Thread: [DK] Glyph Idea

10+ Year Old Account

[DK] Glyph Idea

I had an idea for a minor glyph and it won't get out of my head until I put it here. I am so sorry.

Glyph of the Overly-Attached Ghoul-Friend
    (Minor)
    (Unholy)

While your ghoul is unsummoned and you are out of combat, your ghoul has a chance [1% per second, 1min ICD] of summoning itself to make sure you are okay and don't need it. [30 second duration, has the same name as your most recent ghoul, disappears if you enter combat, does not affect actual ghoul CD]. Upon checking up on you, it has a small chance [1% per summon] of giving you a gift. [Gift is a Dead Critter (Random Variant, possibly including very rare capturable battle pets to mock you) that is Soulbound and cannot be vendored]. Does not function in instances, raids, arenas, or battlegrounds.

Bracketed stuff is explanation and would not be mentioned in the glyph itself.

Come on, it's no sillier than the Harrison Jones part of Uldum. Although that is a pretty low bar...

Wouldn't mind a Minor Glyph, Loyalty to the new king

Turns all frost attacks into fire attacks, new animations but same damage.

I'd love to see a minor glyph that changes the appearance of DnD based on spec. At least a color swap would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by blizziness View Post
    I'd love to see a minor glyph that changes the appearance of DnD based on spec. At least a color swap would be appreciated.
    Awesome idea! Would be so f**king cool to see frozen ground as frost or spilling blood as blood ;D But its not gonna happen anytime soon because they are already trying to minimize the animations on the ground/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    Awesome idea! Would be so f**king cool to see frozen ground as frost or spilling blood as blood ;D But its not gonna happen anytime soon because they are already trying to minimize the animations on the ground/etc.
    There are NPC's with a death and decay style attack that are different colors (like the green one in ..SFK..? I believe) so it doesn't seem like it would require any additional asset creation unless they decided to get artsy with it. Would be nice to have the option since they're allowing you to turn down other player particles. I'd like to admire my shiny blue rune circle lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blizziness View Post
    There are NPC's with a death and decay style attack that are different colors (like the green one in ..SFK..? I believe) so it doesn't seem like it would require any additional asset creation unless they decided to get artsy with it. Would be nice to have the option since they're allowing you to turn down other player particles. I'd like to admire my shiny blue rune circle lol
    Although people don't go there often, Rage Winterchill in the Hyjal Summit raid has the exact same colour and art style DnD as a regular DK. I nearly had my ass handed to me by the spell until I realised it was 3 times the size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of [Couldn't Think of a Good/Clever Name]: Changes the color of your eyes, depending on what presence you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Wouldn't mind a Minor Glyph, Loyalty to the new king

Turns all frost attacks into fire attacks, new animations but same damage.
    I really like this. It doesn't have to be a DPS glyph, just something for flavor. For example, Frost Strike could become Fiery Strike, Howling Blast could become Inferno Blast, etc. You get the picture.
    Last edited by Enfilade; 2014-06-23 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Glyph of [Couldn't Think of a Good/Clever Name]: Changes the color of your eyes, depending on what presence you're in.
    Blizz has said that blue eyes aren't going anywhere, since all DKs, regardless of spec, are related to the Frozen North.

Which is a shame, since tanking with red eyes would be baller.

I really got into the turning Frost into a Fire spec idea.

Would it make sense lore-wise since Bolvar (New LichKing, and my hero <3) became all fiery?

But making it a glyph would be a total waste, should definitely be similar to the Warlock's green fire quest if ever implemented.

Imagine how epic the fiery version of Howling Blast would look.

Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    I really got into the turning Frost into a Fire spec idea.

Would it make sense lore-wise since Bolvar (New LichKing, and my hero <3) became all fiery?

But making it a glyph would be a total waste, should definitely be similar to the Warlock's green fire quest if ever implemented.

Imagine how epic the fiery version of Howling Blast would look.

Something tells me WoD will have something for Pallys just like MoP n locks