Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wish WoW had the same skill system like Diablo 3. Just 6 slots with a primary and secondary attack, some utility/offensive CDs and a few passive ability slots. Why? Because I find myself staring at my action bars 90% of the time I'm in a raid encounter, timing endless rotation patterns. Why is this considered to be fun at all? "Hey look, the boss throws 6 different attacks at you while you press 1121131121134441112314 and move out of the fire... great. :-/

I rather have a minimalistic set of skills and more fun with what is actually going on in a fight.
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

PvP is and never will be balanced and for the most part is just downright unfair sometimes. WoW expansions are long and with many people creating and leveling multiple characters its a pain in the ass to do even casual PvP.

The LFR system is completely fine and can only be improved. I really don't think it's that big of a deal that there's an easy, quick, accessible way to view end-game content. If it weren't for the supposed gearing discrepancies between LFR, Heroics, 10 mans, 25 mans etc. etc. nobody would complain about it. It's about the content, not the (digital) material possessions.

WoW doesn't need another class, despite the phenomenal and well thought out ideas fans have put forth. The dynamic of the game (along with the community and mentality of gamers in general) is always changing and Blizzard is hard pressed to keep the current classes balanced and up-to-date.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    raiding is not a right...I have no life out of an Internet game, and probably lack any real friends.
    All the girls/guys probably swoon over your [limp, tiny] e-penis.

Infracted. Don't alter quotes to insult people
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-17 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought of some more.

1.That Garrosh from BC-Cata was a realistic character that very few people gave an honest chance.

2. More people should invest in their characters like Rpers, put the RP back into MmoRPg.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2014-06-16 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

I like Varian, Jaina, Thrall and Anduin. I despise Sylvanas. Come at me internet!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think LFR (and other quick-gearing methods) are good for the game. Significantly good.

WoW is a great game but suffers from the reality that if you want to be a decent raider, you need to invest a fairly significant time commitment. Not just your raiding time, but strategy research, farming for raid supplies, and especially early in a raid tier, doing LFR/dailies to gear as fast as possible. All of that is fine and great when you can commit the time.

I was a serious raider for the last several years, and eventually ran into the reality that it was hurting my family life. I decided to quit the game. Recently my wife has dragged me back in to level another character, and I realize there is plenty of life in the casual game. I can do LFR/other stuff if I happen to be free but without the major time commitment. LFR and similar are actually KEEPING me as a player.

Here's an unpopular opinion: The community has become much too harsh on Blizzard and other players over time. I believe the vast majority of the people at Blizzard LOVE making this game and it's awesome they have the balls to try new things all the time. Sometimes those new things work, and sometimes they fail. I also respect them for having the balls to ADMIT when something is a fail and fixing it. The community doesn't recognize this enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW should not limit the ability of some to appease others, when that ability really comes down to a choice for others, that a few decide they don't like or want others to have like flying, I shouldn't be limited to movement in the game because Blizzard is too lazy to create flying mobs or quest, or a few developers feel butthurt that i don't really care how real they made the trees look in the Forrest or have some fat ass hypocritical panda who wants to teach me life's lessons.

People that troll LFR because of what a few others choose to do, should be banned for life.

I'm completely okay with Censer farming and the cooldown increase is atrocious at best, for PvP servers. You're pandering to people because of a few rotten apples who would just gank people. The 3rd faction idea was really interesting.

People crying about it need to realize you're playing a game about WAR (it's even in the name!) and you will die. You shouldn't be protected because you're gearing a lowbie. I got ganked a lot while levelling with no way of getting revenge and I knew what was signed up for when I joined a PvP server, and so should you.

The only difference between me and someone from the opposite faction is you can cry about me killing you on whispers, and every time someone does it and calls me some of the worst cusswords I've seen in a long time, I believe the only reason people don't do that to the opposite faction is because creating a new lv1 is too much work. This also makes me glad, REALLY glad that cross-faction communication is currently unavailable, and makes me hope every day that it will NEVER become a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classes should have a pvp spec and talents. Devs shouldn't try and balance a pve and pvp simultaneously. Only if it would make their lives easier.

