Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    At any rate... Just another nice reminder of what running around on the ground throughout WoD will be like occasionally.
    Condensed Jademist and Scuttler's Shell will work just fine in WoD.

Basically, you won't be in combat on the ground unless you want to be, or are too lazy to maintain a supply of doodads from Timeless Isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Condensed Jademist and Scuttler's Shell will work just fine in WoD.

Basically, you won't be in combat on the ground unless you want to be, or are too lazy to maintain a supply of doodads from Timeless Isle.
    Yes, making it mandatory to travel to another continent 10 levels removed to farm random mobs on a detached island sounds like a good and immersive gameplay experience.

While they're at it, they should add some mobs to silithus that we have to farm or else our ground mounts will refuse to let us ride them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The flying sky screamers on the timeless isle will follow you for a looooong time. Had one get on me in a world boss group after we had killed oondasta... it followed me out into the fatigue water, and was showing no signs of stopping until I used the Saylin war banner to escape.

At any rate... Just another nice reminder of what running around on the ground throughout WoD will be like occasionally.
    Wait a sec, I never knew this - Im guessing there will be flying available at 100, but ground mounts till then?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, making it mandatory to travel to another continent 10 levels removed to farm random mobs on a detached island sounds like a good and immersive gameplay experience.

While they're at it, they should add some mobs to silithus that we have to farm or else our ground mounts will refuse to let us ride them.
    It's not mandatory. That's beyond bad reasoning.

Or just play like everyone did all through 1.x and the beginning of every patch since. If something aggros you that you don't want to fight, run. Otherwise, kill it which grants XP and ticks you closer to level cap. Score. But don't whine about it. This game only gets easier and easier to level through, not the other way around. Never the other way around.

The time to whine is if lvl100 doesn't bring a return to flight. Nobody knows if that's going to happen and Blizzard can't be trusted to stick to whatever they say on the subject now, whether it's "yes" or "no".
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-05 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Wait a sec, I never knew this - Im guessing there will be flying available at 100, but ground mounts till then?
    Nope. No flying at all on Draenor until 6.1... and even then, Blizzard hasn't made up their mind on that. Might be glued to the ground for the entirety of WoD.

I can only imagine how many more charging yaungol-type adds they'll add to keep the world "adequately dangerous." Maybe they'll give them stealth detection and a ranged dismount ability so you "know you're enjoying it right."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Nope. No flying at all on Draenor until 6.1... and even then, Blizzard hasn't made up their mind on that. Might be glued to the ground for the entirety of WoD.

I can only imagine how many more charging yaungol-type adds they'll add to keep the world "adequately dangerous." Maybe they'll give them stealth detection and a ranged dismount ability so you "know you're enjoying it right."
    WAs their thought process behind it due to the bitching of "lol no exploration w/ fast flying mount"
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

I'm sure there will be similar items obtainable in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    WAs their thought process behind it due to the bitching of "lol no exploration w/ fast flying mount"
    The most viable conspiracy theory from the Whiners Gonna Whine camp is that it's for PvP application, that this expansion is Blizz putting (undo) focus on PvP somehow, the recent movement of respective Horde and Alliance hubs to a PvP area being at least circumstantial corroborating evidence. Of course, in reality, these could be entirely unrelated and all of it entirely unrelated to PvP and just their hamfisted attempt to artificially and arbitrarily throttle the hard-ons who rush through the leveling process, rush through all dungeon and every raid tier and then have the better part of a year until the next expansion comes out where they whine about nothing to do, because they're hard-ons with an over-inflated sense of entitlement.

No flight has no implications on the leveling process, since it's never been part of the leveling process and regardless of what Blizzard says now we won't really know what flight in WoD is really going to be. We've been told a lot of things over the years that they reversed themselves on, things they said would "never" happen in game for reasons of guiding principle or lore or fairness or whatever other complete bullshit rationalization they could come up with for why, only to reverse themselves once they figured out they could make money off doing it.

Truly worst case scenario, worse than not ever being able to fly at all through the entirety of WoD, will be if the ability were to show up in the online shop for purchase. Once you're at level cap you don't ever have to leave your hub unless you choose to do daily quests or farm. That word "immersive", used above, kinda went out the window a long time ago and now it's mostly used as a cop-out for why or why not something if you've got no better argument.

