Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb If you Could Change your Faction City...

What would you change? Add? Remove?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personally, I'd add more mesas to Thunder Bluff, at differing elevations to give a sense of a vertical city. And not just mesas at the same height: I'd add them in tiers of different heights. Around the central bluff, there are already three tiers of bluffs. I'd add a fourth tier, and adjust the altitudes of each of the existing tier: The tier where Baine resides would stand at give or take 700ft above sea level, the crafting district about 600ft up, the lake about 500ft, and the fourth tier (A residential district) would be about 450-500 ft above. Each cliff on the central mesa would be accessible by the central totem lift. In addition, I'd change the central totem lift so it would also be larger and server a garrison tower (considering it contains the landing site for the wyvern's and can see the land in Mulgore the best). Also, there would be outcropping steps on the sides of each bluff leading down/up to the next tier. Finally, there would be a few caves on the interior of the main bluff that could serve as a shelter or black market of some sort. (The bridges to the spirit rise would be on the first and second tier, the bridges to the Hunter's rise on the second and third tiers, and the bridge to the Elder rise would be on the third tier).

The side buffs should be lowered to be about the same height as the second tier on the main bluff, divided into two tiers, and each get a cave.

Finally, I think the airship dock should moved to the main bluff; in between the chasm of the Spirit Rise and the main bluff at the third tier. Or, alternatively, it could become apart of the main totem lift in the center of the tent city. (Also, I'd add rivers flowing through the chasms in between the mesas).

The lake in the middle could have waterfalls pouring into it from the two higher up tiers.

Your thoughts?

Make karabor/bladespire our capitals again jk jk i would probably fix stormwind cause that park i loved that park

I'd restore West Silvermoon and add it to the capital like in the early alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make Orgrimmar more "rounded". Right now it seems as if there are a few central "hubs" connected by narrow passageways, and a good chunk of the city is actually just rock and cliff walls. The Horde has already built an entire city there, why not carve out and demolish more of the rock to make it things more accessible? The central "hang-out spot", the main area in front of the throne room/main AH, feels rather boring.

Deleted
    I'm actualy really, really happy with Stormwind with the exeption of the former Park district being a ruin. If that is turned into ANYTHING other than a broken down cliff, I'd have nothing more I could want. I mean, with the absolutely stunning and beautiful cemetary, the free farmland behind the dwarven district and the amazing harbor comming together around five (potentially six) diverse but unified city districts to form one diverse yet encouragingly combined structural city it's just amazing to me. I've always loved Stormwind alot and it's gotten better and better. Now we just need that last sixth district to be rebuilt and I won't have a single complaint about Stormwind. For all I care, they could add a marketplace, a gilnean inspired quarter, a new elven inspired quarter, a pandaren inspired quarter or heck, pretty much anything and I'd take it over that gaping wound and be happy. Fucks sake, build a damn orcish embassy with sanctuary where hordes can walk around and go "Lawl I am in ur city brah" and I would'nt give a fuck as long as there's SOMETHING there xD.

Deleted
    I'd also like to have the park back *cry*
    It's a shame that it's still in ruins, really. I agree to Kasperio for just putting ANYTHING there, I don't care a lot what it is, though I'd be really happy to have my park back. Coming from an RP realm, it took our regular meeting point and replaced it with a (still) burning cliff and some rubbish

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Rebuild Silvermoon ... seriously, there is no reason for there to be any wretched left there given the number of Blood Elf players.

Deleted
    I'd build an Overcity over Undercity. You know, out with the old, in with the new.
    Throw a couple of skyscrapers, establish a business and financial district, open a Starbucks, that sort of thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd bring back Ironforge and destroy Stormwind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkside of the rock, at the bottom of your garden
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    I'd build an Overcity over Undercity. You know, out with the old, in with the new.
    Throw a couple of skyscrapers, establish a business and financial district, open a Starbucks, that sort of thing...
    Want a cup of decaf toxic waste with your severed arm sir?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranualf View Post
    Want a cup of decaf toxic waste with your severed arm sir?
    Regular, if you have, please.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd give SM the revamp is deserves. Stormwind's little fire can wait another 8 years. Tired of seeing people talk about it. Do you just go to the garden and stand in the fire all day? No, you afk in the inn or by the AH.

Deleted
    Move Lothar's statue from the Burning Steppes and put it in the Keep courtyard.

