Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    You are not immersed with anything on a flight taxi. I will use flight taxi to travel since personal flying mounts are being withheld from WoD.

Sadly I can't interact with the world when stuck on a flight taxi. If I had been on my personal flying mount I can swoop down and interact with the world.

Do you get it now?
    You keep bringing up taxi flights. They only exist to allow you to cover large distances and are under control of the game makers.

You can still interact with the world, you 'll just have to interact with it for longer.

You are making valid points, I understand what you are saying, but the problem with flying is it removes too much content. Its not good to have the world being interacted with purely on the players terms dropping in and out of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

When in the air on a flight taxi, yes you are effectively a not active player. On a flying mount you can be an active player anytime you want.

How do you not understand this?
    Yes and limiting the player to controlled flight paths limits the time and areas a player can be inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    You would be happier in a single player game. You want the world to revolve around you.
    If your feelings against flight were so strong, what kept you engaged in WoW for the duration of it's life?

Also, I kinda think you have the mindset that an MMO is an ant colony, with all the workers doing one thing to progress the colony, and all should be content with the status quo.

When really an MMO is like a children's playground, with some kids preferring the swings, some on the monkey bars, some in the sand pit, and some kids doing everything.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

You keep bringing up taxi flights. They only exist to allow you to cover large distances and are under control of the game makers.

You can still interact with the world, you 'll just have to interact with it for longer.
    Really? How on a flight taxi I can interact with the world better than flying myself somewhere that leave me in control?

You are making valid points, I understand what you are saying, but the problem with flying is it removes too much content. Its not good to have the world being interacted with purely on the players terms dropping in and out of the game.
    If that were true, TBC and WoTLK would have posted different sub numbers and never reached 12 + million active gamers. So, your idea doesn't really hold water.

IT wasn't until the quality story, content and general lack of content did subs fall. Cataclysm and MoP had problems but flying wasn't one of them.

Deleted
    When in the air on a flight taxi, yes you are effectively a not active player. On a flying mount you can be an active player anytime you want.

How do you not understand this?
    Yes and limiting a player to controlled flight paths limits the time and areas in which a player is inactive.

Flight paths - Flying to areas under the control of the game makers. This leaves huge areas limmersive engaging and dangerous.
    Personal mount - You said it - engaged when you choose to be usually avoiding engagement imersion and danger as much as possible.

As they said, they want to make the world more engaging immersive and dangerous.
    What does actively choosing to avoid dangers have to do with breaking immersion? Nothing. It not logically inconsistent. It fits. You just don't like it =P
    Does everything in the game need to be dangerous? No. That is silly.
    Could flying be more dangerous? Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Ok fair enough. You think that's engaging game play. I don't think many people will agree with you but hey enjoy yourself floating in mid air waiting for someone to " flip you off".

Unless ofcourse you do other things as well? you do don't you??!?
    I use my flying mount to get me to:

- Pet Battles
    - Farming Ore
    - Farming Herbs
    - Dailies
    - Cooking at Halfhill
    - farming at Halfhill
    - getting to old raids
    - getting to old dungeons
    - tracking rare pets
    - finding rare battle pets
    - going to specific fishing spots
    - giving friends a lift over the wall in Pandaria
    - carrying noobs out to DeadMines
    - chasing down flagged Alliance for PvP
    - getting across the zone with a quickness to help a lowbie
    - flying guildmates to a dungeon to run them through
    - meeting guildmates at the raid entrances
    - flying out to the PvP vendor on the wall for new gear
    - getting from A to B at 310% instead of 100% to get it DONE
    - going back for Loremaster achievement quests
    - showing off new flying mounts from old content
    - showing off new flying mounts from new content
    - Role Playing my Orc Warrior on my Iron Skyreaver

etc, etc, etc...

Like I said, I have an entirely different way of flying than the "afk, out of the world" bullshit that most of you anti-fliers keep spewing.

Again you have selective reading. Many parts of the game are for solo activity, pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies. fishing and so on. Blizzard created these single player aspects of the game, should we delete these too?
    I think he is just choosing not to acknowledge you because it hurts his case.

Yes and limiting a player to controlled flight paths limits the time and areas in which a player is inactive.
    Player controlled flight at max level keeps players more active than flight paths could ever hope to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by tawoko View Post
    But if they never allow flying in Draenor, I wouldn't mind.
    And I would. And that is where we will have to agree to disagree. Not flying til level cap. That's expected. Never flying at all? Not acceptable in my book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Really? How on a flight taxi I can interact with the world better than flying myself somewhere that leave me in control?

If that were true, TBC and WoTLK would have posted different sub numbers and never reached 12 + million active gamers. So, your idea doesn't really hold water.

IT wasn't until the quality story, content and general lack of content did subs fall. Cataclysm and MoP had problems but flying wasn't one of them.
    Flight paths limit the areas and time players are inactive to Blizzards choosing.

The increase of subs at these times is down to many factors. Blizzard have the data so they know whether flying had anything to do with it or not. Given what they are saying lately I consider it unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he is just choosing not to acknowledge you because it hurts his case.

Player controlled flight at max level keeps players more active than flight paths could ever hope to accomplish.
    You are effectively not participating in the game world whilst in flight.

Flight paths force the player to enter areas on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    And I would. And that is where we will have to agree to disagree. Not flying til level cap. That's expected. Never flying at all? Not acceptable in my book.
    Thats me.

I cold have been Ok with the originally announced flight to return with an epic quest in 6.1

I still disliked the hazy, "no one knows when 6.1 will be that but I could have been OK with it.