Dailies should be stackable to a point.. After 10 days of no playing and you get an off day where you can just jam you can get 5 days worth of daily quests for instance. Or get the max reward for 5 dungeon runs.

Deleted
    LFR should always be one patch behind the current. I don't get how this opinion is unpopular but it really, really is.

I don't believe that Ghostcrawler was Supreme Dictator of WoW and solely responsible for every single thing that has ever been wrong with the game.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    LFR should always be one patch behind the current. I don't get how this opinion is unpopular but it really, really is.
    Yeah let's shit on the poor LFR crowd even more than we already are.
    Try looking at it from their point of view, then maybe you can see why it is so unpopular.

On LFR:
    It's been announced and advocated as a way for people to see the content they'd otherwise be unable to. I think they did it incredibly wrong by adding tier and trinkets similar to upper difficulties to it, and now people seem to believe it's a way to get gear. I'm glad they're rectifying this mistake in WoD.

Flex should've been in the game instead of LFR back in Dragon Soul. Flex is a much better solution and you don't need to put a whole lot of work at it for gear. But at least people still need to try a little there. LFR has created a culture of entitlement that's the true reason the game is dying little by little.

I also think that Timeless Isle is what LFR should've been since the beginning - easy way to get gear, but you still have to grind it out.

I also realize that this opinion is unpopular because people don't understand how MMOs work - you aren't supposed to get full BiS. Working for your gear IS playing the game.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2014-06-17 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the game hasnt been good in 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Instead of LFR they should have released LFR wings as 5mans so people could see the content while the content could still be meaningful. My number one unpopular opinion (which I think would have made MoP a much better xpac).
    Would've been a great idea as well, although the tuning would've been incredibly difficult on a couple fights (how do you do Spoils on a 5-man?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like pandas.

PVP is just a terrible side game and should never have become as prominent as it is now.

Hunters aren't nearly as overpowered as people think they are.

The game was better before cast on the move mechanics were implemented.

I didn't care for Ghostcrawler.

Dying and wiping makes killing a boss more exciting. I enjoy it from time to time, especially as a healer. Makes people more aware of mechanics. That's what made 40 man feel more like a battlezone to me. You went in with 39 other people and you knew about half the raid would get murdered but you fought hard to be the last man standing to perform that execute on the big badass boss. Maybe LFR should be just as hard as NORMAL mode but with less gold penalty for death and perhaps tips after you die explaining why you died. A place of learning. Like a bootcamp.

I think being a better player is about boosting others, having an overall strategy that works, being a leader in your own role and not necessarily being that one guy who is perfect at their rotation and bitches at people who don't. We give those people too much credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like WoW and think Blizzard has been doing a fine job for many years.

By saying this, I'll probably rustle some jimmies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every opinion I have on WoW is the unpopular one, but here's a goodie...

Because the Horde is generally regarded to be better at PvP, Alliance PvPers are the worst kind of players imaginable. Sore losers, sore winners. Everyone argues that the demographics for each faction are roughly similar, but I think there's a psychological element, that the Horde is more widely regarded as producing better PvPers, that makes it more likely that Alliance PvPers have a chip on their shoulder.

I mean, personally I play both factions in PvE and PvP, but my main faction is Horde. I accept that it's perhaps a stupid idiosyncracy of mine that, even in a virtual world, I tend to eschew fighting dirty or cheap tactics even if it means I die, or my team loses. I don't want to win the wrong way. I don't like zerging, or unfair encounters, and I've occasionally got a thrill out of being faced with unfair odds (ie. 2v1 in a BG) and overcoming them.

Anyway, I'd posit that the Horde loses far more BGs than the Alliance wins, if you follow my meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    the game hasnt been good in 5 years
    Off of WoW forums, this is the time most people give. In mid Wrath when Blizz used the argent tourney to see if dailies and an arena raid could replace world creation tons of players felt the game had changed fundamentally; many stuck around to kill Arthas, some didn't.

Obviously it's an unpopular opinion here, but pretty common anywhere else.