Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solar Opening...

So I'm a 583, 12/14 Heroic boomkin who apparantly is an enormous noob because I didn't know opening in solar was a dps increase until last week and have been doing lunar opening for all of SoO. I've looked up the proper rotation for it and have found mixed feedback. Any chance for some help as to how this works and how to do it properly? Thanks
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2014-07-09 at 03:37 AM.

PULL TIMER:

5 - AC into Solar Eclipse
    2.5 - Incarnation
    1 - Starfall + Pre-pot
    0 - Mushroom Bloom, Solar Beam, Celestial Alignment, Start casting SS (To give trinkets a chance to proc)
    +1 - moonfire
    +2 - Begin Spamming Starfire/SS
    +9 - Re-dot
    +10 - Starfall
    +14 - Begin casting wrath to push lunar eclipse
    +19 - *Enter Lunar* (assuming 1 SS proc after CA) Cast Starfire.
    After the Starfire re-cast Starfall
    Re-dot before incarn falls off, or you leave lunar (which ever comes first), preferably Meta gem will be up.

Is this the druid equivalent of the "when should i go fire" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Is this the druid equivalent of the "when should i go fire" thread?
    No, that thread is the "Do I have too much Crit" discussion on where mastery > crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboii View Post
    PULL TIMER:

5 - AC into Solar Eclipse
    2.5 - Incarnation
    1 - Starfall + Pre-pot
    0 - Mushroom Bloom, Solar Beam, Celestial Alignment, Start casting SS (To give trinkets a chance to proc)
    +1 - moonfire
    +2 - Begin Spamming Starfire/SS
    +9 - Re-dot
    +10 - Starfall
    +14 - Begin casting wrath to push lunar eclipse
    +19 - *Enter Lunar* (assuming 1 SS proc after CA) Cast Starfire.
    After the Starfire re-cast Starfall
    Re-dot before incarn falls off, or you leave lunar (which ever comes first), preferably Meta gem will be up.
    Wait wait wait wait... why are you using solar beam? and why are you popping Inc so early? I can see it being a dps increase for the increase damage with mushrooms but other than that nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Voomkin View Post
    Wait wait wait wait... why are you using solar beam? and why are you popping Inc so early? I can see it being a dps increase for the increase damage with mushrooms but other than that nothing else.
    You use Incarnation before combat because it's a waste of a Gobal otherwise. You use Solar beam because it's an extra chance to proc your trinkets/meta.

Although Druidboii's opener should have Starfall and Incarnation swapped around.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-07-11 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much of a dps increase is the solar opener? Is it worth using on every fight in SoO?
    Hi

Deleted
    the only thing i do not like about druiboii's opener is using CA on 0s.

You should usually have the time to wait for all trinkets to proc to cast CA, then have a few seconds of all procs to spamm some starfires, and then have at least meta-gem reproc towards the end of CA, and cast the final set of dots with at least meta and bindings proc

but prolly that depends on your trinkets

Deleted
    Is there any reason why you dont AC into Solar even before.
    Nature's grace is proccing anyways if you use CA.
    Or is it for the starfall ticks before you use CA?

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    the only thing i do not like about druiboii's opener is using CA on 0s.

You should usually have the time to wait for all trinkets to proc to cast CA, then have a few seconds of all procs to spamm some starfires, and then have at least meta-gem reproc towards the end of CA, and cast the final set of dots with at least meta and bindings proc

but prolly that depends on your trinkets
    No it has nothing to do with your trinkets. Your opener is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kranq View Post
    Is there any reason why you dont AC into Solar even before.
    Nature's grace is proccing anyways if you use CA.
    Or is it for the starfall ticks before you use CA?
    Because starfall uses a GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    You use Incarnation before combat because it's a waste of a Gobal otherwise. You use Solar beam because it's an extra chance to proc your trinkets/meta.
    Solar Beam doesn't proc trinkets when the target is immune to silence (i.e. bosses)

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Solar Beam doesn't proc trinkets when the target is immune to silence (i.e. bosses)
    It procs trinkets on training dummies even though it says Immune so I'd like some proof of what you're saying. Either way there's no reason not to use it since it's off the GCD.

it procs (same chance as any spell) them, and it's off gcd. there's no reason not to.

It procs trinkets on training dummies even though it says Immune so I'd like some proof of what you're saying. Either way there's no reason not to use it since it's off the GCD.
    Hmm that's weird, didn't proc for me on boss dummy when I tried, same for counterspell

Hmm that's weird, didn't proc for me on boss dummy when I tried, same for counterspell
    it's a 15% chance

How come in this rotation we're using CA before we get out of eclipse? I thought the optimal rotation would be to cast wrath until out of eclipse, then CA?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    it's a 15% chance
    Fuck me, really?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarob22 View Post
    How come in this rotation we're using CA before we get out of eclipse? I thought the optimal rotation would be to cast wrath until out of eclipse, then CA?
    You use CA on pull because you want to use it while all your procs are active.

You use CA on pull because you want to use it while all your procs are active.
    Ok, makes sense. For this solar opening, is there a certain point where I want to open with this over lunar, or is solar just straight up better?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarob22 View Post
    Ok, makes sense. For this solar opening, is there a certain point where I want to open with this over lunar, or is solar just straight up better?
    You'll want to use the Solar opener when you get legendary meta gem.