I started to mostly FW all our fights in 25m hc. Only fight i dont do is norushen, malkorok and thok. Ofc i do throw out ReM and uplifts. But rest of time i just FW. I cba to try compet with a disco, pala and druid healer. So why not just help the team out to get a kill faster :P

I guess as the expac gets closer more and more monks will be making the switch. I made the switch to 25 man raiding in ToT.

I know one MW who went for ten man raiding this expac cause he was pissed he couldn't top the meters <.<

The problem is monks have a large ramp up time and if something happens (sent to another realm, etc) your ability to heal the raid is hampered due to renewing mists fall off. Plus timing is everything. Mistime a TFT and you really hamper your ability to heal like on Iron Jugger.

If your healing with hpally and discs don't expect your heals to do much.

Also you need a ReM tracker. In ten man you can glance and see what is going on but with 25 man the question of: is ReM on 11 or 13 people? becomes a lot harder to see quickly.

The fistweaving spot confused me. The basic rotation for Fistweaving is Jab > Palm > Jab > Palm...ect..ect... Use Blackout just for aoe?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Well use SCK(RJW) if there is 3+ targets instead of Jab and then BoK

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Noting also what Total said, this was also further up the same page you posted on:

I'd comment on it, like agree, disagree, or qualify, but I was the one asking for advice, healing serious 25s for the first time. :P

If you want him to pull higher numbers, though? That's not what fistweaving does. Correct me if you think I'm wrong, guys, but FWing is nearly always an HPS loss. He's low on meters probably because Mistweaver gets sniped a lot in 25s. I wouldn't worry about it. He's probably doing well rotationally.
    The main problem is refusing to even try doing it at all. If you have nothing better to do (all health bars are full, people aren't taking uncessary damage, etc) you might as well FW to help out the raid a little bit. A good example is on Norushen, the small adds have relatively low HP and every interrupt on them lowers raid damage overall. If your other healers can handle the healing, then keeping REM up and being ready to TFT->Uplift while DPSing adds is a plus in my book.

I guess I'm not really complaining about FW in general as a healing mechanic, it's more about playing a class to it's full potential when applicable. (Obviously you shouldn't be FWing when Empowered WC comes out on Garrosh for example)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post

I guess I'm not really complaining about FW in general as a healing mechanic, it's more about playing a class to it's full potential when applicable. (Obviously you shouldn't be FWing when Empowered WC comes out on Garrosh for example)
    Have him try using Crackling Jade Lightning a lot more during random damage phases and during LMG procs, and on Empowered WC after dumping all Chi and Chi Brew Chi into Uplift might as well CJL to top off whoever else needs healing. CJL is an easier way for MWs to use Eminence without the bladder discomfort of standing in melee, if that's not their thing.

Also try Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere as that seemed to improve my total healing done quite a bit in 25man. Particularly on movement fights. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    The main problem is refusing to even try doing it at all. If you have nothing better to do (all health bars are full, people aren't taking uncessary damage, etc) you might as well FW to help out the raid a little bit. A good example is on Norushen, the small adds have relatively low HP and every interrupt on them lowers raid damage overall. If your other healers can handle the healing, then keeping REM up and being ready to TFT->Uplift while DPSing adds is a plus in my book.
    It depends.. if you're like me and still try to snipe heals as much as you can, in down time you'll be channeling freaking mana tea all the time because of trying to keep RJW full time.

Fistweaving was a lot more fun in T14, but that's nostalgia kicking probably.

Must say though, doing 400k+ dps in 5 man while farming valor is a lot of fun.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Someone using ask mr robot and can tell me how you edited the weights? Or could tell me how i should edit them http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...re/crus%C3%AAr

Deleted
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...qYzczUmc#gid=6

@Cruser that has an AMR guide for MWs

Quote Originally Posted by Stormieh View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...qYzczUmc#gid=6

@Cruser that has an AMR guide for MWs
    Don't really agree with your weights. 2 Crit is 20% better than 1 int, TOPS, and only if you need the extra mana tea. More like 10%, just considering throughput.

Also, 12138 breakpoint should be 12154 for SooM pseudo-breakpoint.

