Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    I find that energy regen is so slow on my Feral due to stacking Mastery for better bleeds, as opposed to my WW Monk that aims for highish haste, so I'm not a huge fan of SR.
    Our energy regeneration is pretty much normalized. You need so much haste to increase it that it's really not viable to stack haste. Stacking mastery has very little to do with our slow regeneration. Pooling energy is required in the rotation for a reason-we aren't a spammy monk.

Deleted
    Not quite sure why people play feral when they seem to just want to change what makes it different from monks and rogues.

Savage Roar, especially with the glyph, is one of the easier buffs to keep up. It makes gameplay and feral FUN because you have to time your energy regen and combo points for it. Don't like it? Pick Savagery and stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahalek View Post
    Not quite sure why people play feral when they seem to just want to change what makes it different from monks and rogues.

Savage Roar, especially with the glyph, is one of the easier buffs to keep up. It makes gameplay and feral FUN because you have to time your energy regen and combo points for it. Don't like it? Pick Savagery and stop crying.
    Sorry, but this is wrong, I played from TBC onward, Savage Roar was hated ever since it was created in even beta. Druids stated repeatedly we hated it and it was clunky and sucked. They ignored us (like they love to do) and released it anyways except it was even more fucked up then it is now. When it first came out it was considered an enrage and any with a sooth could dispel it which was a 40% DPS cut across the board against Rogues, Hunters, other druids, and the rest.

Then they actually made it less crap in Cata when it only affected white hits so it wasn't such a problem only to fuck it up all over again in MoP.

They didn't want it, not because they wanted to be more like them, they didn't want it because it sucks from the drawing board implementation to execution. Hell, even in WoD, they still aren't doing it right, they are applying a band-aid talent.

Everyone to some extent has expressed their opinions on Savage Roar. Love it, hate it its here and we already know the changes for the future. If you hate it, take the talent in WoD and move on. Could a mod close this before the comments get out of hand?

I just want the current SR glyph (that makes it possible to use a 0 cp roar for 12s) to be baseline and I'd be incredibly happy.

I liked it better in Cata when SR was auto attack damage, it was still something you wanted to keep up all the time but it wasn't as silly/boring as 40% of all damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by albinm View Post
    my main is a rogue too and i dont agree. sure, back in the low 500s ilvl it was a bit slow, but after that its fine, in my opinion.

dont get why you say you're a rogue, the class most similar to feral ever. if snd isnt a problem, why is savage roar?

besides, once you get your rune on your feral, you'll have at LEAST 10k haste, which is plenty enough energy regen.
    The similarity is exactly why I said I was Rogue, because one feels smooth to me and the other doesn't despite being so similar. Last time I tried feral was at the low 500s, which is probably why it was an issue. It still feels off to me, something about the energy generation of feral.

Lets introduce smthing new:

Savage Revealing Debuff (Name not fixed)
    25 Energy
    Instant
    Finishing move that deals 4 damage and exposes the target's vulnerabilities, increasing the physical damage taken by 40%.
    Only effective in Cat Form. Lasts longer per combo point:
    0 points: 12 seconds
    1 point : 18 seconds
    2 points: 24 seconds
    3 points: 30 seconds
    4 points: 36 seconds
    5 points: 42 seconds

New, balanced vs single target and even worse for target swapping

SR is fine. Just deal with it.

Sorry Gumus, it isn't fine and your attempt to polish that turd with your suggestion still doesn't change the fact it is a turd.

Savage Roar would be been much better as just a melee haste buff instead. It would still be needed for optimum DPS but wouldn't be so brutal to have it fall off like it is now.

Hell, if they really want to put some ramp up to our DPS, then just allow rake to stack up to 5 times and allow Savage Roar to instantly apply stacks equal to the number of combo points you used allowing for quicker target swaps since next expansion the combo points are stored on the player.

Deleted
    How is Savage Roar just affecting auto attacks or just being a small boost any different? You still wanna keep a 100% uptime on it - which is same as today. Just don't let it drop and if you do you need to improve your ways of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Hell, if they really want to put some ramp up to our DPS, then just allow rake to stack up to 5 times and allow Savage Roar to instantly apply stacks equal to the number of combo points you used allowing for quicker target swaps since next expansion the combo points are stored on the player.
    Don't think it's about ramp up, they reworked glyph of savage roar, so basically when you start a fight in prowl you'll get a 5 point savage roar buff.

Rogues have it so much better with SnD.

Especially sub, with their cool energy regen on SnD perk.

I would rather our damage % + would be put on our bleeds like sub rogues and Sanguinary Vein and SR turned into something cooler, it's not like we ever don't have a bleed on our targets anyways, be it aoe or single target or swaps.

Here let me try, new and improved super exiting savage roar, fun buffed by aprox. 500%

Nom nom nom (name placeholder again)
    121 Energy
    10 second cast.
    Finishing move that magically applies rip, rake, thrash, main, spits on the target, teleports user to the target location, enables cat form flight mode, liberates France and exposes the target's vulnerabilities, increasing the frost damage taken by 278.93%.
    Only effective in Cat Form, Travel Form and Imaginationland. Lasts longer per combo point:
    0 points: 0.5 seconds
    1 point : 340 seconds
    2 points: 40 seconds
    3 points: 580 seconds
    4 points: 982 seconds
    5 points: 140 seconds
    Upon activation fireworks and loud purring is clearly audible.

How is Savage Roar just affecting auto attacks or just being a small boost any different? You still wanna keep a 100% uptime on it - which is same as today. Just don't let it drop and if you do you need to improve your ways of playing.

