Poll: Do you trust Blizzard?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I trust them to do what they think is best for the game but I don't trust that it will always line up to my ideal of what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    I trusted Blizzard...but then Cataclysm happened.
    This, so much. The game was constantly improving up to that point. Then it felt the need to reinvent itself in increasingly banal ways, and the quality has never recovered.

I trust them in that I don´t think they lie or deceive on purpose. But that said, I think the people who control the development cycle have just gotten old and comfortable and are no longer the devs they used to be back in the day. They seem more like 9-5 type people rather than all-nighters.. which is the type of people you need to produce games nowadays. Most good games now are getting released by the indie types who sweat their games out. The corporate developers just kinda prance their way through production. I think Blizzard and WOW would be much better off if some of those other entrenched guys at the top disappeared and some of the new hungry guys were given more responsibility.

To all of you people who are just here to gather followers in your crusade against WoW, I just have to add

I think they listen but not liek they used to. mainly because they are making billions and people still play their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust them at all. They told me I was safe, but its obvious I am not.
    Now there are only a few precious days left.

I will do whatever I can to avenge this betrayal.

They also changed something in a video game, which is unforgivable.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Deleted
    Trust a company? Why on earth would I do something that stupid

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No it wasn't. It's still just 1 person's opinion in a world full of opinions.
    That's certainly the truth. Most of their fanbase doesn't think they've "come through in the end." In fact, it's a fairly common opinion that they've dropped the ball at the end of each expansion. Fans who really trust Blizzard to give them something worthwhile hang around not because the game delivered in the end, but because it delivered at certain points and they're hoping it will do that again. A noteworthy percentage clearly didn't think so as the subs haven't just dropped entirely because their fanbase didn't have time to play anymore.

A rollercoaster has its merits but anyone trying to make it seem like it's always going where you'd like it to doesn't have a grip on how many personalities there are and how many aren't compatible with theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    judging by the success, they probably know what they are doing, or they are a bunch of lucky bastards

i enjoy their products untill at some point i don´t anymore, no trust involved
    The game lasts because the success it has in the beginning, but most of the developers from those times left the company. I dont think the game would strive towards such a success if MoP/ Cataclysm was Vanilla.

Deleted
    No. I think that they are more about milking the profits via easy ways instead of providing the best possible product. Cant trust someone that is backstabing its customers.

Maybe the ones who say No need to grow up a little. Blizzard is not your mummy, it is a commercial company ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Maybe the ones who say No need to grow up a little. Blizzard is not your mummy, it is a commercial company ffs.
    Well exactly, so with that being said, why would somebody say yes?

I don't trust a bunch of businessmen who's main goal is to appease stockholders and maximise profits at whatever expense possible.

The people who need to grow up are those who treat the entity that is Blizzard as a friend (i've heard somebody refer to them as a family member on here) and feel the need to justify all of their decisions and pretend they do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    What a truly bizarre thing to write. I am struggling to think why someone would feel the need to point out something that is so glaring obvious, in the fact that Blizzard are a company and not anyone's mummy, or why not trusting them would be a result of believing they were a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    The game lasts because the success it has in the beginning, but most of the developers from those times left the company. I dont think the game would strive towards such a success if MoP/ Cataclysm was Vanilla.
    EA is a good example of how even one of the now worst rated companies in customer service and lots of hatred against them in their business practices still turns out money and can continue to milk money from old titles. Blizzard still heavily rides on their former glory and even when Blizzard has a botched launch or buggy game with cut features and content will customers still consume it just as customers consume products from EA and shell out an ever increasing amount for DLC. Lets not forget Activision does this as well. Even when Blizzards quality and customer support drops, all one has to do is compare it to EA and Activision and Blizzard will still look better. Even better for Blizzard they dont have to be better than others as long as they dont build a reputation worse than other big name AAA developers and even then Blizzard will still make lots of money.

After a couple of articles, including the 'resources' one, nope.

I wouldn't give them my credit card info if I didn't trust them.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Ofc not. Why would I? It's all PR tricks and strategies. They are a business and they will say/promise anything to increase their profit (just like most businesses do). I do think that in Classic, they genuinely put customers on the first place (or at least it really felt like that). After that though profit became number 1 and it still is.

LOL, "trust". Why would I want or need to "trust" Blizzard? All this stupid melodramatic lingo. What's there to "trust"?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL, "trust". Why would I want or need to "trust" Blizzard? All this stupid melodramatic lingo. What's there to "trust"?
    That they wouldn't overdraw your credit and go to Mexico? That they wouldn't sell your address to Nigerian scammers? Plenty of things really.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    That they wouldn't overdraw your credit and go to Mexico? That they wouldn't sell your address to Nigerian scammers? Plenty of things really.
    I think that not indulging in criminal activities is the very least a customer should expect from a company, especially one that is publicly traded, and the fact that they do not commit fraud is not a reason for praising their trustworthiness.