Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    Deleted

not enough resources for new mounts :D

I laughed pretty hard

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/483640743076966400

*looks at fucking mount shop*

edit: since the almighty holinka actually deleted his tweet, here the link to the comment with the original tweet:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post28099102

edit2: also, here his response before(?) above tweet was deleted:
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/486510095719604225

edit3: Yay! Reddit- MMO-Champ-Army literally saving eSports WoW! :
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/486581329257955328
    Last edited by mmoc4b8d679785; 2014-07-08 at 07:33 PM.

They really don't help themselves at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Personally I see the difference between a shop mount and a request for pvp mounts every season.
    But hey, that's just me.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

That kind of attitude Blizzard is losing you subs. What a terrible company.

Yes, let's look at the cash shop shall we?
    Let's see... A Warlord's of Draenor mob in armour, a metal horse, and another Warlords of Draenor mob, with a skull pasted over his face.
    Hmm yes, definitely looks like they are spending a lot of time making these totally new resources, hmm, yes, indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    It's really just another example of lack of priority and resource management from Blizzard. And it's perfectly okay under the ideals of capitalism in the MMO market. "Why make something really cool free in game, when we can charge an extra hyper ultra deluxe premium fee to get our hundredth yacht?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Personally I see the difference between a shop mount and a request for pvp mounts every season.
    But hey, that's just me.
    Which is about the same difference between pve achievement mounts every tier patch and pvp mounts for every season.
    But hey, I only play PvE in a game catered toward PvE play.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yes, let's look at the cash shop shall we?
    Let's see... A Warlord's of Draenor mob in armour, a metal horse, and another Warlords of Draenor mob, with a skull pasted over his face.
    Hmm yes, definitely looks like they are spending a lot of time making these totally new resources, hmm, yes, indeed.
    So what you're saying is that not only are they asking for money for these mounts but they are, also, poor quality?

This is where Blizzard annoys me. I mean really, that comment was just sad when they are tossing more and more mounts up into the cash shop. Just another example of how they need to spend less time on chase shop bs and more on in game stuff we can even earn. Its just bs that people have made it come to this. They certainly wouldn't be making shop mounts if people weren't buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Which is about the same difference between pve achievement mounts every tier patch and pvp mounts for every season.
    But hey, I only play PvE in a game catered toward PvE play.
    PvE mounts are usually similarly, just rearmoured (sometimes not even that) versions of models that were added for that raid.
    It would make some amount of sense for the PvP mount to just be a recoloured version though, there was a green firehawk that never actually became obtainable for example.

Don't be such a greedy costumer geez. Blizzard is a business and wants to make as much money as possible as cheaply as possible.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the deal with PvP mounts, I suppose I missed something..

I assumed that someone spent 30 seconds every PvP season to make the new mounts, they just pulled up a color picker and picked a terrible color; probably some saving and deploying of assets somewhere, but that's probably all fairly automated.

Meh, their priority is to make money, so they'd rather put "resources" into cash mounts, than put "resources" into free pve/pvp mounts, makes sense from a business standpoint, but the comment does make me laugh a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can go fuck your resources. THat excuse is inapplicable.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Meh, their priority is to make money, so they'd rather put "resources" into cash mounts, than put "resources" into free pve/pvp mounts, makes sense from a business standpoint, but the comment does make me laugh a little.
    I suggest that as part of their pursuit of profit at all costs they sell Holinka's computer, phone or anything he can use to access twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Well they will be making less money when people tired of this shit start to catch up!
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Seriously, what is going on at Blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    PvE mounts are usually similarly, just rearmoured (sometimes not even that) versions of models that were added for that raid.
    It would make some amount of sense for the PvP mount to just be a recoloured version though, there was a green firehawk that never actually became obtainable for example.
    On top of that, the 4 racial mounts that require extensive rbg/arena play are retextures of models already used heavily (the human horse, the darnassian panther, the forsaken one... the other horde one don't hate me I don't look at these vendors often.)

Edit: I decided to wowhead it, it's a wolf, don't hate me. Apparently they are all Vicious. Extremely Vicious. I bet Ray D. Tear fought bravely to bring just those four pvp mounts in before dying a heroes death.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2014-07-08 at 09:17 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

it is getting better and better, really.
    And I agree, why put valuable resources on free obtainable goods?
    They are better spend on goods which bring in money. Nothing surprising here. ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    Seriously, what is going on at Blizzard?
    They lack resources.
    Don't you read their tweets, duh!

10+ Year Old Account
    this blizzard comment has me laughing. my sides hurt.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.