Don't think it's about ramp up, they reworked glyph of savage roar, so basically when you start a fight in prowl you'll get a 5 point savage roar buff.
    It needs to be a small boost, not some giant chasm like it is where it is required in PvP that way you can actually take a small DPS hit when you need to. In Cata they at least had it in a decent spot where it wasn't near as bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    How have druids fallen this far? Up until at least mid-Cata this forum community was proud to have one of the most complex "rotations" in game, it traces a line between the bad players, the good players and the fantastic players. I can't believe I'm seeing people complaining that Feral rotation is too hard or something like SR is pointless or, worse, too hard to keep up.
    Seriously guys, get a grip. Damage tuning is one thing, complaining about the mechanical design is another. Ferals are among the few that mantain depth and complexity to this day, please keep it that way.

As a side note since I also play a paladin: removing Inquisition was a stupid move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    How have druids fallen this far? Up until at least mid-Cata this forum community was proud to have one of the most complex "rotations" in game, it traces a line between the bad players, the good players and the fantastic players. I can't believe I'm seeing people complaining that Feral rotation is too hard or something like SR is pointless or, worse, too hard to keep up.
    Seriously guys, get a grip. Damage tuning is one thing, complaining about the mechanical design is another. Ferals are among the few that mantain depth and complexity to this day, please keep it that way.

As a side note since I also play a paladin: removing Inquisition was a stupid move.
    I don't see how making something more interesting = making it easier.

40% damage is just plain boring, Inquisition was more interesting, Holy damage AND 10% crit chance buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Here let me try, new and improved super exiting savage roar, fun buffed by aprox. 500%

Nom nom nom (name placeholder again)
    121 Energy
    10 second cast.
    Finishing move that magically applies rip, rake, thrash, main, spits on the target, teleports user to the target location, enables cat form flight mode, liberates France and exposes the target's vulnerabilities, increasing the frost damage taken by 278.93%.
    Only effective in Cat Form, Travel Form and Imaginationland. Lasts longer per combo point:
    0 points: 0.5 seconds
    1 point : 340 seconds
    2 points: 40 seconds
    3 points: 580 seconds
    4 points: 982 seconds
    5 points: 140 seconds
    Upon activation fireworks and loud purring is clearly audible.
    I would reroll feral right this second. Tho I think 10sec cast time is too punishing. Make it 9.976845 sec and I'm in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post

40% damage is just plain boring, Inquisition was more interesting, Holy damage AND 10% crit chance buff.
    If you read most of these post, most of it is complaints that it's to punishing. A lot of them prefered the Cata version that only effected white hits so you could actually ignore it until bloodlust without missing much. Adding 10% crit to it would just make it even more punishing to not keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    It needs to be a small boost, not some giant chasm like it is where it is required in PvP that way you can actually take a small DPS hit when you need to. In Cata they at least had it in a decent spot where it wasn't near as bad.
    I haven't pvp that much but I can't understand when it would be required to drop savage roar because you "need to" do something else. Sure, HotW healing, maybe cycloning but neither of them require you to have the savage roar buff up. Back to dpsing from cycloning, your savage roar or your combo points shouldn't have dropped from the target. Still goes fast to get it up again, since you can do it with one combo point.

Otherwise, just keep a 100% uptime on the buff. It's not that hard.

Doubt you'll notice a gameplay difference between 40% more damage and more damage AND 10% crit chance.

15+ Year Old Account

More interesting is not what is being proposed here, that's the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I haven't pvp that much but I can't understand when it would be required to drop savage roar because you "need to" do something else. Sure, HotW healing, maybe cycloning but neither of them require you to have the savage roar buff up. Back to dpsing from cycloning, your savage roar or your combo points shouldn't have dropped from the target. Still goes fast to get it up again, since you can do it with one combo point.

Otherwise, just keep a 100% uptime on the buff. It's not that hard.
    The buff isn't that hard to deal with in PvE, totally different world in PvP.

In PvP, you actually have to use your combo points for other things such as using Maim or trying to keep Rip up as that is a good deal of our DPS. Having to waste energy and combo points every few seconds to reapply it, especially when you are also not in 100% constant contact with them, is a huge deal.

Savage Roar should be something that is needed to maximize DPS, but it shouldn't be a huge, punishing, thing when you don't have it. That is why it was a million times better in Cata when it didn't kill us so bad without it in PvP. Unlike Rogues, druids don't swim in combo points with a great deal of their damage being passive.

The buff isn't that hard to deal with in PvE, totally different world in PvP.

In PvP, you actually have to use your combo points for other things such as using Maim or trying to keep Rip up as that is a good deal of our DPS. Having to waste energy and combo points every few seconds to reapply it, especially when you are also not in 100% constant contact with them, is a huge deal.

Savage Roar should be something that is needed to maximize DPS, but it shouldn't be a huge, punishing, thing when you don't have it. That is why it was a million times better in Cata when it didn't kill us so bad without it in PvP. Unlike Rogues, druids don't swim in combo points with a great deal of their damage being passive.
    Honestly, that's something that can be fixed with PvP set bonuses, no need to screw over PvE just because of PvP, like always.
    in addition to the ravage set 4: "When out of cat form, savage roar duration is paused, and resumed once caster enters cat form again"
    in addition to the ravage set 4: "Savage roar cost reduced by 25 energy"
    in addition to the ravage set 4: "Ravage now instantly casts a savage roar equivalent to 3cp"

so many options.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2014-07-09 at 05:06 PM.