Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry "Dear Game Developers; Please Stop Making '[Insert Name] Simulators'!"

Title says it all.

/Discuss!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a better solution: don't buy them.

They can make whatever they want.

While I agree with Uoyredrum... A filter on Steam/whatever service you buy online from to get rid of DLCs and Indie games (also various genres: FPS, RPG, etc). So tired of 100+ special sales and 3/4 of them are either DLC or some Indie game that I have never heard of and have no interest in.

Why are you mad that someone is making something? At least they have the creative talent and drive to do something with their lives.

They make them because idiots/silly people buy them. Supply and demand.
    Mostly they're youtuber bait, though. They know their incredibly silly simulator will be played by some popular youtuber, more money.

So sadly, this simulator craze aint going away any time soon.

NOTE: I'm talking bout those stupid simulators like Goat Simulator or the upcoming Rock Simulator.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2014-07-06 at 08:00 PM.

Developers really are leaving no stone unturned. It'll be a while before they're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Look out world, this game is gonna rock your world! Don't take her for granite; shale be really gneiss. Probably.

Rock Simulator 2014:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=274135797

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Title says it all.

/Discuss!
    Please stop buying games you dont want.

It's sickening how people are supporting crap like this.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Ur just a h8er, don't buy them if you don't like em.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Why are you mad that someone is making something? At least they have the creative talent and drive to do something with their lives.
    I would agree with that, but then I realized how horrible AMVs are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    NOTE: I'm talking bout those stupid simulators like Goat Simulator or the upcoming Rock Simulator.
    Goat Simulator changed my life, I know know how if feels to be a goat with super strength and the ability to climb tall ladders!

10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely enough there is a demographic that likes these kinds of games, if they annoy you - stop buying them.

Deleted
    Mine would be "Horror games that purely exist for jump-scares that make youtubers and streamers fake-scream like little girls for hits".

I actually have a friend who has sunk hundreds of hours into farming simulator and it brings him a lot of entertainment. I don't get it, but each to their own!

Goat simulator was actually an extremely funny and good game. Don't buy games you don't want, it's honestly that simple; it doesn't hurt you in any way and if it does I simply think there's a problem with you.

I feel the same way about 1st person shooters like Call of Duty and also the Madden series yet I respect other people's decisions (and am not so self absorbed to think what i dislike=bad and shouldn't be made) and what they like so I don't make forum threads saying they should stop being made.

10+ Year Old Account
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Or you call it that only because it isn't what YOU want.
    Imagine that, other people find something you don't like interesting.
    Other people have different preferences.

Don't buy what you don't like, simple.
    Spend your money on what you like, they will be spending it on what they like.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I think 2D indie games are far worse. I mean I don't buy either kind but if anything should be banned, it's those boring indie games that try to capture the glory of 80s or whenever games like that were popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    I think 2D indie games are far worse. I mean I don't buy either kind but if anything should be banned, it's those boring indie games that try to capture the glory of 80s or whenever games like that were popular.
    Or they just don't appeal to you.
    Proof of where the problem lies, not wanting to accept that their preferences do not represent everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    hey, it has OR support!
    Must get it nau!
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2014-07-06 at 08:37 PM.