Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    yes I play it in English.. didnt even know it was available in other languages.
    On EU, you've got English, Portugese, German, French, Spanish, Russian and Other, I believe.
    Needs to be a section for Turks as well, imo.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    My phone, TV and i everything on my PC is in English for two reasons: first, because it's more practical for communicating outside that specific environment (i.e. talking about WoW on this forum would be much more difficult if I used the Italian localization). Second, my Italian is more than fine but I can't say the same about my English

Also the dubbing for trolls in Italian is something abysmal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    I play it in english. Don't take it as an offense OP, but for us portuguese reading and hearing translations to br-pt sounds really awful. There's some things, like names, that should be left untranslated. (Stormwind = Ventobravo.... )

Other than that, if there's a portuguese (from Portugal) translation for anything I use, I'll probably use it, as more often than not, pt-pt translations are really well done and know when to leave the original names intact.

(for the purpose of this argument let's not bring to light movie titles. Portuguese movie titles are downright awful)
    Hear hear, brother. I feel exactly the same regarding translations as you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Even my phone is in English, and my native language is Dutch.
    Same here. Even if they ever made Dutch servers I doubt I'd play on them, the player pool is either going to be far smaller or we'd still be grouped with English players (like portugese players).

I play in, and only speak, English on WoW. While English isn't my native language (I'm Belgian), I find it awkward to speak any other language but English when playing games.. It may sound odd, but I speak English even to people I know are from the same country :P

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    I'm forced to play WoW in Russian. Fuck Blizzard for that.
    I'm Russian, I play on enGB servers. Who's forcing you?

Deleted
    I don't. My native language is German, but I usually play WoW in French.
    Or sometimes in English.

You know, I would play in portugese (from Brazil) if they didn't translate all the cities names and even the characters name, like for example Garrosh Hellscream which was translated to "Garrosh O Grito Infernal" or something like it.
    I don't even know why they did that cuz it's not common to translate proper name or city names.

Reading all the replies from this thread, I noticed that most people say that the translation to their own languase sound dumb or childish, I wounder if for English native speakers there are some names or words that sounds stupid too.

No way I'd ever do that. Doesn't matter whether you count Danish or German as my native language, English versions of games are vastly superior to both. I use English wherever possible(phone, PC software, books)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    My native language is dutch but i always speak english, it also annoys me greatly when i get grouped with players that speak
    a language that i dont know and keep blabbering on and on and you have no idea what they are talking about.Also whenever
    you seem to ask these folks to speak english they are offended and start throwing fbombs and whatnot your way usualy resulting
    in a kick from group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Even my phone is in English, and my native language is Dutch.
    As someone from Belgium I agree, everything I have comes in English. You basically gimp yourself by putting it up in Dutch.

Deleted
    I wouldn't play the game in dutch, even if it was available. I am fond of my language, but I am not fond of translation. So many things get lost in translation, like puns. I love puns!

Nope I do everything in english.

Deleted
    Play it on English (Dutch myself) sometimes put it on German cause i like how the characters talk in German :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    I wouldn't play the game in dutch, even if it was available. I am fond of my language, but I am not fond of translation. So many things get lost in translation, like puns. I love puns!
    What do I you mean, I'd love to spam "donderball" on my shaman. And it always sucks when I get "ketting gevreesd" by a warlock.

I'd love for a dutch version of WoW...I'd give anything for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Telfager View Post
    Play it on English (Dutch myself) sometimes put it on German cause i like how the characters talk in German :P
    Put it on French and cut your ears off after an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    So many things get lost in translation, like puns. I love puns!
    This, but I'd definitely try Finnish WoW for a bit. Translated zone and character names would most definitely be worth discovering.

No, as there are hardly any games translated into silesian which is my native language.

However, I would like to play WoW in polish, but I don't think polish translation will ever happen. Still, I play on mainly polish server so it isn't big deal.

Not available in my native language. Wouldn't use it even if it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What do I you mean, I'd love to spam "donderball" on my shaman. And it always sucks when I get "ketting gevreesd" by a warlock.

I'd love for a dutch version of WoW...I'd give anything for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Put it on French and cut your ears off after an hour.
    Will try this when i get back home. :P

Using English for every device/program/whatever as the default, this is mainly due the English-Hungarian translations are usually really really bad and misleading. When i started playing WoW i was on a mainly Hungarian realm, but even there i was in an English speaking guild.