The future of weapon Imbues.

I don't see why Enhancement needs to keep Flametongue. Windfury could be made as the thematic passive for Enhancement plus Unleash Wind.

Windfury passive
    Your melee attacks have a 20% to trigger two additional attacks with both weapons.

Even fewer sources of damage which is what the devs wanted. Obviously, Enhancement's damage has to go up a little to compensate for the loss of Flametongue. Unleashed Fury would then neatly buff each Unleash spell individually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    I don't see why Enhancement needs to keep Flametongue. Windfury could be made as the thematic passive for Enhancement plus Unleash Wind.

Windfury passive
    Your melee attacks have a 20% to trigger two additional attacks with both weapons.

Even fewer sources of damage which is what the devs wanted. Obviously, Enhancement's damage has to go up a little to compensate for the loss of Flametongue. Unleashed Fury would then neatly buff each Unleash spell individually.
    Since all of the imbues have either been removed, baked in or are now a passive, Flametongue is only keeping its spot for Enhancement because of Lava Lash and its "Fire" thematic's. I think Flametongue is fine.

I just wish when we were going into MoP they made all imbues useful for all specs. Like Frostbrand and Rockbiter allowed to be imbued on a shield. Honestly they've could've had offensive(WF,FT) and utility imbues(EL,RB,FB) WF and FT would have been the go-to damage imbues whilst EL,RB,FB could've been used for a healing boost, defensive boost, or extra CCing ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Op makes a good point about revising imbues witho the changes blizz is planning. However instead of making it WF/WF, I'd hope for WF/FB. Why? Multiple reasons.

Reasons for dropping FT as oh imbue:
    1) The magical damage of the imbue is rolled into elementals' spells and could be just like that rolled into enhance's.

2) The extra damage oto LL is already planned to roll into the ability itself, according to the latest blues.

3) There's already alot of fire damage sources around, both for ele and enh. Frost on the other hand is quite rare. With Frost Shock planned to replace Earth Shock for enhance come WoD, giving FB as offhand imbue would increase it to two frost sources, and possibly encourage blizz in the future to expand on that.

4) Unleash Fire feels incredibly sub par for enhancement, looking at how we have only Elemental Blast (not often used in pve) and Flame Shock (long duration) to benefit it from (aside from FN in aoe situations). They would have to include LL to make it not feel wasted how it had been up till now. If we (re)introduced FB, we could change the chance to proc to a guaranteed proc chance of frost damage

5) We would have the UF:FB unleash sprint in addition to the general sprint from UE, adding it up to 80%(!) movement speed for 4 seconds every 15 seconds. If we added a snare remove to it upon use, I think it might be enough to fix enhance mobility/uptime issues.

6) UF:FB could be altered from a snare to a Froststorm damage modifier (working like UE:FT did, but other damage type). It would affect EB (like UE:FT did), LB (more often used than FS), and CL (aoe affecting replacement of enhanced FN). Also additinal incentive to add another frost spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

FT baseline and FB given to Enh and Ele as a frost damage source(or just fuse FT andFB) would be nice and then RB a defensive utility would be awesome!
    They just need to change it so that Rockbiter no longer gens threat.

Frostfire Weapon: Enhance your weapon with frostfire._______(idk)
    Rockbiter Weapon: Enhance your weapon with rock. Damage taken is reduced by 10%. Upon unleashing this imbue, all healing taken is increased by 20% for 8 secs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

If it was wf/wf it would make it more likely that 2h enh could come back, which would be nice, but I doubt it.