Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    I play moonkin and two classes seem to be really broken.

Retribution and rogues are impossible to beat as moonkin. I cant cast anything else than instants because continuous interrupting and retri is impossible to keep far and damage is too much. Since only damage i can do is moonfire and starsurge, I cant do any real damage.

Actually any melee is impossible to beat. Balance druid needs instant roots and cc like mage to be viable dueling class.
    This worries me (Shadow here) you can displacer, roots/beam combos and you are having a hard time..

I don't even wanna thinka bout how I should play Shadow..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This worries me (Shadow here) you can displacer, roots/beam combos and you are having a hard time..

I don't even wanna thinka bout how I should play Shadow..
    You have fear, rets don't have any counter to fear besides trinket ofcourse and if he blows his bubble to counter a fear, he's an idiot.

Rogues...well rogues always countered clothies, so no change here.

You want to beat every class, don't you? Not going to happen.

Rogues in beta right now are kinda silly, I beat pretty much everything just doing a dps rotation and keeping recuperate up, no need to restealth or vanish, and that I can't kill can't kill me eighter.

Pvp balance in beta is horrible atm, but it's beta what do you expect.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2014-07-10 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Unless you play a rogue.

No, seriously, some classes can beat everything in 1v1 situations. Rogues most definitely and thinking hunters too (at least I could last time I played wow in February).

its a L2P issue here. I am boomy and I wreck 99% of people I run up against 1v1, even 1v2. if they suck I can 1v3. u aren't specced for 1v1 apparently. u lose dps I pve but properly specced for 1v1 u have3 charges of instant roots, natures grasp root, typhoon knockback/daze, and 1 instant cyclone. all while rejuv is rolling and its GG. ill let u in on my rogue killer strat. spec into disorienting roar, its stuns for less than mighty bash, but its an aoe stun. rogue opens, u trink and disorient roar, fairie fire while stunned, root, burn them down. if they are lucky, they vanish with 2% and leave. u also have a cleanse for poisons. if no trink, just spam dis roar during their open, first second they trip up its GG. unless u get jacked by a really skilled rogue with really good gear that can kill u in 1 stunlock, boomy is far superior to rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    In a balanced game you would be able to but blizzard sucks at that.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-07-10 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rets? broken? You do know that ret is the weakest melee spec in game atm, and druids Hard-counter them easily because of their Godlike mobility

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Duel "balance" (on flat open ground, no less) doesn't matter, and should never be factored into PvP balancing decisions.
    Very true.
    Blizzard have come out and stated that 2v2 arena is not balanced, only them aiming for balance at 3v3 and 5v5.
    It certainly wouldn't apply 1v1 then, and would be impossible to achieve without a vast amount of homogenisation which would make the current classes look hugely unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Rets? broken? You do know that ret is the weakest melee spec in game atm, and druids Hard-counter them easily because of their Godlike mobility

Took the words out of my mouth. Ret is in a HORRIBLE place right now, ( seems to always be the case over the past 8 YEARS... ) anyway. Boomy off healing is insane right now, If not the strongest off healing in the game currently. I've seen boomies completely roast warriors in duels finishing with 100% hps and wars are among the most OP class right now next to hunters and monks.

Wait till your gear gets better OP then you'll own everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Took the words out of my mouth. Ret is in a HORRIBLE place right now, ( seems to always be the case over the past 8 YEARS... ) anyway. Boomy off healing is insane right now, If not the strongest off healing in the game currently. I've seen boomies completely roast warriors in duels finishing with 100% hps and wars are among the most OP class right now next to hunters and monks.

Wait till your gear gets better OP then you'll own everything.
    Warriors OP my ass. Warriors are only OP in arenas where they have a healer/dispeller and in 1v1 against casters that can't run, like priests, locks, and elem shamans. It still amazes me so many warriors duel outside SW only to get their asses handed back to them by pretty much anything that's not a priest, lock or elem shaman.

Deleted
    Your philosophical approach to the matter is erroneous. Duelling is dynamic, and should be considered as such in all situations. That you find certain classes and specializations to be difficult to defeat is reasonable. Your method of handling it, nonetheless, is wrong. As a hybrid, you should not expect a one-way solution to any situational problem. Combine your defense and attack properly. For instance, a Retribution Paladin will often try to use most of his attacks within the first 30-50 seconds of the fight, which you can defend against in many ways. CC combined with proper healing, then forcing his bubble by popping your CD's will likely give you a fair advantage, as you have the healing and sustained damage to defeat him.

