Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Interesting read by beta testers on flying being enabled in WoD...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2867941?page=1
    Did anyone run a tally on those in favor of flight and those anti flight ... curious to see what the result is.

Lets be honest though even if it was everyone hating this world w/out flight Blizzard would still stick to their guns ... cause they are either stupid or stuborn .. not sure what one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    They will be providing refunds for those mounts. They have to. Someone should set up a tutorial for that. I have never bought any mounts before. If I had I would be pretty upset the are nerfing them to a point of uselessness.

How mad are the people buying mounts right now to use in WoD.

When you go to the store to buy a mount their is no warning about flying. Soooooooo shady.

That is like me selling someone a condemned house that is going to be knocked down in a few months and not disclosing it.
    Na they won't provide refunds I could bet on that. They will still be able to fly in all the old shit.

I do think it is shady as fuck selling a flying mount with the collectors edition pre order to the only expansion you can't fucking fly in... Seriously WTF...

Almost want to watch Blizzcon to watch them, squirm when the game has been out a month or two and there is no flight... could be interesting.

That Solar Storm Crow looks sweet but really what is the fucking point ... they need to reduce the cost of those store bought flying mounts .. cause come WoD they are fucking useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I will say though, whoever is spreading bullshit about not being able to use any flying mounts on Draenor can stop, I can mount any of my mounts and use them, I just can't leave ground level.
    Uh ok, is this meant to be sarcastic? Cuz it is lolworthy in a "I can wear sponge cakes on my feet and call them shoes" sort of way.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh ok, is this meant to be sarcastic? Cuz it is lolworthy in a "I can wear sponge cakes on my feet and call them shoes" sort of way.
    I see people all the time on their flying mounts in Beta. They look stupid dragging their wings across the ground, hopping constantly in a vain jester to try to fly. Kind of pathetic.

None of what I said is sarcastic, flying or no flying the mounts are still usable. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I do think it is shady as fuck selling a flying mount with the collectors edition pre order to the only expansion you can't fucking fly in... Seriously WTF...
    Which is another reason why I refunded. But it is true, your point, but you can still fly. Just in old content/Draenor 6.1+ (Barring subs not dropping enough to make Blizz bring it back). I agree that selling mounts > creating new content is stupid as shit though.

None of what I said is sarcastic, flying or no flying the mounts are still usable. End of discussion.
    We have another one.. lol

Yah they are useable... you could actually drive a plane around on a highway to, but it isn't what they are fucking made for is it?

Seriously that is the dumbest argument for the limitation of flight " You can still use your flying mount on the ground"

Yes .. because a dragon hoping around on the ground like a chicken feels so fucking epic.

Please for the love of all that is holy come up with something better then that to justify the removal of flight.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-04 at 08:48 PM.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    I see people all the time on their flying mounts in Beta. They look stupid dragging their wings across the ground, hopping constantly in a vain jester to try to fly. Kind of pathetic.
    Haha yes. This sums it up perfectly.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Which is another reason why I refunded. But it is true, your point, but you can still fly. Just in old content/Draenor 6.1+ (Barring subs not dropping enough to make Blizz bring it back). I agree that selling mounts > creating new content is stupid as shit though.
    Again I have to say the Solar Storm Crow Raven looks fucking sweet... and if flight is returned in a reasonable time (before I become to attached to Wildstar) you can bet your ass I will return and drop 30 bucks for that bad boy.

But yeah selling a flying mount w/the expansion that isn't going to allow flight.. Seriously are Blizz just trying to be douche bags now.

The paths need to move faster, but they are very direct. That is pretty much the only complaint I have. I will say though, whoever is spreading bullshit about not being able to use any flying mounts on Draenor can stop, I can mount any of my mounts and use them, I just can't leave ground level.
    You can mount your FLYING MOUNTS as grounds mounts in Draenor, yes. You can't fly with your FLYING MOUNTS though. The ONLY reason why they are adding all ground mount use for FLYING MOUNTS in 6.0. Or is it now 6.1? Or 6.2? 7.0?

It sounds to me like the pro-fliers don't even like WoW.

BTW I just timed it and it took just under 5 minutes to fly from very NW Townlong Steppes to Timeless Isle, and just under 7 minutes to take the flight path back. That's PLENTY quick. 7 minutes to travel across a CONTINENT. Not to mention the 15 minute hearth that would of brought you half way.

There's no argument when it comes to worrying about wasting time.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-07-04 at 09:02 PM.

Yep and I was serious too. Sponge cakes or not they are still wearable as shoes, despite what they were originally made for, and paid for in real money.

For example, (preference this example btw : it's Friday night, and I've had a beer or two), if I buy a sponge cake off a baker and he tells me "congrats on your purchase of a sponge cake! You can't eat it though."
    To which I reply : "Well why not? I paid good money for a sponge cake in order to enjoy a sponge cake. I have also bought sponge cakes for years with the sole intent of eating them, but I can't eat them anymore?"
    Baker : "No not anymore,I now design sponge cakes to be worn as shoes. I felt that people were eating there sponge cakes to fast, so I feel that using them as shoes is a better idea. You may be able to eat sponge cakes again in the future, we just aren't sure how this change will effect sales, so bare with us. In the mean time, here, we made a sponge cake with extra special icing, don't get to attached to eating though, teehee. Plus eating sponge cakes reduced people browsing our bread section, and we really want people checking out our bread section."
    Me : "Oh, great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It sounds to me like the pro-fliers don't even like WoW.

