10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Because you (general) are asking for something to not be implemented/removed before you even know the full story. Thats why. All your argueing here is void if you go on about assuming. Thats not a discussion. .
    You ignored my statement and did not reply to what I said.

Care to try again?

The soul purpose for this section of the forum is "Warlords of Draenor - General Discussions". Warlords of Draenor has not been release yet. ALL debate here is about something that has not been released yet. If you don't want to debate aspects of the game that have not come out yet, why are you posting here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    You're right, I should wait until my DirecTv bill reaches $400 before I protest. I should wait for my HOA fees to triple before I protest. I should wait for big oil companies to stop drilling and destroying the environment before I protest. You do KNOW what the word protest means, don't you?

I object to no-flying after 6.1. I disapprove of no-flying after 6.1. I am declaring both my objection and my disapproval of Blizzard's potential decision to leave flying out AFTER 6.1. If I WAIT until 6.1, it may be too late. But, if I object EVERY SINGLE DAY UNTIL 6.1, I stand a much better chance of having my opinion and my objection, heard.
    Your rant is void. You can explain what the word protest means... but until you fully understand what is actually happening, it is stupid.

Let's say that you love pill Y. Pill Y came after pill X. Pill X was something pretty basic. It got the job done but slow. Pill Y does the same trick but faster. It also has a few drawbacks. So the doctors/farm. industry decide to remove pill Y and give pill X again.

Are you with me?

People who are now used to pill Y do not mind the drawbacks at all. They just want it to work fast. And so they rage on whatever forum/complain to the doctors/farm. industry.

Meanwhile they don't know that the doctor/farm. industry has invented a new additional pill called Z. This Z doesn't work unless you also get pill X. It enhances pill X without having the same drawbacks as Y does.

So people who are complaining, do not know the full story. And thus their "protest" is ill informed and ludicrous.

But yeah go ahead and waste your time "protesting". I'll be there when WoD comes along and see that Blizzard did a fine job at making the world such that you won't need flying mounts in WoD. Ya know... because they designed it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    You ignored my statement and did not reply to what I said.

Care to try again?

The soul purpose for this section of the forum is "Warlords of Draenor - General Discussions". Warlords of Draenor has not been release yet. ALL debate here is about something that has not been released yet. If you don't want to debate aspects of the game that have not come out yet, why are you posting here?
    Right lets all be angry and upset about something that has not happened yet. Thats what this thread is. So sorry mate, but my post is totally valid to make.

Tbh, not that I have any proof obviously, but I strongly suspect adding flight to Draenor after Farahlon comes out was their intention the entire time and they didn't say as such as definite because they actually want people to try the content and not boycott it.

It's very tinfoil hat of me I know, but I wouldn't be shocked if that was the idea all along.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    And a reminder for the little child who wants anything on his terms....in a MMO.

Often, basing a game around the wants of a spoilt child is not a good design. It may surprise you to know its not about what you want its about whats good for the game. Your idea of gameplay revolves around avoiding gameplay.
    How does someone being upset about the games main source of transportation being deleted make them a spoiled child?

Removing flying is only good for blizzard. It saves them money and it gates us.

What about the people who do not want flying? They can run on the ground now. Yet they want everyone else stuck with them using slow ineffective outdated travel designed specifically to slow the players consumption of content.

Your rant is void. You can explain what the word protest means... but until you fully understand what is actually happening, it is stupid.

Let's say that you love pill Y. Pill Y came after pill X. Pill X was something pretty basic. It got the job done but slow. Pill Y does the same trick but faster. It also has a few drawbacks. So the doctors/farm. industry decide to remove pill Y and give pill X again.

Are you with me?

People who are now used to pill Y do not mind the drawbacks at all. They just want it to work fast. And so they rage on whatever forum/complain to the doctors/farm. industry.

Meanwhile they don't know that the doctor/farm. industry has invented a new additional pill called Z. This Z doesn't work unless you also get pill X. It enhances pill X without having the same drawbacks as Y does.

So people who are complaining, do not know the full story. And thus their "protest" is ill informed and ludicrous.

But yeah go ahead and waste your time "protesting". I'll be there when WoD comes along and see that Blizzard did a fine job at making the world such that you won't need flying mounts in WoD. Ya know... because they designed it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Right lets all be angry and upset about something that has not happened yet. Thats what this thread is. So sorry mate, but my post is totally valid to make.
    So we are not suppose to discuss and debate upcoming changes proposed by blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    With that logic I hope you dont work in some company that is generation lots o money. Every lost sub is a loss of money, so if they lose even 10% its a loss of money + not to mention how many players would ask for refund considering they cant use their flying mount they purchased from store.
    I also bet that few times less players would quit if they bring back flying in 6.1 then remove it for good
    I am pretty positive some people will lose their jobs over this. I feel bad but it is understandable. They took a complete and total non issue and alienated the majority of the forum community. How many flying posts have their been over the past few months?

