Thread: 2H ENH shammy?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Basically what LeyrHao said:

Passive: The way of old:
    When weilding a two handed mace, axe or stave....
    -Your lava lash deals damage as if weilding an offhand weapon off the same item level
    -Both Enhanced Weapon and Unleash Elements effects are applied to your two-handed weapon
    -Your maelstrom weapon proc chance is increased by 60%. (up to number crunching, but with slower speed and half the attacks, we'll maybe need even more than that)
    -(only if weapons are still based (and set) on primary stats): Strenght on the weapon is converted into agility

Would there be anything else dw-specific?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Basically what LeyrHao said:

Passive: The way of old:
    When weilding a two handed mace, axe or stave....
    -Your lava lash deals damage as if weilding an offhand weapon off the same item level
    -Both Enhanced Weapon and Unleash Elements effects are applied to your two-handed weapon
    -Your maelstrom weapon proc chance is increased by 60%. (up to number crunching, but with slower speed and half the attacks, we'll maybe need even more than that)
    -(only if weapons are still based (and set) on primary stats): Strenght on the weapon is converted into agility

Would there be anything else dw-specific?
    I rather not have a spec have to be balanced for 2 different styles of fighting. Especially one thats been dead for years.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I rather not have a spec have to be balanced for 2 different styles of fighting. Especially one thats been dead for years.
    Well, dw wouldn't change, it'd be more of an adaptation of 2h. I wouldn't mind if the latter were a little weaker overall, but a little more bursty potential-wise either. After all 2h would be more of an additional option.

-Wf is now a raw weapon percentage (70%), so there's not really a difference, looking at how 2h trades fewer proc for more powerful ones
    -FT is the same, as it is based on weapon speed. Again, less hits, dealing more damage => balanced
    -SS with a 2h should deal about the same as with two 1h, of which one deals only 50% damage.
    -LL would be based on a 1h of the same ilvl => no difference at all towards dw
    -Auto attack I'm not sure, since we have two attacks that are faster as well, but I think a slow 2h would do about the same auto attack damage.
    -Shocks, Fire Nova, Totems as well as Unleash Elements remain the same
    -MSW spellswould be the only issue, imo. Hence my suggestion of increasing proc rate for a 2h, to bring LB/EB/CL damage up to par.

easy
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-07-05 at 02:51 PM.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although it would probably never happen, I would definitely love to see it. Frost DKs have the option to either dual wield or use a 2H, and WW/BrM Monks have the same option, so if it gets implemented in a way that makes sense, then I'm on board.
    Currently Procrastinating

@Omanley, what about that passive instead of increasing the chance to get Maelstrom stacks, it doubles the amount we get? So we get 2 stacks when it procs.

I think a passive like that would be just perfect and simple. Like said, overall damage would be about the same, with stronger WF, FT and SS, but fewer autoattacks. It evens out, imo.
    It doesn't require changes to DW to make it work, and creating that passive can't take more than hour as they already have those mechanics with DW.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    @Omanley, what about that passive instead of increasing the chance to get Maelstrom stacks, it doubles the amount we get? So we get 2 stacks when it procs.

I think a passive like that would be just perfect and simple. Like said, overall damage would be about the same, with stronger WF, FT and SS, but fewer autoattacks. It evens out, imo.
    It doesn't require changes to DW to make it work, and creating that passive can't take more than hour as they already have those mechanics with DW.
    The msw one would probably be bad, since it maxes out at five. You would end up at 2, then 4, then 5 (6) stacks, wasting one everytime. An increased proc chance would be better, imo.
    And stronger 2h imbues...I am not sure, 2h is slower, but wf/ft only proc of a single 1hander, so yes they'd be probably stronger, so either imbues would need to get readjusted damage-wise to balance it out again, or the simple equasion of 2h vs dw would be: 2h for imbue damage, 1h for more msw procs. Dont forget that dw has a high miss chance (16% I think), which cannot be reduced anymore.
    As you said though, balancing those numbers out is probably work for an hour or so.

Deleted
    I don't really play Enhance, I haven't done since Burning Crusade. I remember getting this from Sethekk Halls and being pretty hyped about using it, but it seems like in trying to resurrect the two-handed weapon viability, you're essentially trying to retain the mechanics of dual wielding weapons. So is this whole thing merely about additional customisation of the spec rather than creating a dynamic playstyle?