The possibility of no flying at all in WoD while they still sell flying mounts based on the expansion they are removing flying is. Unacceptable.
    Removing a feature just to they can slow content consumption because they have lost the ability to create content in a timely manner. Unacceptable.

Using flying as an excuse to push TI style content across the entire expansions - unacceptable.

Too many cons and not nearly enough pros for the entire expansion as a whole and they are wanting more for it.

I just can't in good conscious give them any more money or my gaming time.

Deleted
    I use my flying mount to get me to:

- Pet Battles
    - Farming Ore
    - Farming Herbs
    - Dailies
    - Cooking at Halfhill
    - farming at Halfhill
    - getting to old raids
    - getting to old dungeons
    - tracking rare pets
    - finding rare battle pets
    - going to specific fishing spots
    - giving friends a lift over the wall in Pandaria
    - carrying noobs out to DeadMines
    - chasing down flagged Alliance for PvP
    - getting across the zone with a quickness to help a lowbie
    - flying guildmates to a dungeon to run them through
    - meeting guildmates at the raid entrances
    - flying out to the PvP vendor on the wall for new gear
    - getting from A to B at 310% instead of 100% to get it DONE
    - going back for Loremaster achievement quests
    - showing off new flying mounts from old content
    - showing off new flying mounts from new content
    - Role Playing my Orc Warrior on my Iron Skyreaver

etc, etc, etc...

Like I said, I have an entirely different way of flying than the "afk, out of the world" bullshit that most of you anti-fliers keep spewing.
    All activities which require interaction with the world take place on the ground.

What you are arguing for is convenience not game play.

All activities which require interaction with the world take place on the ground.

My GAMEPLAY is affected by my convenience.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/G/gameplay.html

Gameplay is a term most commonly used to used to rate, or score the quality of the experience had by gamer while playing a particular game. The term gameplay is often found in game reviews where a score is given based on player experiences during the interaction with game.

My interaction with the game =/= YOUR interaction with the game. Get it through your head. The way you play WoW, and the way I play WoW... wait for it...

Are two entirely different, personally subjective, ways

go figure.

You are effectively not participating in the game world whilst in flight.

Flight paths force the player to enter areas on the ground.
    Flight paths remove every player that ever touches them from the game.

Gamer controlled flight means they were somewhere out in the world, doing something, if it was used at all. Thats engagement.
    Player controlled flight has a greater change of getting players to go to some random area than any other means of travel including ground mounts.

Your imagined views on what is engagement is not what actual engagement is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    What does actively choosing to avoid dangers have to do with breaking immersion? Nothing. It not logically inconsistent. It fits. You just don't like it =P
    Does everything in the game need to be dangerous? No. That is silly.
    Could flying be more dangerous? Sure.
    What Blizzard is trying to do is increase players interaction with the world. That lends it self to immersion.
    Could flying be more dangerous? That may be a suitable alternative, but its a problem that Blizzard has fundamentally failed to solve.

- - - Updated - - -

Flight paths remove every player that ever touches them from the game.

Gamer controlled flight means they were somewhere out in the world, doing something, if it was used at all. Thats engagement.
    Player controlled flight has a greater change of getting players to go to some random area than any other means of travel including ground mounts.

Your imagined views on what is engagement is not what actual engagement is.
    Exactly, everyone on a flight path is out of the game - the same goes for everyone on a flying mount. Flight paths limits this time.

What Blizzard is trying to do is increase players interaction with the world. That lends it self to immersion.
    Could flying be more dangerous? That may be a suitable alternative, but its a problem that Blizzard has fundamentally failed to solve.
    Or failed to try to solve?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    My GAMEPLAY is affected by my convenience.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/G/gameplay.html

Gameplay is a term most commonly used to used to rate, or score the quality of the experience had by gamer while playing a particular game. The term gameplay is often found in game reviews where a score is given based on player experiences during the interaction with game.

My interaction with the game =/= YOUR interaction with the game. Get it through your head. The way you play WoW, and the way I play WoW... wait for it...

Are two entirely different, personally subjective, ways

go figure.
    The convenience of flight actually allows you to avoid game play. That is the point Blizzard are making.

SNIP...

Exactly, everyone on a flight path is out of the game - the same goes for everyone on a flying mount. Flight paths limits this time.
    and since flgiht paths is the worst of the 2 forms of flying and it was not removed. It's a save bet to see personal flying doesn't really solve blizzard imagined up problems.

And if you want to talk about things that remove gamers from the game, you got a whole lot of things this game needs to have removed.

BTW, there also not removed because they really are not problems. Flying is just being used as a scapegoat but blizzard still wants you to buy them.

Go figure how that works out to solving blizzard lack of creativity and design.

The convenience of flight actually allows you to avoid game play. That is the point Blizzard are making.
    Then you best start arguing for more things in game that allow you to skip game play than just flying to be removed. There is a long list.

But thats right, you seem to think flying at max level is the only culprit. You see the massive flaw in your argument don't you?
    Last edited by quras; 2014-06-18 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are correct sir. No personal flying mounts means I will be on zero interaction flight taxi.

- - - Updated - - -

Gameplay we are not interested in. Not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game.

Ok fair enough. You think that's engaging game play. I don't think many people will agree with you but hey enjoy yourself floating in mid air waiting for someone to " flip you off".

Unless ofcourse you do other things as well? you do don't you??!?
    Had to laugh at that.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you suggesting that game play should be inconvenient?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.