Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Either way, I saw zero performance from i7 2700k to i7 4930k. WoW is very restricted with the CPU, there's really no increase. bad optimized, however better than most MMOs anyway
    Oh and you don't see an increase because WoW isn't going to support that many cores anyways. Six-Core is basically useless for most gaming purposes. Yes WoW is restricted with the CPU, but it's only because current CPUs only punch out so much single thread performance. If we had better CPUs WoW would run better. (not saying it's anyone but the client's fault).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalshot View Post
    Waiting for the case to put things together...it will arrive on monday+2-3 days for the H75. pfff i m sick waiting with the parts sitting on my desk and me surfing on my iphone:P
    I had that aswell, luckily we have a option, go pick up your parts the day AFTER you order them, or you can wait up to 3 days for the delivery.

Go do a unpacking review on them, I'm sure a few people would watch them or even enjoy them. I know that I was surprised when my GPU arrived tuesday..
    Didn't fit in my case so I had loosen some screws in the case, luckily it was quite the modular case. Just make sure you have everything ready.

Talking about the R9 290 Vapor X -TRIX. Huge card.. Biggest I've had so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Oh and you don't see an increase because WoW isn't going to support that many cores anyways. Six-Core is basically useless for most gaming purposes. Yes WoW is restricted with the CPU, but it's only because current CPUs only punch out so much single thread performance. If we had better CPUs WoW would run better. (not saying it's anyone but the client's fault).
    Hence the reason I said it's "very restricted" with the CPUs rather than saying it's CPU dependant. Luckily WoW isn't my only game and there's more to do than play such as rendering and it makes the job much faster than my i7 2700k, was quite the good chip actually, got it on 4,9 GHZ at really safe voltages and even had it stable at 5.0 GHZ. Used the Noctua to cool it, had the cores at maximum 75C at 4.9 while at 5.0 it did peak higher, don't have the stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    In my experience of Phenom's, a friend of mine bought a Phenom II x4 965 (slightly better than the one discussed) because another friend of his told him that it was a great CPU and better worth the money over an intel for gaming purposes. Made it out to be some sort of crazy powerful one. I spent over a week highly advising him to go intel whether it was dual core or the 2500k (which was the processor I had) and he didn't listen.

Cried playing BF3 in 64man matches and cried raiding 25mans in WoW every single day. To this day he only takes PC advice from me and not the friend of his. After he couldn't take the lag anymore, I built him a new machine with a 3570k and he's been happy ever since.

So yes, I'd have to agree with everyone else that the Phenom processors aren't really considered good in today's standards being that it wasn't even considered that good a couple years back. Hasn't been since Sandy Bridge.
    I never meant buy the phenom rather than the i5.. That's just plain stupid. The CPU is OLD.
    I just meant that it wasn't a really bad CPU, if you had it lying around on your PC. Didn't automatically mean that you needed a upgrae. If you're going to buy a phenom today then you're doing a TERRIBLE choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    First PC i've build
    Nice and clean workspace.

http://s18.postimg.org/hzfhs0vh5/foto_1.jpg

http://s18.postimg.org/6lsygtkyh/foto_2.jpg

edit: woops, big pic. How do I resize it?
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2014-07-05 at 01:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I'm laughing of the situation it's being used. Either way, it's just a funny word I haven't heard in AGES. Thought the word was dead.
    It seems we discussed something wrong on the thead, my question was merely supposed to be at OP if the CPU still wasn't a decent CPU, that's it. Irrelevant from his upgrades.

The reason the 560 is hitting higher C is simple.

A) Dust
    B) Paste
    C) It's getting old, if you had clocks it's obviously taking some damage.

I had a 480 and the temps were hitting the three digits, which actually is almost normal for it, however I changed the paste after 4-5 years? I took the temps down, alot. Cleaned it on the way aswell, got much more silent and much mor cooler.

But taking the perspective he had to upgrade he did a good job on upgrading. I was again, just talking about the CPU irrelevant from other stuff
    A. Kept it clean. B. Put new paste on that rocks. C. Not old enough. Everyone reported this issue pretty much.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    First PC i've build
    Absolutely, looks very sleek. Although you need a classier mouse mat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Haha, I actually got that one just today
    Had a Roccat Sota, but that one started to curl up, which was very annoying.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Nah, I'd be quicker to replace the keyboard.

For what it's worth, I have the Razer Vespula, it is a two-sided mousepad with a nice little wrist pad to lift your hand up for proper use. (aka anti carpal tunnel.)
    We may give Razer a lot of shit for their mice and keyboards, and I do too, but this mousepad is really nice and my Death Adder from 2009 is still going strong.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't actually looking at it from the practical point of view. It's just that the green logo doesn't do justice to the otherwise very minimalistic decoration style in my opinion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've got to give you that indeed.

Gah

Deleted
    First PC i've build
    edit: woops, big pic. How do I resize it?
    Very nice! Is that a Mugen 4 I see? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalshot View Post
    Waiting for the case to put things together...it will arrive on monday+2-3 days for the H75. pfff i m sick waiting with the parts sitting on my desk and me surfing on my iphone:P
    You'll see a massive improvement in WoW, I just hopped from an i7 920 to i5 4690k. In your case the difference will be even larger. If you OC the i5 you'll rarely see under 50fps, even while raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Very nice! Is that a Mugen 4 I see? :P
    Thanks

Yes thats a Mugun 4 indeed
    Last edited by Nutri; 2014-07-03 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks

Yes thats a Mugun 4 indeed
    There seems to be a huge gap between the known manufacturers in the EU and the USA. For example, I've recommended Scythe's CPU coolers and Superflower's PSUs and both have raised a huge storm here.

To continue from here, I finally got around to swapping my stuff from old case to new case, only took me a good hour or two to get everyone unhooked and rehooked and whatnot.

And I realized that the picture makes the whole inside look dirty as hell, stupid crappy camera.
    Also, ignore the tape. Part of the whole "it only cost $10" schtick is that the top panel isn't attached
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    There seems to be a huge gap between the known manufacturers in the EU and the USA. For example, I've recommended Scythe's CPU coolers and Superflower's PSUs and both have raised a huge storm here.
    Well I have to admit that I have zero knowledge of building pc's. Last one I did was back in 2005 or something, when my NVidia 256mb 6600GT 'Doom3 edition' was quite a hot card to have. After that I had laptops and an iMac. So I went with recommendations here on MMO-C and Googled for reviews

Deleted
    @Necrot
    Imgur gives you linked thumbnails. Just a tip!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    @Necrot
    Imgur gives you linked thumbnails. Just a tip!
    Ah! Thanks for the tip. Will use that next time

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Break the image links before mods do it for you

Looks like high profile would not fit in the first black slot but the 2 gray slots are fine. If you have 4 slots filled you could probably just remove the fins.
    Thanks for the reply i use only 2x4gb ram so i will order it this month
    InWin 301 - Corsair SF600 - i5 6600k @ 4ghz - NZXT X52 - Asus Z170i Pro Gaming - HyperX Fury 2x8gb DDR4 @ 2333Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming @2040Mhz - Nvme Samsung Evo 250Gb - Samsung Evo 750 500Gb And Kingston V300 120GB - HDD WD Caviar Green 2TB In External Case - Corsair K95 RGB - Corsair Scimitar RGB Black - Asus Rog Swift 348Q 3440x1440 @ 100Hz -

10+ Year Old Account
    @tielknight that setup looked exactly like my old one lol

If all goes well i'll be buying a pre-built rig on sale this week.

going to give my current phenom II x2 545, vtx 6670 ddr3, 4gb ddr2, over to my bro so he can actually do 25mans with more than 10fps.

for me, i'm going to get an A8 6600k, Gigabyte A88XM-DS2 mobo, gigabyte r7 250 oc 1gb ddr5, 8gb ddr3 1600mhz. going to cost me about £360 in total. also comes with a kb/mouse, win 7 64 and a 1tb seagate HDD.

should be quite an upgrade for me, not expecting double the results but if i can get over 40 fps in most games ill be happy. and my bro gets a reasonable hand me down to replace the horrible thing he plays on (althon 3200+ yes it runs wow just about or should I say it stays on after about 3 tries). but this week should be an interesting one for us, we'll finally be able to actually play some newer games together. had to dance around his 2gb ram limit for a while now when it comes to lan or co-op gaming we've been rather limited.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-07-06 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    If all goes well i'll be buying a pre-built rig on sale this week.

going to give my current phenom II x2 545, vtx 6670 ddr3, 4gb ddr2, over to my bro so he can actually do 25mans with more than 10fps.
    I hope he can o_O
    Phenom II x2 has basically fallen off my "mental PC hardware comparison" chart (i.e. I no longer remember how it performs :P) and that will be what determines minimum fps during 25mans :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze