while misleading it wouldn't be technically incorrect to say that more men are raped and omitting the prison part.
    From what I have heard, male prison rapes outnumber all female rapes by themselves.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and right below that is the estimates.
    Consider the fact that US prisons contain a quarter of all prisoners in the world. It shouldn't be hard to believe the numbers on that alone... I'm sure every other country in the world is different, simply because they don't have the volume we do.