Honestly the only people I see this having any impact on at all are gatherers, which is still fine. I gathered my ass off the first 2-3 weeks of MoP on grounded toons. It was slower than flying but it was not a real impediment to gathering hundreds of stacks of herbs and ore. Just takes a little longer, is all.

However, no-flying WILL be a real impediment to bot gatherers.

Now, the amount of time it takes to get from point A to point B will increase, and traveling around WoW will still suck ass, but Blizzard hasn't made travel convenient since Wrath, so, what's new, really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, the amount of time it takes to get from point A to point B will increase, and traveling around WoW will still suck ass, but Blizzard hasn't made travel convenient since Wrath, so, what's new, really?
    ...Except we had flying mounts in Wrath. Before max level, even. And somehow the sky didn't collapse. In fact, Storm Peaks, one of the most well-received and lauded zones in the game, was completely impassable WITHOUT flying mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Something like that.

Also people saying stuff like "I don't like it when other people can fly because I don't want to! Obviously, the only solution is to disallow them from flying!"

It's like going to your internet provider and demand they take a faster connection speed package off the market because you can't afford it, but you don't want to feel like you aren't going as fast as possible.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Except we had flying mounts in Wrath. Before max level, even. And somehow the sky didn't collapse. In fact, Storm Peaks, one of the most well-received and lauded zones in the game, was completely impassable WITHOUT flying mounts.
    From lvl77 on, initially. Seven levels into the expansion and it was pretty much skippable during the leveling process to boot. Mixed messages? Regardless, I pretty much skipped this zone during leveling not because of flying but because it just wasn't as interesting as elsewhere and being afraid of mobs that can't kill me was never a factor because from Wrath forward there has been nothing actually dangerous out in the world and leveling has only gotten easier and easier.

I'm not against flying mounts, other than taking a certain amount of schadenfraude in all the tears of anticipation and second guessing the topic has caused.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-05 at 11:50 PM.

Ehhh, let's not hijack a thread about leashing into another flying thread.

As far as mobs crawling all over you goes, I don't think flying is or ever has been the answer to that.

I had flying during 5.0.x, along with everyone else, and with my non heroic raid geared toons it was ALWAYS a pain in the ass to do Golden Lotus dailies.

The problem with being pwnd by mobs in MoP has always been the huge gear differentials and the fact that in order for mobs to be even vaguely interesting to better geared toons they have to be so powerful that they absolutely crush everyone else. Hopefully WoD will see Blizzard back off that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh, let's not hijack a thread about leashing into another flying thread.
    Agreed. The basic explanation of the flying situation was made, let anyone interested in the subject look for appropriate threads to discuss this matter and find out more about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't any non-named mobs not on Timeless Isle that should be pwning lvl90s in readily available i496 or better gear. Besides the named rares there aren't any scary mobs in the rest of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    As ever, they will follow you if you keep hitting them to keep refreshing their interest. If you're doing any damage to them while they follow you, maybe even some kind of passive damage or pet that might be causing it?
    you know the yaungol down in that area past that gate near SPM? yeah well they will chase you for miles. no enemy interaction needed. i once brought them all over to the area near there with the mogu elites.

some mobs follow forever, but just kill them

10+ Year Old Account
    So back in WotLK or whatever, if you were to engage a mob and be like "wait, jk. I dont want to deal with you" you could run away, and you would eventually go out of combat because the mob would stop chasing you.

on two different times, I've had mobs chase me FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR longer than they should have, and its annoying, because I kind of just want to go out of combat and not spend 10 seconds trying to kill. So I spend 1 minute kiting them around Pandaria, an eventually kill them because I realize that they just dont go out of combat.

Is this a new thing with only Pandaria mobs? What the hell is up?
    they just want to be your friend.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

happened to me all through mop, specifically in VotFW and Dreadwastes

Maybe they're just fans of The Proclaimers?

It's a rare bug. It might of happened to me a few times, but I don't spend alot of time outside of instances for me to really notice/encounter it enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    There aren't any non-named mobs not on Timeless Isle that should be pwning lvl90s in readily available i496 or better gear. Besides the named rares there aren't any scary mobs in the rest of Pandaria.
    Back when MoP first came out, that wasn't as strictly the case. In particular... catch a bad side of those flaying mantis mobs on the north end of Dread wastes and it was GG.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Errrr DK's Spriests dont have a spell like that, do they?
    Fade+Spectral Guise.

You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff