View Poll Results: How would you grade the past three seasons of PVP under Holinka's leadership?

Voters
373. This poll is closed
  • A: It's never been better!

55 14.75%
  • B: It's been better, but it's not bad.

112 30.03%
  • C: It could be worse but base resilience keeps this guy off the honor roll.

74 19.84%
  • D: More mistakes than anything.

54 14.48%
  • F: Complete disaster!

78 20.91%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    What bugs me the most is how easy the issues in pvp would be to fix without overhauling anything nor affecting PvE in the slightest. Making a different scaling for pvp power based on spec (already exists), so for example hunters with the same amount pvp power get 50% increased dmg while a feral gets 65%, thus fixing any out of control damage or too low of damage. Altering things in instanced pvp only (already exists) like tweaking health pools and increasing mana costs. Amazingly simple changes, of which similar effects are already present, could fix, or at least improve, many of the problems with pvp right now. Thats why its so difficult for me to give any sort of sympathy to the people in charge of pvp balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by monkieassasin View Post
    At least they ahve a dedicated PVP dev now, which for those other betas they did not.
    I'm sure they had one just not one they advertised which actually makes it worse "oh look heres the guy to fix pvp" jk just as bad ....

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    What bugs me the most is how easy the issues in pvp would be to fix without overhauling anything nor affecting PvE in the slightest. Making a different scaling for pvp power based on spec (already exists), so for example hunters with the same amount pvp power get 50% increased dmg while a feral gets 65%, thus fixing any out of control damage or too low of damage. Altering things in instanced pvp only (already exists) like tweaking health pools and increasing mana costs. Amazingly simple changes, of which similar effects are already present, could fix, or at least improve, many of the problems with pvp right now. Thats why its so difficult for me to give any sort of sympathy to the people in charge of pvp balance.
    Its because they have some sort of philosophy that they want things to be "simple" and not overly complicated. Frankly, if things get complicated, i dont care....
    And i think that if how things worked under the hood got overly complicated, most other players would not either. Most people dont know much about how a car actually works, but that does not matter. As long as it runs, they are satisfied.

Its because they have some sort of philosophy that they want things to be "simple" and not overly complicated. Frankly, if things get complicated, i dont care....
    And i think that if how things worked under the hood got overly complicated, most other players would not either. Most people dont know much about how a car actually works, but that does not matter. As long as it runs, they are satisfied.
    Yea I understand, but its not like they already don't have it overly complicated already. Where in the world (in the game) would you find out how ilvl scaling works in bgs? Or how fcs take more damage if tank specced? Or how pve trinkets, meta gems, and legendary cloak procs work in instanced pvp? No where does it tell you any of that, we know about it from forums and keeping up with shit that blizz does outside of the game. How simple would it be to have a "PVP Info Tab" that gave a rundown of shit like that? Like "hey guys in this battleground your health increases by 50% and mana cost of your heals by 50%, in addition ... etc." It pains me at the simplicity.

Edit: Rant continues!

And fixing pvp vs pve gear in world pvp? Why make base resil and roundabout things like the trinket 2set to give pvpers an "advantage"? Set base resil to 40% and a hardcap at 80%, and make pvp power give resil as well. Enough that full prideful puts you at that 80% cap. Then buff base resil to 80% in rated play so that everyone has the same resil since its already capped. Mind = blown.

Hard for me to justify keeping things so unbalanced for so long when tweaking a % or 2 here and there is all it could take.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2014-07-04 at 07:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Yea I understand, but its not like they already don't have it overly complicated already. Where in the world (in the game) would you find out how ilvl scaling works in bgs? Or how fcs take more damage if tank specced? Or how pve trinkets, meta gems, and legendary cloak procs work in instanced pvp? No where does it tell you any of that, we know about it from forums and keeping up with shit that blizz does outside of the game. How simple would it be to have a "PVP Info Tab" that gave a rundown of shit like that? Like "hey guys in this battleground your health increases by 50% and mana cost of your heals by 50%, in addition ... etc." It pains me at the simplicity.

Edit: Rant continues!

And fixing pvp vs pve gear in world pvp? Why make base resil and roundabout things like the trinket 2set to give pvpers an "advantage"? Set base resil to 40% and a hardcap at 80%, and make pvp power give resil as well. Enough that full prideful puts you at that 80% cap. Then buff base resil to 80% in rated play so that everyone has the same resil since its already capped. Mind = blown.

Hard for me to justify keeping things so unbalanced for so long when tweaking a % or 2 here and there is all it could take.
    Your first point is pretty dead on. The game is already pretty complicated. I dont hear people describing about how complicated little nuances like that are in pvp in MoP unless they are a totally new person to pvp or a pver who never pvps at all. I havent heard any serious complaints about it. But what I do hear everyone complain about is too much burst, too much CC, and clearly OP mechanics not being reined in for a whole expansion.

Like really.... Gateway.... It was not ONLY OP in PVP all expac, but even in pve!!! AND THEY DID NOTHING TO NERF IT! Why? Because, and I quote, "We do not want to nerf warlocks right now since it would negatively effect guilds who are doing progression in SoO currently". Like.... WTF....? WHY was this not fixed BEFORE 5.4?? I dont get it.

Like really.... Gateway.... It was not ONLY OP in PVP all expac, but even in pve!!! AND THEY DID NOTHING TO NERF IT! Why? Because, and I quote, "We do not want to nerf warlocks right now since it would negatively effect guilds who are doing progression in SoO currently". Like.... WTF....? WHY was this not fixed BEFORE 5.4?? I dont get it.
    That statement was absolutely unbelievable. Does ANYONE think that if warriors, DK's, rets, monks, etc were doing 20%+ more damage than every other class/spec that they would be allowed to be massively OP (I'm talking about PVE damage btw) for nearly a year? Only warlocks and mages are allowed that type of treatment, and there has never been a more transparent admittance of Blizzards lock/mage bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    That statement was absolutely unbelievable. Does ANYONE think that if warriors, DK's, rets, monks, etc were doing 20%+ more damage than every other class/spec that they would be allowed to be massively OP (I'm talking about PVE damage btw) for nearly a year? Only warlocks and mages are allowed that type of treatment, and there has never been a more transparent admittance of Blizzards lock/mage bias.
    Thats more on raid mechanics then rawr class numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than Ghostcrawler, but marginal. PvP is still a piece of shit and laughable.

The recent deserter change was terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Honestly pvp has been pretty good since he took over. Many classes and specs were totally UNPLAYABLE, but in MoP most classes and specs have a possibility of reaching glad. I think hes dont a pretty good job. B for him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottzx View Post
    Honestly pvp has been pretty good since he took over. Many classes and specs were totally UNPLAYABLE, but in MoP most classes and specs have a possibility of reaching glad. I think hes dont a pretty good job. B for him
    I assume you are talking about rbg and arena. Randoms are a f***ing disease right now, to put it extremely charitably. A smart ten-year old would have come up with a better system. Any one who is involved with the implementation of pvp in its current state should be fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottzx View Post
    Disagree. Fury Warriors require you to work three times as hard compared to Arms Warriors. And if you're a tank, well good luck on reaching Glad lol.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Disagree. Fury Warriors require you to work three times as hard compared to Arms Warriors. And if you're a tank, well good luck on reaching Glad lol.
    obviously tanks have no place in arena and if you cant understand that dont even bother posting.

If s14 and s15 are reflections of he`s ability than he is kinda suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelyka View Post
    If s14 and s15 are reflections of he`s ability than he is kinda suck.
    Well holinka was the one that thought warriors needed the buffs that almost pushed them back to s12 rep lvls in s14.....