thanks a bunch thought so myself but was wondering why the f***** amr says different :P

Since AMR isn't a simulator it aims to approximate the value of trinkets, usually by averaging out the amount of stats the trinket gives to evaluate it just like a big chunk of passive stats. Since Rune is rather complicated and can't be modelled very well in that regard I wouldn't expect AMR to rank it accurately.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    Quick question since i raided with rogue since t15 and re-rolling my kitty back as main
    Why is askmrrobot(sucks atm) telling ted+aoc are bis or should i still aim geting HC RoRo(no luck on coins/10man drops still)
    And with RoRo best choice is Harrom? or TED? or stick with 582 AoC?
    Thx fellas
    Trinkets r not best amr part. Harrom+aoc r easy mode pick. 5.4 trinkets r pretty equal.

Deleted
    Question of the day: Can anybody give me some tips for Protectors? i can only do 500k ish if im lucky and i have no idea how but some ferals are doing like 700k ish?

also with bis gear full upgraded would you consider a 530 rune worth using since i dont have a HC one? i currently have all hc wf SoO trinkets

ty lads

Deleted
    I read elsewhere that you should only use Shred during Berserk due to the reduced energy cost plus the glyph removing the positional element, and then use Mangle as the filler combo builder.

Is this correct?

Could be mistaken, I haven't kept up much lately and also I'm rather tired atm but I think not so much the glyph; shred and mangle do similar Damage Per Energy so the dps difference is minimal overall but the cheaper mangle makes for slightly faster cp building which leads to more bites, easier maintenance management and whatnot. During berserk and also occasional omen procs (though thrash might be a better option to use omen on), where energy is pretty much out of the equation, then shred for the little bit of extra damage since both have little to no energy cost the straight up damage > the D.P.E.

Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlux View Post
    Question of the day: Can anybody give me some tips for Protectors? i can only do 500k ish if im lucky and i have no idea how but some ferals are doing like 700k ish?
    Bosses stacked up for maximum cleave damage and minimal downtime, short kill times, good trinket procs. That's about it really.

also with bis gear full upgraded would you consider a 530 rune worth using since i dont have a HC one? i currently have all hc wf SoO trinkets
    No, definitely not. 536 Rune is sorta close but also still not worth using. You need a heroic Rune for it to be competitive in heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I read elsewhere that you should only use Shred during Berserk due to the reduced energy cost plus the glyph removing the positional element, and then use Mangle as the filler combo builder.

Is this correct?
    It doesn't really have anything to do with the glyph (which isn't really that good since it allows you to get parried). You generally should use Shred on Omen of Clarity procs and during periods of high energy (Berserk and Bloodlust) and Mangle in any other situation. That said, it makes a very very negligible difference to your total DPS and people tend to worry about it more than is really justified, so do whatever you're comfortable with.

What Kojo said about why Mangle is competitive is correct.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-06-26 at 10:07 PM.

ty lads
    Exactly what Pawkets said plus getting Tricks, extremely lucky on Trinket procs (especially during execute phase), and clearclasting procs.

ty lads
    Make your guild kill it faster, that's like the biggest thing in the fight, besides a nice opener and good executes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think a strong kill time provides a big dps boost, you more likely need clearcasting as Rook/Sun are both transitioned agi proc alone with that one, and runee thrash on top of that to climb high. Didn't look into the log but 700k should aswell be doable without tricks, ofcourse a godbless by rng aswell #ripferalonprotectors

I think the main benefit of killing it faster is it raises the percentage of the fight that your opener takes up where you're guaranteed to be doing a lot of damage; and the corollary is that there is a shorter period of time where you need very good RNG to keep your damage high.

Deleted
    Next beta change seems to be the removal of Shred extensions to Rip... sigh...
    although quite small, it added some kind of difference between a good and a great feral.

How was that anything to do with skill cap? You continued your rotation and it got extended, you didn't do it a specific way or game it in any way so I fail to see how it is a big deal. It's actually a buff to cleave DPS as you're able to swap to a new target immediatlyafter applying Rip instead of having to attack the same target more.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Next beta change seems to be the removal of Shred extensions to Rip... sigh...
    although quite small, it added some kind of difference between a good and a great feral.
    Gonna have to agree with Glurp here. No it didn't. There was no "skill" in extending rip. It should happen anyway during the normal rotation. The sky isn't falling. Feral is changing very little from how it's played in Mop. Which is a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Gonna have to agree with Glurp here. No it didn't. There was no "skill" in extending rip. It should happen anyway during the normal rotation. The sky isn't falling. Feral is changing very little from how it's played in Mop. Which is a good thing.
    I agree that it was very minor. Deciding the importance of extending rip compared to getting a new one on another target did increase the skill cap a bit though; don't know how you can argue that it didn't (at all). Now what you are saying about feral not changing confuses me. Feral is losing so much of its difficulty and this new change just shows that blizzard isn't aware or doesn't care about the feedback that many players have given about the changes. I don't particularly care for rip extensions (because it is incredibly minor) but this shows that they probably won't go back on their decisions to gut feral difficulty.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-07-04 at 07:47 AM.

Well it's gonna be a bit easier on council fights where you apply rip on multible targets, but the benefit of not having a 2 second rip suddenly disappearing is easily worth it.

Overall we're losing quite a lot in the other forms. We can't really lose much in cat form because we're still just half a spec since the split with Guardian. I'm still waiting for the compensation for that really, even though I know we'll never get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Well it's gonna be a bit easier on council fights where you apply rip on multible targets, but the benefit of not having a 2 second rip suddenly disappearing is easily worth it.
    Oh shit. Did that annoying bug stem from rip extensions? If so then I wholeheartedly agree with the removal of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Oh shit. Did that annoying bug stem from rip extensions? If so then I wholeheartedly agree with the removal of those.
    Yes, yes it did. Kraineth brought it up on twitter that it was still broken and Celestalon said they decided to remove it instead of fix the issue (don't take that at face value, but that's the gist of it).

Overall we're losing quite a lot in the other forms. We can't really lose much in cat form because we're still just half a spec since the split with Guardian. I'm still waiting for the compensation for that really, even though I know we'll never get it.
    Xd Yup, it did which is why I said this was nothing but a boon to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's gonna be a bit easier on council fights where you apply rip on multiple targets, but the benefit of not having a 2 second rip suddenly disappearing is easily worth it.

Pretty much this Karl. "Feral" itself is not loosing that much other than a bit of the skill cap. Other forms, while annoying are not a main concern, at least for me.

Since they removed moonfire does that make us the only spec in the game that can't deal damage outside of melee range (not counting Swipe & Thrash)? And obviously LI gives us that, but I mean baseline.

Edit: Oh I forgot we still have wrath. Try using that to stop a flag cap... hah, fat chance.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-07-05 at 05:00 AM.