I guess there is the financial side of it. They have to be saving millions of dollars knowingly developing sub standard content when compared to what they have done in the past. Look at how few "costly" instances the last two expansions have had.

I do not think blizzard suffers sub losses because the game is old. I think they suffer sub losses because they develop so so little content these days. Shoot, Blizz completely and totally abandoned MOP 50% through the expansion. How long have we been stuck with 5.4 content.

Good thing the free mmorpgs develop tons and tons of constant free content for their completely free game.

In the mean time Blizzard will go 14 months with nothing new except the cool " soon to be super nerfed" new items that can be purchased from their cash store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you have ignore what I've said. You are in the wrong section of this forum if you don't think we should debate aspects of WoD. That is the soul purpose of this section of the MMO forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Tbh, not that I have any proof obviously, but I strongly suspect adding flight to Draenor after Farahlon comes out was their intention the entire time and they didn't say as such as definite because they actually want people to try the content and not boycott it.

It's very tinfoil hat of me I know, but I wouldn't be shocked if that was the idea all along.
    I have my tin foil hat on, so I'm protect from your crazy thoughts.

My crazy thoughts are that there is a high probability that flying is gone for good.

Again you have ignore what I've said. You are in the wrong section of this forum if you don't think we should debate aspects of WoD. That is the soul purpose of this section of the MMO forum.

- - - Updated - - -

I have my tin foil hat on, so I'm protect from your crazy thoughts.

My crazy thoughts are that there is a high probability that flying is gone for good.
    Nah. Not even. They can easily make it so all current content is flying free while it's current, but making sure it never returns? The cat is far too out of the bag for that one. I can't see it not coming back eventually.

Not saying don't speak out obviously if you're unhappy with what they've told you, because obviously their current words mean more than my theories. But I seriously think you'll get what you want when the draenor 90-100 non Farahlon zones are no longer "relevant"

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

your reasons:
    1. actually this reason makes more sense then anything. I think it is kind of a test case. I think they even said so. Why would they otherwise tell you that flying will not be available until ATLEAST 6.1? Around 6.1 they will check on how the game works without flying and how "happy" everyone is without it. So if that turns to shit, my guess is... they will let people fly. Weird isn't it?
    2. so you announce something that is widely perceived as a negative - to make a hype about - so that people will buy/sub to your game? So wait.... you are selling something to your customers who seem to not want a feature disabled in certain parts of your game... and that will lead to a rise in sales? Are you listening to yourself?
    PS: yes I know it is widely a negative. But sometimes people do not know what is good for them. Hence I give kudos for Blizzard for trying this.
    3. Their current team has no clue how to work with a skybox and are buying time for Titan.... Really? Tbh mate I am even considering that I'll likely never see Titan come on the shelfs of stores... in my lifetime. Do you?
    1. Yeah, it is weird. Why even bother testing the process unless you have an agenda, like wanting to remove flight, or exclude it from all future expansions. Playing proverbial "chicken" with people who are PAYING to play your game is not a smart move. They should have just gradually phased in no flying, with 2 or 3 zones in WoD, and then 4 or 5 zones in the next one, and then possibly all zones in the last one. There are smarter ways to go about this and pissing off potentially half of your player base 3 weeks into a new launch is not a wise move. People will start hitting 100 and head for a flight trainer, only to be given a big middle finger.

2. People hype shit up ALL the time to sell tickets to an event. Look at Wrestlemania, UFC, Monster Trucks, etc. Without hype, people have no interest in going. Plus, we are a civilization of Reality junk tv, where the Drama of Desperate Housewives garners more attention than the political war in Egypt. All of this Jerry Springer style fighting is likely staged, and most of us probably don't even realize it.

3. Anything is possible. But, since neither of us work for Blizz, we don't know. If Titan had NO flying mounts, there would be no need to have knowledge about a skybox. Plus, with WoD, the skybox programming is "being limited to flight paths" while they wait and see. Now, do I think they are incapable of figuring it out? No. Do I think they already built the skybox to accomodate for flying when they flip the switch in 6.1 with a quest (or whatever)? Yes. Is anything possible, especially when we are given such limited information and bullshit answers like "wait and see"? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post

I do not think blizzard suffers sub losses because the game is old. I think they suffer sub losses because they develop so so little content these days. Shoot, Blizz completely and totally abandoned MOP 50% through the expansion. How long have we been stuck with 5.4 content.
    If that was the case then why has blizzard only lost 200k total (lost 400, gained 200 one quarter) in their last 9 months of siege? But lost 1.2 mill first quarter of 2013 a mere 5 months into the expansion? Hint: It wasn't the content length, rather than what was presented as content. Gate the fuck out of people, they quit. Especially when you do that to the Chinese community that has to pay PER HOUR and not per month. That's not a good idea.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2014-06-20 at 02:52 PM.

