Deleted

Fully optimized herb/ore farmer.

I often like to source my own mats and sometimes will farm old school ore and herbs for the ridiculous prices they go for(100-200g per obsidium ore stack the other day)

So I'm trying to create the 'perfect' farmer to do this, the only aspects to create this farming toon I've thought of so far are: Tauren, Druid and foragers gloves.

Are there are other items like foragers gloves that would help make my farm faster or more bountiful?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

These will not be of much benefit farming your old school herbs, but when you do have to farm pandara they should help some.

Also, if you dont have one already a Sky Golem wouldnt hurt since you do not need to unmount to harvest herbs. That's really all I can think of for now, but maybe others will be of more help than me

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87213/mist-piercing-goggles

Quote Originally Posted by phogel View Post
    These will not be of much benefit farming your old school herbs, but when you do have to farm pandara they should help some.

Also, if you dont have one already a Sky Golem wouldnt hurt since you do not need to unmount to harvest herbs. That's really all I can think of for now, but maybe others will be of more help than me

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87213/mist-piercing-goggles
    Sky Golem is kinda pointless as a druid, since you don't need to leave flight form for herbs :3

Quote Originally Posted by Csunforgiven View Post
    Sky Golem is kinda pointless as a druid, since you don't need to leave flight form for herbs :3
    thanks for clarifying that for me. I was wondering if that was the case as soon as I sent my reply.

There is also the MoP pickaxe that gives a small chance to get gems from MoP nodes which the ore itself will increase in price next expansion since that will be older content the gems may not be worth much but some of the blue quality ones are used to make mounts/pets and if you have a jc and an enchanter you can do the Ore Shuffle with green quality ones or even just vendor them for some extra cash.

Apparently you can't stack the Foragers Gloves + Tauren racial. So you are fine picking one or the other, but I'd still recommend a druid. Just cause.

Foragers Gloves Analysis:

Night Elf - No gloves
    Light Leather: 1.5 seconds
    Silverleaf: 2.0 seconds
    Copper Ore: 3.2 seconds
    Exotic Leather: 1.5 seconds
    Silkweed: 2.0 seconds
    Ghost Iron Ore: 3.2 seconds

Night Elf - With Gloves:
    Silverleaf: 2.0 seconds
    Exotic Leather: 0.5 seconds (-1.0 seconds)
    Silkweed: 0.5 seconds (-1.5 seconds)
    Ghost Iron Ore: 1.7 seconds (-1.5 seconds)

Tauren - No gloves:
    Silverleaf: 0.5 seconds
    Exotic Leather: 1.5 seconds
    Silkweed: 0.5 seconds
    Ghost Iron Ore: 3.2 seconds

Tauren - With gloves:
    Silverleaf: 0.5 seconds
    Exotic Leather: 0.5 seconds (-1.0 seconds)
    Silkweed: 0.5 seconds (-0.0 seconds)
    Ghost Iron Ore: 1.7 seconds (-1.5 seconds)

The gloves reduce gathering time by up to 1.5 seconds, down to a minimum gathering time of 0.5 seconds.
    They only give their beneft when gathering in Pandaria.
    They dont stack with the Tauren racial Cultivation.

NE druid > tauren druid for farming in pandaria with forager gloves. Shadow melt even means you can aggro mobs while ore farming and still just fly away.
    Druid obviously is also perfect for farming in Vashijr, Obsidium and Azshara's veil sell very good (althought that might change with WoD if old herbs should not be necessary anymore for leveling alchemy/inscription).

Also http://www.wowhead.com/item=85777 comes in handy, but the chance is so low and actually the gems are usually worthless and clunk your inventory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the engineering Mist-Piercing Goggles, they provide "extra" nodes you can farm in Pandarian zones. Obviously it's only good for the MoP ore and herbs.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    I've decided I'm going to get myself some Mist-piercing Goggles, an Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick and lastly foragers gloves to reduce ore mining time.

I had already bought a sky golem in advance for WoD herb picking.

Thanks for all the help and I forgot to mention in the original post that I would be using my tauren druid that is already level 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    You may reconsider the Druid choice due to no flying in Draenor.

My bet is that Rogue or Monk will be best Collectors.
    Nah, druids will still be the best on the ground. New glyph allows travel form to move at up to 225% run speed with a talent+boot enchant, a full 15% faster than a mount+guild perk.

This is also 10% faster than rogue with Nighstalker+Burst of speed in stealth with boot enchant as well.

So we'll still be the fastest on the ground and can gather herbs in travel form.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    I've decided I'm going to get myself some Mist-piercing Goggles, an Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick and lastly foragers gloves to reduce ore mining time.

I had already bought a sky golem in advance for WoD herb picking.

Thanks for all the help and I forgot to mention in the original post that I would be using my tauren druid that is already level 85.
    Just a heads up (hihi), you dont need to wear the Goggles to be able to see the extra nodes.

The best combo would he (at this moment) a Paladin/DK for 456% flying speed, at the horde side Tauren (faster herbing), at Alliance anything is fine, Goggles for extra nodes, Acient Pandaren Mining Pick for free gems, Gloves for faster herbing, Sky Golem for not dismounting and a herb and mining bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    The best combo would he (at this moment) a Paladin/DK for 456% flying speed, at the horde side Tauren (faster herbing), at Alliance anything is fine, Goggles for extra nodes, Acient Pandaren Mining Pick for free gems, Gloves for faster herbing, Sky Golem for not dismounting and a herb and mining bag.
    depending on your connection this could actually lead to you flying passed something before it has a chance to spawn fully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Want the most optimized herb/ore farmer?

Make a level 1 and farm the auction house.

You can gather well over a thousand stacks in under 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Nah, druids will still be the best on the ground. New glyph allows travel form to move at up to 225% run speed with a talent+boot enchant, a full 15% faster than a mount+guild perk.

This is also 10% faster than rogue with Nighskalker+Burst of speed in stealth with boot enchant as well.

So we'll still be the fastest on the ground and can gather herbs in travel form.
    Thanks for this very helpful information!

The best optimized farmer since WoTLK are the following:

Ore: Paladin/DK for 456% flying speed with Mist-Piercing Goggles. Rogue for Sap and Vanish with Mist-Piercing Goggles
    Herb: Night Elf/Tauren Druid with Foragers Gloves.

There is still nothing better.

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to Forager's Gloves, they also increase surveying cast speed for archaeology! Only just found out the other week myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Think this is somewhat ontopic still: Does Ancient Mining pick work for Tillers Farm nodes?
    No, I never got a single gem out of it (although all my miners have the pick).