10+ Year Old Account

Leveling a DK, death runes reverting back to frost.

So as I use 2 festering strikes to get my death runes, as I start the blood boil train sometimes as soon as one or two of frost (as death) runes hit their CD they revert back to frost.

Shouldn't they stay as death for a fixed time after combat? -removed, see edit2-. And I'm 100% sure my blood boil hits an enemy.

EDIT: Unholy DK obviously.
    EDIT2: Happened in combat, what's going on? Really annoying
    Last edited by Deztru; 2014-07-05 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to vary. Sometimes they stay as death, sometimes they immediately reverse. Dunno what causes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    It seems to vary. Sometimes they stay as death, sometimes they immediately reverse. Dunno what causes it.
    It has to be a bug, completely random runes can't be intended.

I really wish UH had any use for solely frost runes :/

Deleted
    Could it be a UI bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingzor View Post
    Could it be a UI bug?
    No even though I use IceHUD for my runes. I cannot use the reverted runes as deaths.
    Last edited by Deztru; 2014-07-06 at 11:10 PM.

It's a bug that's all we can say. Might have to do with where you're leveling, the mobs you're facing, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    So as I use 2 festering strikes to get my death runes, as I start the blood boil train sometimes as soon as one or two of frost (as death) runes hit their CD they revert back to frost.

Shouldn't they stay as death for a fixed time after combat? -removed, see edit2-. And I'm 100% sure my blood boil hits an enemy.

EDIT: Unholy DK obviously.
    EDIT2: Happened in combat, what's going on? Really annoying
    You're not imagining things.

This is indeed a recorded bug, and here's how it works: Using Blood Runes (and I mean Blood Runes, not DeathBlood Runes) can sometimes result in DeathFrost runes returning as Frost Runes despite being used by abilities such as Blood Boil.

It's extremely annoying and something they were unable to fix in MoP. Hopefully 6.0 addresses it.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    You're not imagining things.

This is indeed a recorded bug, and here's how it works: Using Blood Runes (and I mean Blood Runes, not DeathBlood Runes) can sometimes result in DeathFrost runes returning as Frost Runes despite being used by abilities such as Blood Boil.

It's extremely annoying and something they were unable to fix in MoP. Hopefully 6.0 addresses it.
    Weird but I've never noticed that on my 90. However, using Deathblood runes on Icy Touch, I can confirm is bugged. The used rune starts converting to blood while one of your unholy runes immediately get converted to Death.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Weird but I've never noticed that on my 90. However, using Deathblood runes on Icy Touch, I can confirm is bugged. The used rune starts converting to blood while one of your unholy runes immediately get converted to Death.
    Yes, but this makes it possible to have all 6 runes as death runes. Pretty funny for arena.