Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Still crossing my fingers for a slider bar that would enable me to customize the darkness/weather. I'd tune it right back into vanilla times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    But then you'd see nothing while flying....
    Ahem, torches!

The night is not dark enough in those screenshots. Still looks like dusk/evening/sunset.

I hope they get a little darker than that, or those dusk screen shots? And I hope it applies to all of WoW zones, not just Draneor. I really hope it hits wrath zones, because its mostly daylight 24/7 in the zones there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    The night is not dark enough in those screenshots. Still looks like dusk/evening/sunset.
    I concur, unless those are dusk shots. Final Fantasy 14 has the night time done right. Should be like that.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Those have not been touched. MMO-champ did a day/night comparison of those zones -today-, the solution mentioned on the tweet clearly states it's not done yet.

i'd prefer something like this:
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

It's really funny that "dark nights", a feature literally from Vanilla that was only removed because Blizzard borked the lighting up, is now a touted feature of a new WoW expansion a decade later.

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    makes me want night elf males sooner so we can give them feed back aghhh
    Yeah I notice he didn't mention them

I'm also really curious for Tauren female.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    It's really funny that "dark nights", a feature literally from Vanilla that was only removed because Blizzard borked the lighting up, is now a touted feature of a new WoW expansion a decade later.
    Well, it' not like a feature they are going to put on the box. People are asking about it and so they are responding. There's really nothing more to it.

They even said it was because lots of people only play at night, and they argue they can't see what they are doing, so the brightened the world up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a touted feature. Not everything they add or change is a touted feature, I do hope you understand this.

Those screenshots look gorgeous, night or not.

But removing choice from Druid travel form is an incredibly stupid idea. If I want to run around as a stag in Teldrassil or any other place where flight is possible, I better be able to without having to use one of the (already all accounted for) minor glyph slots.

Really, this might sound overdramatic, but this line of thought on side of the developers is slowly ruining the game, in my opinion. Stuff getting more and more and more streamlined is NOT always good. Next thing we'll all play WoW on console, or what? Things are more a lot more fun when players can be free and creative and have choice. Telling Druids "No, I'm sure you don't want to use stag form in a place where it's not 100% most effective" is really bad. Taking choice away from the player, for no good reason at all.
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-07-07 at 12:02 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    One tweet about it and it's a touted feature? Seriously..

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude why are this guys so angry at face designers. I have been an undead for all I can remember and one of my characters has the similar face, except without forehead markings. That new face looks freakin spot-on. I really like it. Any more resembling and they will have to just give us the old face with low polygons.

Would prefer darker nights. MUCH darker than what we have, not kiddy safe-mode invisible sun in the ski shadows-at-night nights. There's a reason Duskwood isn't half as atmospheric as we remember it to be when the nights were actually dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    It's not a touted feature. Not everything they add or change is a touted feature, I do hope you understand this.
    Well they may tout it at this coming Blizzcon, but for now yes it's not a touted feature for WoD

Any word if blizz will allow the millions of us with existing high/max level characters a 1-time free recustomization of our characters?

And yes, I did do a quick search and didn't find anything definitive...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer a bit darker, honestly. But it's an amazing step forward, and at the end of the day it is an improvement so I'm happy; I've been wanting some actual night time for so long now. Would be neat to have some lighting effects updated too.

the character model complaints before stuff is done is getting really old. just like "no flying" and the city hubs. Blizzard stop addressing these issues please, don't waste your time with these people.

I hope you guys understand they don't want to make nights too dark because some people don't like it extremely dark. The screenshots shown are perfect, but any darker would be hard on some player's eyes. It's bad design to make the game hard to play for some people for half of the day. Some of the altered screenshots shown are ridiculous. This isn't some single player action RPG where you can go to sleep and wake up later. I love a realistic atmosphere, but I don't want to get home and strain to see my quest objectives, or anything for that matter.

Might be just me, but I hate doing things in games like Skyrim during the night. I love how it looks, and I appreciate the effort put into the night sky, and stuff... but I feel I can't realistically do anything outside at night. Might just be my bad eyes... Dunno.