Deleted
    ^ Wtf guys. Watt is a unit of power, not energy.

On another note, I made the next few days very long for myself. Time to say goodbye to X58 (i7 920) and welcome the Z97 (i5 4690k) within about two weeks.
    Last edited by mmoc04fee285e2; 2014-06-14 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Correct it should be 100000 joules not watts

4k TV anyone?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    And "power is the rate of doing work. It is equivalent to an amount of energy consumed per unit time." (wikipedia)

And the unit used in this case is irrelevant really. We could be talking about potatoes or blocks for all that it matters.

Deleted
    Sure, but getting basic physics wrong makes messages easy to dismiss. Anyway energy which enters PC via plug comes out as heat. If the cooling system is efficient it gets transferred out quickly and as such it "warms up the room" quicker. But you'll notice that with less effective cooling the case itself will eventually heat up more, so larger portion of the heat doesn't escape via airflow from fans.

I can't really see how it became an exchange of walls of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Correct it should be 100000 joules not watts
    Should use BTU

Deleted
    "It is the amount of energy needed to cool or heat one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    wall of incorrect text
    what you seem to be missing is the fact that a rad takes a lot more heat to get heatsoaked, additionally, the extra surface area and more airflow mean it can dissipate more heat, ie watts per hour, (temp is derived from energy over time divided by surface area)

the reason a CPU doesn't normally freeze is because a passive cooling system like a heatsink or waterloop can't go below ambient air temp, or the difference potential shifts and the heatsink will draw in heat, but if you can get a powerful enough cooler and low enough ambient air temp, you can freeze a CPU under full load (look for fun posts from canadians)

again, /facedesk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    ie watts per hour, (temp is derived from energy over time divided by surface area)
    I repeat, wtf. You both are talking out of your arse?

10+ Year Old Account
    I repeat, wtf. You both are talking out of your arse?

95% of this is because a couple people don't understand that a watercooler will heat your ambient air more and more quickly than a heatsink, at least a stock one, seems they are forgetting that a watercooler lowers your CPU temp and that energy has to go somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    95% of this is because a couple people don't understand that a watercooler will heat your ambient air more and more quickly than a heatsink, at least a stock one, seems they are forgetting that a watercooler lowers your CPU temp and that energy has to go somewhere
    It's the same thing between blower & aftermarket gpu's. With aftermarket coolers it takes so much longer to dump all that heat in your ambient, with blowers its nearly instant. Just 10-20 mins is enough to heat my room up with those cards where as with aftermarkt gpu's when I remove the sidepanel it's like its steaming lol.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

Deleted
    You should use an Asus owl-themed gaming headset of course! loljk

Anyway while T70 is a good choice I can't recommend wearing closed headphones outside. Then again my DT-770s were a fantastic companion during a 11 hour flight. Comfortable and isolating. But I wouldn't even think about wearing them in gym, they're a bit uncomfortable during warm days, exercising with closed beyers will probably cook your ears. :P Additionally the T70s are light on bass, a complete opposite from what you want with lots of background noise.

I like to wear my Sennheiser PX-100s outside, but they have overly amplified bass and are overall a lower end headphone. But on the other hand they're light, comfortable and let some noise in so you know what's happening around you.

You might want to take a look at Sennheiser HD 25-1 II:s.

Deleted
    Have you lot seen these Ram tests done with i7 4790k? 2133Mhz diffence to 1600.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Have you lot seen these Ram tests done with i7 4790k? 2133Mhz diffence to 1600.
    No. But it still means fuck all anywhere outside a synthetic benchmark.

Got my Fiio E10 today and holy crap.. This thing is freaking amazing. Glad I didn't go for a sound card for the new build. Not only it sounds better than the Sound Blaster Z, it's even cheaper. I got mine for 70$. Very happy with the purchase. Using the MMX 300 from Beyerdynamic.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

15+ Year Old Account
    So I almost forgot about the Pentium G3258 with all the talk going on about the 4790k. I went and checked some reviews and... fucking hell..!

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ance,3849.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evXpqpNhu_Y

Is that thing just awesome or what? Literally the best thing since sliced bread.. Makes you want to just grab one or two and use it for small media center or the like. Too bad I don't really need one. Maybe low power mini-ITX build for summer or something?

Deleted
    Yeah I almost grabbed that as my next CPU instead of 4690k but then I realised it wouldn't be the best idea for heavily multithreaded tasks. It's just a great little thing and runs cool as hell too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking what I said from another thread and placing it here because this place is more appropriate:
    ...im going to likely be in the market for a desktop replacement laptop, considering the Sager NP9377-S from xoticpc with the 120hz screen, SLI 880M, i7-4810mq, 2x500GB SSDs in RAID0, 2x1TB HDDs in RAID 0, and the works with the IC diamond, copper upgrades, screen calibration, etc with the 3 year warranty, coverage, and accidental damage protection. Hoping this gets me through 4 years of college gaming and such.

Of course, there is the option of buying something for half that price with like a single 870m/880M to get me through roughly 2 years and then upgrade to a newer model down the line rather than trying to go balls to the wall from the get-go
    Anyone care to share any thoughts/experiences relevant to this?
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Deleted
    Played around with FRAPS in LFR Wing 2:

(click to enlarge)

Anyone seen the proposed Windows 9 DRM?

http://www.techpowerup.com/202830/mi...windows-9.html

Kind of on the fence about it personally since it would be yet another online account I'd likely have to sign up for but I would no longer have to type in a product key.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134