BTW I just timed it and it took just under 5 minutes to fly from very NW Townlong Steppes to Timeless Isle, and just under 7 minutes to take the flight path back. That's PLENTY quick. 7 minutes to travel across a CONTINENT. Not to mention the 15 minute hearth that would of brought you half way.

There's no argument when it comes to worrying about wasting time.
    If the Pro flyers don't like WoW, then WHAT THE HELL is the anti flyers excuse, with flying being in the game for 8 years and all.

And do you know what the difference is in that 5 min free flight and 7 min on rails event? You can stop, change your mind and do something else, harvest, pvp and engage with the world for the whole of that potential minimum 5 min travel time.

On the 7 min world removing commute back, you couldn't do ANY of that, you are TOTALLY removed from the world, with no hope of engaging it.

So much better..................................
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-07-04 at 09:42 PM.

First off, I wanna say. I have feedback on No Flight now that I have tried it.

The paths need to move faster, but they are very direct. That is pretty much the only complaint I have. I will say though, whoever is spreading bullshit about not being able to use any flying mounts on Draenor can stop, I can mount any of my mounts and use them, I just can't leave ground level.
    *golf clap*

Way to put an end to an argument that never existed. Well played.

If the Pro flyers don't like WoW, then WHAT THE HELL is the anti flyers excuse, with flying being in the game for 8 years and all.

And do you know what the difference is in that 5 min free flight and 7 min on rails event? You can stop, change your mind and do something else, harvest, pvp and engage with the world for the whole 5 min travel time.

On the 7 min ride back, you couldn't do ANY of that.

So much better..................................
    Anti flyers are still here because flying isn't gamebreaking either way(like pro flyers act like it is), that doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer the gameplay without flying mounts.

The 7 minutes was across the whole continent, which is rare that you have to go that far. You're average flight path time would be like 1-4 minutes. And that's also partly the point of no flying, you have to make decisions. Otherwise you are just manipulating the world, making it small and inconsequential. You actually have to think about what you're doing when you travel rather than just zoom across a whole continent like it's nothing. Also, IMO they should streamline flight paths AND let you dismount at any time you want. That would help a lot with what you're saying.

Also, IMO they should streamline flight paths AND let you dismount at any time you want. That would help a lot with what you're saying.
    Erm what? So why do you want flying to get removed if you want to introduce something similar?

Anti flyers are still here because flying isn't gamebreaking either way
    Sure you are. How long have you been in this thread again? Seems like an awful waste of time for something you don't supposedly really care either way. (and by you I mean the lot of you)
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-07-04 at 09:19 PM.

Anti flyers are still here because flying isn't gamebreaking either way(like pro flyers act like it is), that doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer the gameplay without flying mounts.

The 7 minutes was across the whole continent, which is rare that you have to go that far. You're average flight path time would be like 1-4 minutes. And that's also partly the point of no flying, you have to make decisions. Otherwise you are just manipulating the world, making it small and inconsequential. You actually have to think about what you're doing when you travel rather than just zoom across a whole continent like it's nothing. Also, IMO they should streamline flight paths AND let you dismount at any time you want. That would help a lot with what you're saying.
    (I dealt with your points in reverse order, just to break up the monotony of repeating myself)

If Blizz had shown any sign of allowing us to dismount from flight paths, then I would still be unhappy, but content, knowing I still had some choice when to exit the travel cut scene.

But they haven't. Flight paths are still the same "get me from a to b while I go piss" part of the game they always were.

It doesn't matter if it is 1 minute, 2 minutes or 7. For the amount of time I am on that flight path, I am removed from the game. Seeing as this is a very poor substitute for flying as means of travel at max level, I am going to keep complaining about it.

If it isn't game breaking, then why is there the need to remove it? How can it be both "not game breaking" but still warrant removing because it takes something from the game?
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-07-04 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    We have another one.. lol

Yah they are useable... you could actually drive a plane around on a highway to, but it isn't what they are fucking made for is it?

Seriously that is the dumbest argument for the limitation of flight " You can still use your flying mount on the ground"

Yes .. because a dragon hoping around on the ground like a chicken feels so fucking epic.

Please for the love of all that is holy come up with something better then that to justify the removal of flight.
    I've got one - its overpowered, and overpowered things get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    I've got one - its overpowered, and overpowered things get nerfed.
    WTF dude, didn't you try to use this pages ago?

IF something is overpowered, it indeed does get nerfed. Does it get removed wholesale from the game? Affliction Warlocks are overpowered, why are Blizz content to balance that overpowered part of the game, but not balance flying?

IF something is overpowered, it indeed does get nerfed. Does it get removed wholesale from the game? Affliction Warlocks are overpowered, why are Blizz content to balance that overpowered part of the game, but not balance flying?

"Could we design a world with no affliction warlocks that our players would enjoy? We think so
    ."

Deleted

Yes, overpowered things can and should be removed from the game if they cant be balanced. Perhaps Blizzard dosent think Warlocks are overpowered - take it up with them.

And thus ends the anti-flyer argument in a sentence. Subjective and ill-formed.