Remember to hesitate to use Rogues as an example of a class with a duelling advantage, as the design philosophy of the class has the side-effect of being anti-duelling in most situations, even in Arena. The sustained healing, alongside the powerful stealth and control combination of abilities, give the Rogue an advantage in fights by default. If you have good experience in Arena battles, you will find that ending up with a decently good Rogue seems nonsensical, as anything you do to him most often is not enough to disable his stealth and control abilities, giving him full opportunity to bring himself to the top and defeat you.

Speaking of being a Balance Druid, you have a plethora of options available to defeat most melee classes. Combine your heals with your control abilities, and kite away until the enemy has lost his burst cooldowns. Then force his defensive CD's, and you'll end up with an advantage most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Your philosophical approach to the matter is erroneous. Duelling is dynamic, and should be considered as such in all situations. That you find certain classes and specializations to be difficult to defeat is reasonable. Your method of handling it, nonetheless, is wrong. As a hybrid, you should not expect a one-way solution to any situational problem. Combine your defense and attack properly. For instance, a Retribution Paladin will often try to use most of his attacks within the first 30-50 seconds of the fight, which you can defend against in many ways. CC combined with proper healing, then forcing his bubble by popping your CD's will likely give you a fair advantage, as you have the healing and sustained damage to defeat him.

Remember to hesitate to use Rogues as an example of a class with a duelling advantage, as the design philosophy of the class has the side-effect of being anti-duelling in most situations, even in Arena. The sustained healing, alongside the powerful stealth and control combination of abilities, give the Rogue an advantage in fights by default. If you have good experience in Arena battles, you will find that ending up with a decently good Rogue seems nonsensical, as anything you do to him most often is not enough to disable his stealth and control abilities, giving him full opportunity to bring himself to the top and defeat you.

Speaking of being a Balance Druid, you have a plethora of options available to defeat most melee classes. Combine your heals with your control abilities, and kite away until the enemy has lost his burst cooldowns. Then force his defensive CD's, and you'll end up with an advantage most of the time.
    Balance Druid's literally have everything. If you can't win a 1v1 duel as a Balance Druid in 5.4, you honestly shouldn't be playing the game. (not referring to you personally)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Balance Druid's literally have everything. If you can't win a 1v1 duel as a Balance Druid in 5.4, you honestly shouldn't be playing the game. (not referring to you personally)
    They can be beaten, but are among the top currently. I'm aware you're not referring to me - I play only Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Duel "balance" (on flat open ground, no less) doesn't matter, and should never be factored into PvP balancing decisions.
    It matters, but it doesn't exist in WoW and never existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Not at all the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It matters, but it doesn't exist in WoW and never existed.
    Feel free to substantiate the claim. It might "matter," but does nothing to change the fact that putting focus and resources on this aspect of the game is not preferable to more important areas, such as Arena and general PvP. Meddling with duelling balance will inevitably distort class balance in other important areas, which is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    I play moonkin and two classes seem to be really broken.

Retribution and rogues are impossible to beat as moonkin. I cant cast anything else than instants because continuous interrupting and retri is impossible to keep far and damage is too much. Since only damage i can do is moonfire and starsurge, I cant do any real damage.

Actually any melee is impossible to beat. Balance druid needs instant roots and cc like mage to be viable dueling class.
    Blizzard does not balance around duels, never has and likely never will. There will always be a class that can beat another class... and that class will have one that beats it. Etc etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, are you using stealth at the start of the fight? it gives you a HUGE advantage over those that cant stealth

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Feel free to substantiate the claim. It might "matter," but does nothing to change the fact that putting focus and resources on this aspect of the game is not preferable to more important areas, such as Arena and general PvP. Meddling with duelling balance will inevitably distort class balance in other important areas, which is stupid.
    Balance in 1v1 is a great thing to have, because then skill plays a much larger role. It's a difficult thing to achieve though, so we don't have it in WoW and never had.

If you are saying that trying to balance 1v1 while they have huge issues balancing even 3v3 is a waste of time, then I agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Balance in 1v1 is a great thing to have, because then skill plays a much larger role. It's a difficult thing to achieve though, so we don't have it in WoW and never had.
    That's entirely incorrect. Skill plays a larger role in relation to what? Duelling? Sure. Where, then, does the 1v1 balance reflect upon skill in Arena or anything else?