Other option is what's been suggested in this thread, a simple glyph that shows you're equiping a 2H you've got in your backpack, like glyph of the Felguard or the warrior's glyph whose name I can't remember. This option doesn't even need number tweaking. I'd be more than happy to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    So is this whole thing merely about additional customisation of the spec rather than creating a dynamic playstyle?
    That is correct. No rng-one shotting others with over the top wf procs or stuff like that. If 2h proved straight up superior, it would get rid of dw, so I wanted to preserve the playstyle entirely, and keep the difference between switching as small as possible, and the change between the two a mix of getting additional gear options (without swords, we are often left out as slow 1h melee), as well as having more transmog possibilities.

I'd love to see this again, not sure why they took out 2h enhance to begin with

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if only it was as simple as changing a those few things.

Sigh.

This is why devs cop so much flak. People have absolutely no idea about what happens in the background.

Deleted
    Well, it's time to fire up my Blizzard shrine again and start to pray for 2H-Enhancer Shaman..

Tbh, that's what im wishing for WoD, even the lore is fine with it, i mean take a look at Doomhammer it's a 2(i could be wrong here!) Hand weapon wield by a Shaman, if that's not a good time to bring in the 2-Hand pal, then i dont know either.

But meh, the Glyph seems fine for me too, just give me something to smash heads!

If tweaking a bit the numbers to make 2H viable is a pain (it isn't imo) I'd be more than pleased with a glyph to "transmog" our DW into a 2H.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Yeah if only it was as simple as changing a those few things.

Sigh.

This is why devs cop so much flak. People have absolutely no idea about what happens in the background.
    While I agree with you that most of the time it is more complex than most think, with the actual situation on beta, the only thing they would need to do is to allow Lava Lash with 2H weapons and the new Enhanced Weapons passive to work with 2H weapons too, all other spells already wotk with 2H weapons, after that, it's just number adjustments, with would happens anyway.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    While I agree with you that most of the time it is more complex than most think, with the actual situation on beta, the only thing they would need to do is to allow Lava Lash with 2H weapons and the new Enhanced Weapons passive to work with 2H weapons too, all other spells already wotk with 2H weapons, after that, it's just number adjustments, with would happens anyway.
    There are also very big loot consequences as well which a lot of people fail to think about, especially seeing as the agility table is already stretched fairly thin.

Giving us two handers is a quick ticket to pissing off Feral Druids.

There are also very big loot consequences as well which a lot of people fail to think about, especially seeing as the agility table is already stretched fairly thin.

Isn't that fixed with the removal of Primary stats on weapons?
    I'd love 2H Enhancement again and please add Polearms to the mix too then.

I miss the days of trotting around with Sulferas watching people cripple after a lucky RNG Windfury proc. Memorieeees.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
    Isn't that fixed with the removal of Primary stats on weapons?
    I'd love 2H Enhancement again and please add Polearms to the mix too then.
    Did they agree to remove the primary stats on weapons?
    I thought they said they were keeping those in still...I tweeted them at least 15 different reasons why keeping them on was a bad idea and I'd love to hear they are gone for good.

Now if only they allow shaman to wield swords...or put a whole heap load less swords in the game I'd be thrilled.
    I'd imagine a "Old School Orc" expansion to have a bunch of axes though...I can deal with that.

They're making sword and board a DPS spec for warriors, why not give us back 2h?

Yes because feral druids have sooooo much competitive :rollseyes:

We're pretty much the worst off among the agi users as it is:
    Monks can run both 1h and 2h at will
    Rogues have choice of every single slow weapon type AND don't need a slow weapon in offhand iirc, 2 of their specs can use daggers all to themselves
    Hunters have bows all to themselves
    Druids are only sharing with 2h monks (currently least played class at max level?)

Enhancement has no 'unique' weapon, can't use daggers, can't use 2 handers, and can't even use swords.

@Jayinjersey they said originally that weapons would have either attack or spell power on - meaning 2 handers could share across the board except caster staves. Not sure if this was ever implemented though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."