Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is the Squish a joke?

I am just saying, after watching the stream of Fatboss, he has around 250k health as standard geared level 100er.

250k <, that is the begin, imagine end of WoD, we are back at 400k health atleast.
    Do they want to make a squish each expansion or something?

I hope this is a place holder or else i'm very dissapointed in the squish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

HP is high for PvP reasons, you might wanna check the blog posts on that

Deleted
    HP was effectively doubled to account for there being no resilience on gear. Everything else is squished to levels that would be congruent with having half the amount of HP as you see.

10+ Year Old Account
    HP is high for PvP. Stats, though, themselves are considerably lower. Starting out iLvl 500 gear is only 30 strength, 39 stamina.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how high will we crit then? Like 50k? So people won't get 1shotted anymore? is that the reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Newgate View Post
    So how high will we crit then? Like 50k? So people won't get 1shotted anymore? is that the reason?
    No you won't crit anywhere close to 50k. More like 5 or 6k at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No you won't crit anywhere close to 50k. More like 5 or 6k at best.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. Those sound pretty similar to the numbers we're seeing at level 90 and we also have to take into consideration about who's critting on what class at level 100 at what stage of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. Those sound pretty similar to the numbers we're seeing at level 90 and we also have to take into consideration about who's critting on what class at level 100 at what stage of gear.
    I've played the alpha. Best crit I was getting in 500 gear was 3k or so as a frost DK. I realize that the gear will be higher item level but we won't see the 50k - 500k dps jump we saw this exp.

Deleted
    I've played the alpha. Best crit I was getting in 500 gear was 3k or so as a frost DK. I realize that the gear will be higher item level but we won't see the 50k - 500k dps jump we saw this exp.
    Well that's bullshit, on the streams I watched a few weeks ago a 90 monk was critting for 20k questing.

Deleted
    If a 60k crit definately isn't unreasonable at ilvl 500 currently and 60k is 20x higher than 3k then at level 100 I don't see why 50k crits are unreasonable on current classes who can crit over 1m with the same scaling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post
    Well that's bullshit, on the streams I watched a few weeks ago a 90 monk was critting for 20k questing.
    It's possible that they've been significantly nerfed since then, was several rounds of damage balance recently.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account

i am watching nobbel and he is doing 30k aoe dmg lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If a 60k crit definately isn't unreasonable at ilvl 500 currently and 60k is 20x higher than 3k then at level 100 I don't see why 50k crits are unreasonable on current classes who can crit over 1m with the same scaling.
    i am watching nobbel and he is doing 30k aoe dmg lol
    All right, I guess we'll see some 50k crits.

Deleted
    I agree with OP, it still seems too high.

Maybe they're doing it like that because there would be a lot of backlash from players who don't read fansites when they log in with 30k HP and start doing less damage.

Deleted
    I agree with OP, it still seems too high.

Maybe they're doing it like that because there would be a lot of backlash from players who don't read fansites when they log in with 30k HP and start doing less damage.
    It's already been stated that they're doing it to compensate for the removal of resilience.

Stat squish is a joke alltogether IMO.

We're supposed to feel like we're growing and progressing with each level, now we're going backwards.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

It's already been stated that they're doing it to compensate for the removal of resilience.
    Then abilities need to hit for much less so that they can bring the health back down... way down, or there's another squish in sight an expansion or two later.

Stat squish is a joke alltogether IMO.
    it would be a joke if they did it for no good reason.

Lets not forget its alpha :P

I am just saying, after watching the stream of Fatboss, he has around 250k health as standard geared level 100er.

250k <, that is the begin, imagine end of WoD, we are back at 400k health atleast.
    Do they want to make a squish each expansion or something?

I hope this is a place holder or else i'm very dissapointed in the squish.
    Who sits around worrying about this? How is it a joke? So what if they do squish the numbers for the previous expansion when a new one is launched.

If you have emotional reactions to something like this, you need to get out of the house more and learn about real problems. Your post sounds like something a Jerry Springer guest would freak out over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Then abilities need to hit for much less so that they can bring the health back down... way down, or there's another squish in sight an expansion or two later.
    I don't quite follow? They have scaled down how much your abilities hit for by a considerable amount and that's even during the balancing. Scaling down the damage would just be the equivelent of having the extra health AND resilience.