Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm assuming that we're disregarding the one boss mini-raids like EoE or Mag for this discussion. Although, I'm not sure I like DS any more than the mini-raids. But my opinion seems to line up with most other people's. Kara, ICC, Ulduar, and Firelands are my favorites, in no particular order. BT, ToT, SoO, and AQ40 are probably my next tier. Which expansion would you guys pick as your favorite, if you're only considering raiding? I think I'd go with Wrath. ICC and Ulduar easily offset the mediocre-ness of TotC, and the half dozen mini-raids made it easy to fill raid time if you finished early. MoP is a close second. I don't think there was a bad raid this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I must be one of the few who feels Dragon Soul was above and beyond this one.
    no. Just no!

SoO falls into a pool of raids I dislike for varying reasons.

TotC sucked because it was a lazy raid with lazy mechanics and design.
    DS sucked because the last bosses lacked any kind of identity, and certainly not one that matched the build up of the expansion.
    ICC sucked because I had to do it for so fucking long.

SoO sucks because I feel like I was shoe-horned into 1.5 expansions of bullshit storyline that made no sense in order to support a raid. Garrosh should never have been made leader, and should never, EVER have got as far as he did, so the entire raid (and in extension, the entire expansion) feels like a contrived plot device to support a bad plot. We, the horde player base, were loudly against Garrosh as our leader from the moment he was announced, with very few exceptions.

Now, he is being shoehorned into yet ANOTHER expansion plot, even if only briefly.

Mechanically, the raid is good. It's no Ulduar, but it's good. Thematically, I'm raiding my own city to dethrone a leader that I never wanted in the first place, along with the vast majority of the horde, but who became leader just 'cause it meant that we could end the expansion by raiding Orgrimmar. Great. Speaking as someone who barely gives a crap about lore and reads almost no quest text, even for me, this story is bullshit.

opinion are opinions each is personal but i personally hate soo - dont understand the hype same as i hate most of ToT which of only lei shen was a boss i liked - same in SoO only boss i liek is sha of pride - i would rather raid DS each week then any of ToT&SoO combined //shrug honestly i had more fun in zandalari dungeon in cata then in last 2 tiers -_-

Yeah....no. There's a lot of way worse ones, especially Dragon Soul.

To me the worst raid is ToT. Everything there seemed misplaced, not fitting in WoW theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    A lot of people on mmo-champ seem to confuse a forum with a blog so you see tons of opening posts like this
    Sadly true..

Completely off topic though: I like your avatar!

Ruby Sanctum says hello. Nothing is going to surpase that crap factory. It is actually so bad most never even ran it so it is forgotten along with many Blizzard blunders over the years.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Am I the only one who feels this way? I absolutely despise this raid. And it's definitely not because of burn out. I jumped into this tier late and only ran it on normal a few times and a few more in LFR/Flex. Meanwhile I've done full ToT at least a hundred times across several difficulties. Currently I've been working on some cloaks for a few alts, and I just do ToT because I like that raid and for-go the extra chances at drops from the first two wings of SoO.
    Sorry man but SoO was actually a good raid...we're just gonna be around for a while is all. Naxx 2.0 was boring (guild cleared it in mostly T6 and it was a T7 raid), DS was lame...especially the last 2 fights...tentacles and blobs much?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think SoO is the worst raid at all. Its hurt by how long it has been and will have gone on by the time WoD goes out, but overall its not bad. Some decent fights, though Garrosh is kind of lackluster. I also think its hard to be objective because we're in the middle of that long running SoO time right now. I thought ICC was great, but by the end of it I was sick and tired of it like most people were, so I think if you'd asked (and there's probably a bunch of threads that could be unearthed from then) what people thought at the time I don't think it would have been as highly ranked with many people as it is now when they look back on it.

I agree with the guy earlier about how the whole Garrosh thing from this expansion leading up until this is a pretty dumb storyline. I'm Alliance and I have no real care for lore beyond what I happen to accidentally learn about, but the whole Garrosh thing felt like a pretty poor idea to run with like they did.

Going into the 9th month of it is not the time to be offering opinions on it.

Quality of raids are not generally measured by length. If people ever measured length, Ulduar would be far further down people's lists as it was real short. And ICC is liked by many even though it was 12 months long.

Ask again in like the 2nd tier of WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    A lot of people on mmo-champ seem to confuse a forum with a blog so you see tons of opening posts like this
    What should've I done differently in the OP? Being serious. I see a lot of love for SoO and I was just putting feelers out of anyone else felt the same as me to start a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefeng View Post
    For the 99% of players that never got to see Naxxramas at level 60 Naxx did not feel like a rehash. It felt new to me even though I knew it was recycled. When was it made into smaller raids? It's always been 5 wings.
    That wasn't necessarily the problem per say with Naxx 2.0. Yes some would've always held that against it regardless, but normal complaints are:

Was far too easy, people cleared it in BC gear. While some of the ease of difficulty was on purpose, some was also due to not updating mechanics, which while difficult in Vanilla, was easy in Wrath.

Also: immortal runs really frustrated people. People still tell horror stories of those.

- - - Updated - - -

What should've I done differently in the OP? Being serious. I see a lot of love for SoO and I was just putting feelers out of anyone else felt the same as me to start a discussion.
    You never said why you disliked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Sorry man but SoO was actually a good raid...we're just gonna be around for a while is all. Naxx 2.0 was boring (guild cleared it in mostly T6 and it was a T7 raid), DS was lame...especially the last 2 fights...tentacles and blobs much?
    But... T6 is lvl 70...

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    But... T6 is lvl 70...
    yeah it was that easy

I don't think SoO is a lot of peoples' favorite, but this has to be the first time I've seen anyone say it's their least.

Yeah I agree with the others saying just the overall plot and being forced into killing your racial leader felt artificial. Like they thought it would be cool but turned out to be a gimmicky attempt at some surprising it twist.

The fact that you drudge through the raid and he still doesn't even die at the end is also disheartening.

Just comparing it to other MoP raids, what I liked about ToT was as you quest and read lore scrolls you get hints of how badass this Thunder King is, and it's not so forced or in your face. You basically quest through the land of pandaria and hear whispers of an ancient badass and that was cool when they finally released the raid itself.

With Garrosh it's like oh here's this bro-orc again...

Not to mention the whole aesthetic of the Isle of Thunder and ToT was dark and mysterious. The mechanics were all very cool as well. I think the only thing I didn't like about ToT was the wind bridges with the trash pulls. Honestly just felt more annoying than anything. Didn't feel like it added anything to the experience.

With SoO, I like the look of the Immersus and Norushen/Sha areas. Creepy and cool Titanesque architecture. But the rest of it just felt like an oversized Ragefire Chasm (which it was). Though I thought it was cool in practice to have this underground lair below our feet; it just felt like too much to buy into it.

Ive only done 2 end game raids. Its hella better than DS thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    I don't think SoO is a lot of peoples' favorite, but this has to be the first time I've seen anyone say it's their least.
    I'm gonna take it back as worst ever. EoE takes the cake on that one.

The only raid that truly sucked IMO was DS. SoO is pretty fun despite its linear pathing.