Side note: Varian gets a lot of flak for his statue being built, but what about Tirion? He has one in Dalaran, one in Hearthglen, and another in Light's Hope. And the one in Dalaran shows you a cinematic of Bolvar telling Tirion not to tell anyone what happened in the cinematic. Oh Tirion, you and your statues...

I'd just change it so there is no one "faction city" for my faction. I'm sick of Orcs/Humans and Stormwind/Orgrimmar. Just put the xmog/void storage vendors and portal rooms in every major city and be done with it. I also think it'd be cool if you had some incentive to hang out in your race's main city. Like a race-specific daily quest that you can do to get a buff or something.

As a Dwarf player, I would much rather hang out in Ironforge, and I still do unless I have to visit SW for a transmog/reforging.

The only thing I'd do for Stormwind is fix the damn park. It's just been a smoking crater for like 4 years now. We're in a world where resurrection of the dead, teleportation, lightning bolts that can shoot out of a shaman's ass, fish men that can talk, and food that can be conjured out of thin air are common things. But it's impossible to fix the park?
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-07-10 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destroy all capital cities and make Ironforge the main city.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What would you change? Add? Remove?

Personally, I'd add more mesas to Thunder Bluff, at differing elevations to give a sense of a vertical city. And not just mesas at the same height: I'd add them in tiers of different heights. Around the central bluff, there are already three tiers of bluffs. I'd add a fourth tier, and adjust the altitudes of each of the existing tier: The tier where Baine resides would stand at give or take 700ft above sea level, the crafting district about 600ft up, the lake about 500ft, and the fourth tier (A residential district) would be about 450-500 ft above. Each cliff on the central mesa would be accessible by the central totem lift. In addition, I'd change the central totem lift so it would also be larger and server a garrison tower (considering it contains the landing site for the wyvern's and can see the land in Mulgore the best). Also, there would be outcropping steps on the sides of each bluff leading down/up to the next tier. Finally, there would be a few caves on the interior of the main bluff that could serve as a shelter or black market of some sort. (The bridges to the spirit rise would be on the first and second tier, the bridges to the Hunter's rise on the second and third tiers, and the bridge to the Elder rise would be on the third tier).

The side buffs should be lowered to be about the same height as the second tier on the main bluff, divided into two tiers, and each get a cave.

Finally, I think the airship dock should moved to the main bluff; in between the chasm of the Spirit Rise and the main bluff at the third tier. Or, alternatively, it could become apart of the main totem lift in the center of the tent city. (Also, I'd add rivers flowing through the chasms in between the mesas).

The lake in the middle could have waterfalls pouring into it from the two higher up tiers.

Your thoughts?
    You'd really prefer that over more mailboxes?

I'd like to see a flying Draenei spaceship city called Mount Olympus

At any rate, I think it's time to move on from Stormwind. After all these years, forcing people to stay there just makes the game feel old. CRZ is supposed to keep the old zones filled. Maybe it's time for players to see something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Stormwind is perfect aside from the damage, that's all I would have changed.

For horde:

Flesh out Silvermoon, rebuild the west side, add all the new services there ex. trasmog, void storage, item upgrade and all that jazz.
    I think id keep it non-flying ( so it would ruin the immersion and epicness ) and make most buildings have several levels, so it wouldn't look like it does now ( only one-2 levels and the rest of the building is nothing. make some more HD textures. basically populate it more

For Alliance:

Ironforge. New HD textures, also add new services, expand the whole city ( including Old Ironforge ). make it so that all the houses with windows sticking out of the mountain would have something inside them... not just for looks. Add a legit tunnel to the "airport" where the new flight master would be at, as well as riding trainers ( would make sense since it looks like it could not only be a plane launch line, but also a place to "practice" to ride a mount).

Instead of the lava in the middle have a giant dark crater Erabor from the Hobbit style... where its a Gigantic dark mine, with small lights where the miners are at, doing their work. I think that would add a whole new idea of Scale to the city, and would probably even make me create an Alliance toon

add portals to all the old cities to make them relevant again as well as transmog and void storage and reforgers.

Make Undercity feel bigger same with Ironforge. Remove Orc guards from UC and replace them with undead patrol officers or dark rangers or abominations.

Id also like to see a forsaken fleet off the coast of tirisfal visible to us players because the fleet would or returned from northrend by now.