Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Am I the only one that wants GoSac demo? It's kinda boring that we've had no choice whatsoever in that talent row for so many tiers. WTB extra fury regen gosac to compensate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    Am I the only one that wants GoSac demo? It's kinda boring that we've had no choice whatsoever in that talent row for so many tiers. WTB extra fury regen gosac to compensate.
    I'd love it. Extra damage on Soul Fire so it hits like a truck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I'd love it. Extra damage on Soul Fire so it hits like a truck.
    Oh goody this does sound fun!
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

your looking at the wrong current gosac for demo the current demo gosac, halves our crit chance to double our pets, so if we can stack to 50% crit then it doubles pet damage, i did like the look of the sac pet for 35% more crit, uber soulfires plus passive self heals

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    So drain life looks like it will be the new filler in pvp for demo which I'm ok with "they will nerf it so that shadow bolt will still be higher dps". But I also noticed that chaos wave always triggers molten core now. I can imagine a Demon bolt/double Chaos wave/Touch of chaos spam with Maybe a soulfire or two will be nasty as hell burst.
    Chaos wave always triggered the Molten Core, is that none uses Chaos Wave now to notice such thing.

Could anyone try to tweet about on making the Glyph of Hand of Gul'dan useful?
    Considering if:
    - Mannoroth's Fury stays bad/ won't get changed.
    - Most likely HoG meta-weave will be removed.

If so: The fall animation of HoG can be sped up; to thrice or almost instant so you can actually hit things (at least with the glyph).
    This wasn't a problem when HoG had 500% passive AoE radius with MF.

Not only that, but separating Shadow-flame DoT from slow (two debuffs), as what they did with Warrior blood-bath.

It's these small annoying things that prevents stuff from being useful.
    - "I throw away all the rules of acceptable conduct during battle; near the ruptures I throw away all the accepted ideas of how the natural world is supposed to behave. Targeting isn’t even a consideration - I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length."

10+ Year Old Account
    So I got to spend some time on the level 100 realm last night and I almost instantly came to hate the Soul Fire perk. Haste values ignored, it just feels crazy to go from casting 2.5s Shadow Bolts to 1s Soul Fires.

That said, I forgot just how slow the spec feels with no haste equipped. No extra imps / doom ticks / haste means that you are gaining near 0 MC procs before execute, and then the MC perk means you burn through them in 5 seconds. Best part is, we are never going to want haste ever again, so the spec will basically always feel that slow.

Life tap in the PvP gear that they provide you with already gives 1/3 of your mana basically, so there isn't going to be much play with being able to time taps to movement.

But hey, Demonbolt hits hard :P

I find pvp much more enjoyable as demo , pets actually do damage, we have a good amount of cc ( 2 felguards stun, HoG slow, fear, tier 2 talent ) and mouvement . You actually can build fury till 1k and not die before, with AD you can burst 2 times, one during building fury to hold your ennemy's burst and one when you reach 1k fury to burst him down, I sow 150k Demonbolt crit on player with full fury and cd, it's 50% of the hp pool. Even chaos wave is good and it gives a MC proc for a 1sec soul fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    So I got to spend some time on the level 100 realm last night and I almost instantly came to hate the Soul Fire perk. Haste values ignored, it just feels crazy to go from casting 2.5s Shadow Bolts to 1s Soul Fires.

That said, I forgot just how slow the spec feels with no haste equipped. No extra imps / doom ticks / haste means that you are gaining near 0 MC procs before execute, and then the MC perk means you burn through them in 5 seconds. Best part is, we are never going to want haste ever again, so the spec will basically always feel that slow.

Life tap in the PvP gear that they provide you with already gives 1/3 of your mana basically, so there isn't going to be much play with being able to time taps to movement.

But hey, Demonbolt hits hard :P
    The Molten Core perk is additive? That was unexpected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The Molten Core perk is additive? That was unexpected.
    Yep, MC goes 4s -> 1s on WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, MC goes 4s -> 1s on WoD
    Madness. Although it pretty much ensures that you'll need to dump a lot of Fury into DB to make it the better cast; which brings us back to pretty much ensuring the play will be to use at the top of the burn phase and not much besides. Will see if connections improved any tonight to spend some time on it.

I still feel like Haste will continue to be valuable though as a Fury generator stat though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Madness. Although it pretty much ensures that you'll need to dump a lot of Fury into DB to make it the better cast; which brings us back to pretty much ensuring the play will be to use at the top of the burn phase and not much besides. Will see if connections improved any tonight to spend some time on it.

I still feel like Haste will continue to be valuable though as a Fury generator stat though.
    It will be something that has a nonzero value for sure, but it won't be competing for the 'best stat' spot at all. I mean, sub 25% it literally will have 0 gain outside of DoTs. Also sadly means that fights that you end with Bloodlust Demo won't be getting much of a boost at all

Kneejerk reaction: Demo locks will mainly play Destro offspec if we aren't wanting much haste. Aff will likely 'require' totally different gear to be solid.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2014-07-02 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be something that has a nonzero value for sure, but it won't be competing for the 'best stat' spot at all. I mean, sub 25% it literally will have 0 gain outside of DoTs. Also sadly means that fights that you end with Bloodlust Demo won't be getting much of a boost at all

Kneejerk reaction: Demo locks will mainly play Destro offspec if we aren't wanting much haste. Aff will likely 'require' totally different gear to be solid.
    Yep, that was something that bugged me early in the expansion, feeling nothing from 'lust. Would hate to see that through the entire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best part is, we are never going to want haste ever again, so the spec will basically always feel that slow.
    Ugh, the slow shadowbolts are what's keeping me from truely enjoying the spec in beta, if that's a spec feature I may not get myself to buy in to Demo for WoD.

base SB should had been 2.0, since haste is going to be not a big thing for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    base SB should had been 2.0, since haste is going to be not a big thing for us.
    I think it will, we still need to generate the Fury to cast those super-fast Soul Fires. The only other place is Crit for Imps from Doom ticks, which only makes the new Demo-Sacrifice even more awful. We'll still want more Doom ticks in that respect anyway, which means Haste. Multistrike and Versatility will be our 'useless' stats.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-07-03 at 09:57 AM.

So Demon Bolt; you only use it once per Meta, if at high fury?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So Demon Bolt; you only use it once per Meta, if at high fury?
    The apparent design is using it once at high fury = sustained damage, but chaining it back to back will provide the most burst.

Regarding the latter, I'm interested to see where the cut off point is where Soul Fire > Demon Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    The apparent design is using it once at high fury = sustained damage, but chaining it back to back will provide the most burst.

Regarding the latter, I'm interested to see where the cut off point is where Soul Fire > Demon Bolt.
    I would assume that if you want burst you'd be better off spending the fury on Chaos Wave, since Demon Bolt's damage is based on how much fury you have.

I got a feeling Demo will be the go to spec in PvP early patches. Which I'm ok with since I miss this spec in PvP.

Is Soul Fire hitting hard baseline?