So my weights are
    int 1.0
    spellpower 0.85
    haste (to breakpoint) 0.6 (this number doesn't matter much as long as it's higher than crit)
    crit 0.55
    mastery ~0.25
    spirit ~0.12
    haste (past breakpoint) ~0.1

So as far as the 4 set goes for MWs is it worth getting? currently im wanting to use my Warforged chest with crit on it from Ordos but i will break my 4 set if i do. But it gives me more haste and crit so im not sure :/

It's going to do 3-3.5% of your healing on a typical fight, and is smart healing. I personally don't believe that the 6 ilvl increase on 2 very slightly better itemized pieces can compete with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    It's going to do 3-3.5% of your healing on a typical fight, and is smart healing. I personally don't believe that the 6 ilvl increase on 2 very slightly better itemized pieces can compete with that.
    Just so you have a second opinion: this is essentially correct, and in addition, the two weakest tier pieces (shoulders/legs) have shitty alternatives: garrosh drops the shoulders, and the pants have double blue sockets IIRC and drop late in the tier (Spoils i think). If you're just clearing normals or less than about half the heroics, you want 4set non-legs and get Warforged legs from Ordos as your Best in Slot list, I'm pretty sure.

Ok well i really want to post a link to my MW monk but unfortunately i dont have enough posts -.-

But if any1 would mind searching Miløna (alt 0248) on the US WoW armory and could let me know what they think i would be very appreciative.

I have tried so many variations of gemming and reforging that i really would like any feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hæmon View Post
    Ok well i really want to post a link to my MW monk but unfortunately i dont have enough posts -.-

But if any1 would mind searching Miløna (alt 0248) on the US WoW armory and could let me know what they think i would be very appreciative.

I have tried so many variations of gemming and reforging that i really would like any feedback
    You could read the guide or even just click on one of the two different MW armories or read the post about stat weights that are all on this very page. If you'd rather not do that, you could at least look at your available gem selection and socket bonuses and realize that skipping a 180 Int socket bonus is probably a very bad idea.

I have read the guide and also the guide on icy-veins and looked at some of the stat weights on this thread and looked at some of the ways other MW monks have gemmed (which is how i got this one) and they all have different ways of doing it. . This is why im linking my armory so that i can look at other peoples opinions on my monk to see what the popular opinion on it is. I also did try going for the sockets but felt my HPS went down from when i was straight crit.

But i do appreciate the feedback so thanks!

I'm a brand new MW Monk with a question about Chi Wave. I just dinged 30 and picked this talent for use in random dungeon runs as healer. Can someone explain what situations I'd use it in? At first it looked like a group heal for when things go wrong and all hell breaks loose but I'm concerned that it might pull local mobs. Is that possible? I don't want my "help!" heal spell to make the situation worse. Thanks.

Depends if you cast it on hostile or friendly target.. Chi Wave is a smart heal usually in 5 man you just do it on tank all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I have read the guide and also the guide on icy-veins and looked at some of the stat weights on this thread and looked at some of the ways other MW monks have gemmed (which is how i got this one) and they all have different ways of doing it. . This is why im linking my armory so that i can look at other peoples opinions on my monk to see what the popular opinion on it is. I also did try going for the sockets but felt my HPS went down from when i was straight crit.

But i do appreciate the feedback so thanks!
    Check the stats weight 4 posts above yours and follow those. Your haste is a bit wasted, either go for 6148 or 9158. You shouldn't ignore socket bonuses all the time like that, usually unless you have a blue socket, it's not worth it to gem full crit, go for int/crit for red sockets. Of course ignore spirit socket bonuses.

Also, remove glyph of targeted expulsion, glyph enduring spheres.

That is what I could say in 5 mins.

See the thing im noticing about MWs is that almost every1 has different ways to do it. i actually used to run with the Enduring spheres but then was told not to use it xD

I also did try going for the sockets but felt my HPS went down from when i was straight crit.
    The difference in your average HPS is small enough from those gems that fight mechanics, RNG (e.g. how many crits you got), or how many people stepped in fire will affect meters more than your gemming -- not that it's okay to gem incorrectly; my point is that you can't look at meters to see how much a difference of 0-200 int changed your HPS.

See the thing im noticing about MWs is that almost every1 has different ways to do it. i actually used to run with the Enduring spheres but then was told not to use it xD
    Whoever told you that was definitely not up on the latest theorycraft. We are. The point of Glyph of EHS is that it affects orbs spawned from Mastery too, so you see a noticeable difference in Gift of the Serpent orb pick-ups. It's quite strong relative to other major glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Of course ignore spirit socket bonuses.
    I would only say "of course" if it's a blue socket with a spirit socket bonus.
    I'd personally match red sockets with a spirit socket bonus with int/crit.
    This is basically the only preference part of gemming.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-07-02 at 12:20 AM.