Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I simply cannot, WILL not, settle for the lowest tier content. I play a game to experience it, and that means experiencing as much of it as possible. The feeling of watching a group work together and overcome a heroic boss more than makes up for all the wipes. I don't raid for gear, gear is a tool that is replaced anyway eventually. I raid for the social experience, to see the content at its highest level and to get LASTING rewards like titles and mounts. It feels very rewarding to raid normal and then Heroic, I've been hooked to it since I started.

I don't settle for the easiest way IRL either. If I can be accomplished at something, I will try to be my best since it feels rewarding in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are all your opinions, NOT facts. I as a heroic raider speak against your claims 100%.
    This isnt opinion it is general fact. I remeber back in tbc when i inspected some hardcore raider i told me self ,,i want be that guys one day,,. Now with 80% people what finished end game boss at any difficulty. What dont give fuck about your mounts, titles or progress value of this reward drops to 0. Sense of accomplishment comes from exclusive content which doesnt exist in wow anymore. Ye from your personal wiew you can have your pink glasses of satifaction with yourself. But in general nobady **** about your progress, mounts or titles. So whats the point? Back in Vannila and TBC i accept hardcore raiders as icons or idols what earned to see end game content.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2014-06-15 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    This isnt opinion it is general fact. I remeber back in tbc when i inspected some hardcore raider i told me self ,,i want be that guys one day,,. Now with 80% people what finished end game boss at any difficulty. What dont give fuck about your mounts, titles or progress value of this reward drops to 0. Sense of accomplishment comes from exclusive content which doesnt exist in wow anymore. Ye from your personal wiew you can have your pink glasses of satifaction with yourself. But in general nobady **** about your progress, mounts or titles. So whats the point? Back in Vannila and TBC i accept hardcore raiders as icons or idols what earned to see end game content.
    I completely agree with you, but it's still your opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I completely agree with you, but it's still your opinion.
    Nope it is fact this is how there days mindset of 2014 players are set and it isnt just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    So i basiclly like sleep at the keyboard.. barely focusing just pressing my buttons making sure i don't stand in sheet,
    you shouldn't be wiping if its that easy for you. just saying. so either you're not focusing and your the cause of the wipes or the content is just too hard for your group. if you complaining that its too hard that just means you don't like a challenge. after wiping on a boss for 4 hours you get a big sense of accomplishment when you finally kill him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    you shouldn't be wiping if its that easy for you. just saying. so either you're not focusing and your the cause of the wipes or the content is just too hard for your group. if you complaining that its too hard that just means you don't like a challenge. after wiping on a boss for 4 hours you get a big sense of accomplishment when you finally kill him.
    Guild finally got heroic shamans down after two days of progressing on them, still felt amazing when it was down!

I can only imagine the feeling of downing something like heroic siegecrafter after 200+ attempts.

I don't raid to show off. That's what seems to be your problem here. It's not general fact, it's OPINION no matter how much you think that you're important enough to decide over what others feel and care about.

I raid for my own sake and to experience the content, which means it has tons of value and a sense of accomplishment to me. It's no "pink glasses", it's simply a matter of different OPINIONS. What do I care if someone else cares or doesn't care about my mounts or titles? Not at all. I have never been one to admire other players either, I wanted to raid for my OWN sake.

People claiming that raiding today has less value than in earlier expansions are confusing their own opinions and feelings for facts that apply to everyone else. Simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope it is fact this is how there days mindset of 2014 players are set and it isnt just wow.
    It's opinion no matter how much you try to say that it isn't. Subjectivity, read up on it. You saying that there's no value to raiding today, doesn't change THE FACT that tons of people DO get a sense of value out of it. It has no value to you? Fine, doesn't mean it holds no value period.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-06-15 at 02:10 PM.

to be honest I agree... I used to love pushing the content and but after several life changes... normal is more than enough, LFR would be if it dropped tier and got the mount for clearing SoO. I just dont have the time I used to for it, nor the work schedule, and i'm not sure if that all changed back if I would seek out a mythic guild or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really because the people who have downed heroic garrosh is still pretty damn low.... So I don't quite see where you are getting with that

So you hate LFR because it is too easy, you hate heroic because it is too hard. Why not just do normal and stop complaining. Let others do what they want to do.

The only people who've ever given any sort of a crap about raiders are other raiders, which hasn't ever been much of the population. You're assuming that people cared about them and looked up to them, but really most people couldn't have cared less. If you're doing something just to impress or lord yourself over other people, you're doing it for the wrong reason. You might as well focus on what's important to you, cause it's not important to anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Your problem is that you accept that you have a limit. In order to get better you have to push yourself. I'm sure you're someone who settles for minimum wage job because anything else would be too hard for you as well.
    Yep, because there's totally a direct correlation between high-earners & mmo gamers who spend countless hours per week grinding hard end-game content... Absolutely

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Yep, because there's totally a direct correlation between high-earners & mmo gamers who spend countless hours per week grinding hard end-game content... Absolutely
    Actually there is, effort is effort and generally someone who puts their full effort into most things will succeed. Not saying those who don't in wow won't but its generally a character trait that extends to other aspects of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Who says i will ever stop playing wow?
    You not enjoying something with your equally belligerent and dissatisfied guild doesn't mean other people don't. If you've gotten to a point where one of the center gameplay mechanics bores you, you're just tired of this game in general and are misdirecting that at raiding heroics. Maybe go play something else for a couple days and you'll feel reinvigorated.

So to get there you had to do normal modes and you're going to tell me you didn't wipe?

"I dont wanna try but i want more loot" havent Heard that one Before...

A lot of people hated LFR and just did it for the gear. Because even if LFR was horrible, having some way to progress your character was fun. I honestly think if there was an enjoyable alternative to LFR that let you make similar progress in a similar amount of time, a lot of people would stop doing LFR and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So to get there you had to do normal modes and you're going to tell me you didn't wipe?
    No.. who wipes on normals? a few wipes on thok and garrosh otherwise nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SatoriUK View Post
    You will.

/10char
    i have not nor will i ever unsub from wow..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post

"I dont wanna try but i want more loot" havent Heard that one Before...
    i diden't try in normals.. and i got all lootz,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojonez View Post
    So you hate LFR because it is too easy, you hate heroic because it is too hard. Why not just do normal and stop complaining. Let others do what they want to do.
    i never said i hated LFR,
    I wanna keep doing normals but the grp went onwards too heroics Gotta stick with them mate, Because finding decent PuGs or a new guild is too much hazzle xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    but when you do get the kill, it's just that much better.
    well we do pretty much one shot Immersius, protectors and norushen,
    And killing a boss is "oh he died and diden't drop any loot for me.. oke NEXT" there is no enyoyment in killing a boss just on harder, you want the gear xD nothing else matters

Would you please stop with those retarded looking smileys?
    They give me cancer.

Also, how do people still wipe for hours on end to heroic bosses?
    From what I'm getting here you're raiding 25M. The item upgrades alone should make sure that bosses roll over without any hassle.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2014-06-15 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    Some people like their games to be challenging. Shocking right?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Would you please stop with those retarded looking smileys?
    They give me cancer.

Also, how do people still wipe for hours on end to heroic bosses?
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) But they love you! <3

∧__∧
                 ( ͡ಠ_ಠ )
                ⊂  つ
                 (つ ノ
                  (ノ
         \      ☆
                 |     ☆
              (⌒ ⌒ヽ   /
        \  (´⌒  ⌒  ⌒ヾ   /
          (’⌒ ; ⌒   ::⌒  )
         (´     )     ::: ) /