Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Also I've heard from people in alpha that SSproc resets the recharge timer. Is it intended ?
    Either they weren't looking right or it's been changed. Just tried it out, SS charge continues as is when you get a proc(unless it puts you at 3 charges, obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Either they weren't looking right or it's been changed. Just tried it out, SS charge continues as is when you get a proc(unless it puts you at 3 charges, obviously).
    That's good, thanks.

Interesting thing i just noticed: The Eclipse buff animation above your head actually shows what direction Eclipse is currently going.

There's a total of 6 distinct states indicated by a small moon or sun around the shadow in the middle, which are as follows:

Lower left: Lunar, rising
    Middle left: Lunar, peak
    Upper left: Lunar, falling
    Upper right: Solar, rising
    Middle left: Solar, peak
    Lower left: Solar, falling

As you can see, the indicator moves around the black middle in a circular, clockwise manner.

Here is some alpha pvp, from moonkin pov.

Few Notes:
    -In one of the video's the duration of SI was 5 seconds..I tought it was 12?
    -Lmao at that stellar Flare animation
    -He had Ca glyphed in and it only seemed to consume a charge when he used an offensive spell. Would seem like a o brainer but the glyph did not specify.
    Last edited by Criminalle; 2014-06-28 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    Is that how stellar flare looks like now? :O

Now it just needs a fitting sound effect. Something like bzrt-DOOOOOM.

Here's a video of just Stellar Flare.

I'm having a real hard time adjusting to this new eclipse bar. It's very weird lol.

I'm also not sure what I should be casting. Do I keep casting Wrath until I hit Lunar Eclipse as always? Or once the Bar moves to 0 Solar and starting climbing towards 100 Lunar I start casting Starfire?

Also do I unload SS at 100 Lunar energy only? Obviously during trinket procs I do, but I basically never want to sit at 3 stacks right?

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    I'm having a real hard time adjusting to this new eclipse bar. It's very weird lol.

I'm also not sure what I should be casting. Do I keep casting Wrath until I hit Lunar Eclipse as always? Or once the Bar moves to 0 Solar and starting climbing towards 100 Lunar I start casting Starfire?

Also do I unload SS at 100 Lunar energy only? Obviously during trinket procs I do, but I basically never want to sit at 3 stacks right?
    Use Starsurge so that the 2/3 buffed Starfires/Wraths would be casted at Eclipse peak.

When the arrow-white-thing is anywhere in blue you cast Lunar spells, same for Solar spells anywhere in orange. Compared to Live, you always want to cast the spell that would normally deplete the bar.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Zest_G Plan for travel form: one button does Aqua+Stag+Flight, baseline. Glyph splits it into Aqua+RideableStag and Flight. (source)
    I'd prefer the other way around, but better than the current way.

Use Starsurge so that the 2/3 buffed Starfires/Wraths would be casted at Eclipse peak.
    I'm sorry, but this confuses me, feel free to call me a moron. I know that I only do 1 moonfire at 100 Lunar. Then I do 1 SF @ 100 solar and one right before I exit solar.

So I cast SS leading up to 100 Lunar or Solar?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, but this confuses me, feel free to call me a moron. I know that I only do 1 moonfire at 100 Lunar. Then I do 1 SF @ 100 solar and one right before I exit solar.

- - - Updated - - -

it stalls out at 100 on each side there's a ton of time at the peaks. Go watch a beta stream or something. Probably would be ideal to cast an SS every lunar for single tar. its still beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    it stalls out at 100 on each side there's a ton of time at the peaks. Go watch a beta stream or something. Probably would be ideal to cast an SS every lunar for single tar. its still beta.
    I've noticed there is a 3-4 second stall at the peak of each eclipse.

As to your comments, I am in the beta, I'm just asking a couple questions of people who are far more talented than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    You have to cast more than that to not cap charges. First, SS charges generate every 30 seconds but our cycle is 40, and second, there's Shooting Stars.

Not sure what you re asking since you already know the eclipse meter stalls :P

Starsurge at proper time > Cast Starfire so it finishes when at 100 eclipse > Moonfire at 100 eclipse > Starfire

Adjusted for Solar ofc, since you will not be casting Sunfire at peak but also for the shorter Wrath cast timer.

I know it's going to be a problem down the road when I don't outgear the hell out of everything, but at the moment the current iteration of Starfall is incredibly satisfying o.0

I have to agree with some of the comments about the sine-wave Eclipse making things sort of easier, though. I don't claim that our rotation on live is particularly difficult, but I genuinely feel that I do not have to devote much thought to my Eclipse bar on beta. It feels like Eclipse management will just become another muscle memory response to scripted mechanics, since you'll plan exactly where your bar is at any given time and it will get there without any intervention from you.

Regardless, I still have high hopes. I may not be completely happy with the new eclipse but things just feel... "smoother" for Moonkin in beta than they do on live.

Deleted
    I hope this is a bug, cuz I dont wanna be a smurfkin =(

You're a Smurfkin.

Still, my main complaint is depth of the spec. Feels wrong if I do every perfectly for a 5% DPS gain over someone who spends 10min on the dummy.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Blizzard certainly did what they said in making it from hard to learn, easy to master to easy to to learn. They just forgot about the hard to master part. Although in saying that what can you really hope for? Pretty much every spec has been brought down to a level where playing it near optimally seems ridiculously easy.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-06-30 at 06:54 AM.

Deleted
    I kinda like the smurfkin, atleast on night elf. Btw I absolutely LOVE the new starfall, found a place on beta with tons of low-hp-mobs, felt like a god running around there killing 20 mobs at a time.

Deleted
    does anyone else also think that the moonkin rotation feels a little too "slow"?