Are you with me?

Call my opinion VOID again, and I will drop your punk ass into ignore and leave it there. I am just as entitled to the bullshit I am saying just as you are to your bullshit.

As for your PILL analogy, when the drug companies remove Pill Y from the market, guess what happens. Drug Dealer Z comes along with an alternative. In this case, it would be a flight hack, or clever use of gliders, or exploit of a glitch... etc. They took away alcohol and speak-easiers were born. They took away opium, and drug dealers were born. They took away assault rifles, and illegal arms were born. You take away voting... and a revolution is born.

So, I will continue to PROTEST this half assed, lamefest, lackluster, clusterfuck of an idea until 6.1. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. My opinion matters and I am NOT gonna back down just because some Paladin says so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    How does someone being upset about the games main source of transportation being deleted make them a spoiled child?

Removing flying is only good for blizzard. It saves them money and it gates us.

What about the people who do not want flying? They can run on the ground now. Yet they want everyone else stuck with them using slow ineffective outdated travel designed specifically to slow the players consumption of content.
    Since they can't deal with the points you are making, they resort to insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    Call my opinion VOID again, and I will drop your punk ass into ignore and leave it there. I am just as entitled to the bullshit I am saying just as you are to your bullshit.

As for your PILL analogy, when the drug companies remove Pill Y from the market, guess what happens. Drug Dealer Z comes along with an alternative. In this case, it would be a flight hack, or clever use of gliders, or exploit of a glitch... etc. They took away alcohol and speak-easiers were born. They took away opium, and drug dealers were born. They took away assault rifles, and illegal arms were born. You take away voting... and a revolution is born.

So, I will continue to PROTEST this half assed, lamefest, lackluster, clusterfuck of an idea until 6.1. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. My opinion matters and I am NOT gonna back down just because some Paladin says so.
    You don't need to back down, but just realize that you're doing it for purely personal reasons without thinking of the game at large.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You don't need to back down, but just realize that you're doing it for purely personal reasons without thinking of the game at large.
    How do you know his personal reasons aren't the same as the majority gamers or game at large?

How do you know his personal reasons aren't the same as the majority gamers or game at large?
    The game world. Not the majority of gamers. And how do i know that? Cuz the developers themselves took away flying. Even if they bring it back, it won't change that they don't like how it fucks with their world.

The game world. Not the majority of gamers. And how do i know that? Cuz the developers themselves took away flying. Even if they bring it back, it won't change that they don't like how it fucks with their world.
    IF that is true then those are some pretty foolish developers.

You would think they would want to reach anywhere near those 12+ million subs they had during TBC and WoTLK and do their best to recreate that max level quest design that get this....that also had flying.

Thinking flying fucks with the world is incorrect. Poorly designed content is and thats all on them, it's not because flying at max level is some detriment to the game. If that were true in anyway, TBC and WoTLk would have turned out differently. It did not.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    IF that is true then those are some pretty foolish developers.

You would think they would want to reach anywhere near those 12+ million subs they had during TBC and WoTLK and do their best to hit that max level quest design that get this....had flying.

Thinking flying fucks with the world is incorrect. Poorly designed content is and thats all on them, it's not because flying at max level is some detriment to the game. If that were true in anyway, TBC and WoTLk would have turned out differently. It did not.
    Or Arthas and Illidan were so gangster, it didn't matter what they did.

Or Arthas and Illidan were so gangster, it didn't matter what they did.
    No doubt story and content were good as well. I've always said it was a formula of good story, content, lasting content and flying at max level that contributed to those subs.

Up until cataclysm and MoP when story and content took a nose dive did subs drop but what we also know is flying didn't really change and didn't make people leave the game. Thats how you know flying is not some detriment to wow.

Poorly designed story and content is but it's not cause gamers can fly at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    No doubt story and content were good as well. I've always said it was a formula of good story, content, lasting content and flying at max level that contributed to those subs.

Up until cataclysm and MoP when story and content took a nose dive did subs drop but what we also know is flying didn't really change and didn't make people leave the game. Thats how you know flying is not some detriment to wow.

Poorly designed story and content is but it's not cause gamers can fly at max level.
    Yeah, but Arthas is no more, and Illidan is no more. People's attention spans are low enough as it is. They need to reengage the world and get into it again, and to do that, flying needs to go imo because otherwise, "ain't no one got time for that" is gonna kick in and we're gonna skip everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but Arthas is no more, and Illidan is no more. People's attention spans are low enough as it is. They need to reengage the world and get into it again, and to do that, flying needs to go imo because otherwise, "ain't no one got time for that" is gonna kick in and we're gonna skip everything.
    People will skip what they find boring whether Blizzard removes flying or not.