Page 1 of 2
LastLast

VP buff already gone??

.. So its not even been a week and its already gone? At least not showing up on Grim'batol EU. Whats up with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was only for a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It was only for a weekend.
    Are you kidding? It was that useless? I was sure they said a week. omg.

I'm guessing from here on till WOD, either this buff or the other one will be on every weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was active for Independence Day. Something 99% of the world don't even celebrate, and it landed on EU servers before US. It all seemed a little random.

Oh, that and it landing 2 days after most people wanting VP would have capped >.>

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    I'm guessing from here on till WOD, either this buff or the other one will be on every weekend.
    They should both just be put up permanently until WoD. Or remove the vp weekly cap.

the 3000 coin tokens were giving me 250 valor, I capped on 6 toons lmao.

They should increase the weekly maximum by 100% rather than giving us 100% more valor...

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The first valor buff also only lasted a weekend, did it not?

Wouldn't call it useless, I also capped several toons very fast with the 100% bonus stacked on the 50% bonus.
    No, the first one was for a full week. As was the sigils/tokens one. A weekend is stupid. Most people just missed it. Useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    They should increase the weekly maximum by 100% rather than giving us 100% more valor...
    Yeah that would've been better. The current vp cap, especially the weekly one, is just a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    Well you're sure wrong. It clearly said WEEKEND.

And that's more than enough time to cap a handful of toons, especially if you already have one that is capped (the buffs stack, I was getting 300+ VP for HScen). I capped four characters between saturday and sunday.

So its no one's fault but yours that you didn't make the most of it.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2014-07-08 at 07:31 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Well you're sure wrong. It clearly said WEEKEND.

And that's more than enough time to cap a handful of toons, especially if you already have one that is capped (the buffs stack, I was getting 300+ VP for HScen). I capped four characters between saturday and sunday.

So its no one's fault but yours that you didn't make the most of it.
    Well its a pathetic attempt of an excuse that they make it so useless. It should be a permanent buff, not something up just 48h which you are bound to miss. Also, i have vp cap on my mage on main realm, i still don thave the +50% so thats been broken for a while aswell.

It wasn't useless. It was 100% more valor all weekend. If it was useless it wouldn't have done anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It wasn't useless. It was 100% more valor all weekend. If it was useless it wouldn't have done anything.
    1 weekend = useless

1 week = barely useful

It was a very nice buff: thanks to it, my dad finally got his first Legendary cloak. If the buffs had never come along, he'd probably would've never done the questline. Thank you Blizzard!

Deleted
    It's a nice buff, but it's not that great. VP is fast enough to cap without it, so not worth moaning about.

Makes me wonder... Is Gaze comming back on a weekend too? Now I won't dare to do the quest on my alts unless it's a weekend.
    They should just announce this beforehand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it becomes a scheduled thing for the rest of MoP (every other weekend or something), I would personally prefer for there to be nothing. It is, in all-honesty, kind of a slap in a face. From a business perspective, I can see the usefulness of the buff for Asian realms, as they pay for minutes, and the buff would encourage players to pay more to play during the buff, but for everything else? This buff isn't going to increase subscription numbers at all, it will simple make the game slightly less grindy for a little bit- The valor buff reduces an hour grind down to 30 mins, and the Black Prince buff is basically next-to-useless. Rep is extremely easy to get (reduces a 30 min grind to 15 mins), and during the event, I only got 4 runestones, the guaranteed ones from Lei Shen and Sha of Pride. If it made the drops 100%, then sure, it would be useful, but I just don't see the purpose of them being temporary buffs. Both of those should simply be permanent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, because you weren't around for it, or didn't monopolize it, it was useless to everyone?

Personally I capped all my characters (7) in a matter of hours because of it. I didn't need all weekend.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    Makes me wonder... Is Gaze comming back on a weekend too? Now I won't dare to do the quest on my alts unless it's a weekend.
    They should just announce this beforehand!
    Dont count on it.

Or maybe, its up for 15 minutes tomorrow, or some shit like that?

HURRRRRR DUURRRRRRRR YOU CAN FINISH A HC SC IN 15 MIN SO ITS NP

15+ Year Old Account
    Well its a pathetic attempt of an excuse that they make it so useless. It should be a permanent buff, not something up just 48h which you are bound to miss. Also, i have vp cap on my mage on main realm, i still don thave the +50% so thats been broken for a while aswell.
    You could be capped doing heroic scenarios with the time you've wasted in this thread.