Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Got kicked from an instance for the first time ever today.

For refusing to heal a warrior who called me a retard, for casting mass resurrection when two people died.

I'm not even sorry, it made me smile.

Anyone got any funny stories about getting booted from an instance?
    Last edited by razski; 2014-07-12 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Cata I got kicked for the only time. I was tanking Stonecore on my warrior (this is prior to nerfs or 500% threat) and I had people pulling and not killing the Stonecore Sentries, so they kept getting murdered (I ran by the "you pull it, you tank it" creed back then). They blamed me, instead, and demanded I leave the group. When I refused they kicked me.

Can't recall ever getting kicked honestly(Not saying I haven't, I just don't remember if I have), but still, what was that warrior thinking is all I have to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Wrath I was booted for being a DK. I wish I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Back in Cata I got kicked for the only time. I was tanking Stonecore on my warrior (this is prior to nerfs or 500% threat) and I had people pulling and not killing the Stonecore Sentries, so they kept getting murdered (I ran by the "you pull it, you tank it" creed back then). They blamed me, instead, and demanded I leave the group. When I refused they kicked me.
    I'm usually not that bad when it comes to people ninja pulling in pre-cata instances, mainly because the mobs die so quickly and a good tank can pick them up in no time. I have a macro for when I'm healing in cata instances that states "If you are not the tank, and you pull, please don't expect me to heal you. You have no threat tools to stop the mobs coming at me and I'm squishy.".

10+ Year Old Account
    i got kicked many times for being so pro, ye i mean it i do dungeons like we do heroic raiding i expect everyone do the uberskill moves while runing shittey level 35-60 dungeons and got kicked for being assy... many times..

I get all the time for being right. And it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Can't recall ever getting kicked honestly(Not saying I haven't, I just don't remember if I have), but still, what was that warrior thinking is all I have to say.
    Apparently, when he died on the first boss (due to his stupidity, not my healing ability.) I was not quick enough with the resurrection and someone else got there using mass rez.(I didn't realise this.) So he had the debuff when he died to trash before I could catch up after a mana break. Still, calling me a retard just made me say "Retard, really? How about I don't heal you." I didn't say anything further, but he got no heals from me. Then I got kicked, I'm still half laughing about it now. So funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember back in Wrath I got kicked once on a DK because of one of my trinkets. It had the same, very obvious visual as a caster trinket, and one of the group members said something about it right before I got kicked. They obviously didn't even check what it was and just assumed I was one of those terrible DKs, haha.

I had been playing WoW for so long without ever getting booted, I didn't even understand what happened when I did get booted. Was loading into the dungeon they redid in cata (i am spacing it's name - it's the one the valentines day event happens in) and then ... loading screen and im back in SW. This was right at the start of the dungeon - no one even said anything. So, I sat in SW confused and then I looked at the chat window and I see "Sorry mate, we got a guildie as our 5th."

10+ Year Old Account
    Takes half the time to res and costs no mana, can't see any issue, unless he figured you'd all die leaving him as the only resser and his inability to mass res everyone (though the mass res would hit you and the other person, by which point you could single res the two with cooldown).

In short he's a retard

Can't remember ever being kicked, I pulled some stupid shit in 5 mans, but I tended to be able to handle it. I would treat dps as defensive cooldowns (they pull it, they can tank it if I don't feel I can handle that mob too just yet, or, if I feel like showing them a lesson, let them die then taunt it so the healer didn't die etc).

I'm also very unlikely to instigate a kick either though, you have to be leeching (literally afk or on follow without explanation), or gobbing off in chat. Even back when Cata heroics were "hard" (they were kinda in lfd), I'd prefer to let people stay and hope they learn. Hell, I'd even ask people if they wanted optional bosses for loot, back then it was the done thing to skip any mob you possibly could. >.>

Nowadays I outgear heroics that much that even if they wanted to kick me they couldn't, I run off and basically never leave combat and have enough self healing to sustain all but the worst attacks

Once I kicked some healer who didn't heal me. I called him him a retard, man.. he was hopeless. That was was good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Once I kicked some healer who didn't heal me. I called him him a retard, man.. he was hopeless. That was was good day.
    Good times.

In wrath for skipping bosses in Uthgarde pinacle (ICC patch)

And usually I do the kicking, mostly to DPS who cant beat my Retribution offspec and instead of dpsing the stuff they write complains that I should heal in "proper spec".

Deleted
    Back in cata I zoned in as tank in ZG or ZA when one of the dps went "brb dinner, i'll hurry, 10 minutes or so" or something like that. I'm like "erhm... replace? dungeon is over before he's back?" and the other dps get defensive and call me an elitist and what not. I just say "brb going for groceries" and go make some coffee. Surprise surprise I got kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    In Wrath I was booted for being a DK. I wish I was joking.
    I forgot about that. That happened to me, too. We were called "Derp Knights" back then and insta-kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    I'm usually not that bad when it comes to people ninja pulling in pre-cata instances, mainly because the mobs die so quickly and a good tank can pick them up in no time. I have a macro for when I'm healing in cata instances that states "If you are not the tank, and you pull, please don't expect me to heal you. You have no threat tools to stop the mobs coming at me and I'm squishy.".
    I'm talking about when Cata was relevant, not now. This is before 500% threat factors and before the instances were nerfed to the ground. If you pulled before the tank did, you died - usually before we could get threat back.

got kicked for needing on a piece of int gear that didn't have spirit on it (disc priest) lol. it was like haste mast, a direct upgrade, and i never went below 90% mana the entire run, but they raged sooo hard omg. Was so bad it was hilarious honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time ever huh, welcome to WoW lol. Where you can get booted for looking the wrong way and everyone has a sense of entitlement. One of the worst experience I had with LFD was during Cataclysm when Blizzard thought it was a good idea to merge my server with the Brazilian servers. Almost half of my queues were filled with noob Brazilian players that would run into shit and get everyone killed then complain or just players that didn't speak english and were unable to communicate.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Apparently, when he died on the first boss (due to his stupidity, not my healing ability.) I was not quick enough with the resurrection and someone else got there using mass rez.(I didn't realise this.) So he had the debuff when he died to trash before I could catch up after a mana break. Still, calling me a retard just made me say "Retard, really? How about I don't heal you." I didn't say anything further, but he got no heals from me. Then I got kicked, I'm still half laughing about it now. So funny.
    Allow me to play devil's advocate. So, instead of just leaving you wasted the time of three other people just to get some petty revenge on a guy who called you a mean name?

Besides, this is a justified kick. If someone is not doing their job then they are holding the group back. There's the twist ending for you, you deserved to be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    (I ran by the "you pull it, you tank it" creed back then)
    The friend who brought me into "legitimate WoW" loved tanking and went by that creed. Which is why I felt so friggin weird recently when a raid geared Hunter entered ShadoPan Monastery and started pulling everything and then said "sorry I took your job tank lol" and the tank apologized and the Hunter said "It's cool lol." And... that was that. Like, the Hunter could have solo'd the place and that's fine but the idea of "you should be picking up stuff I pull while I pull more" has never made any sense to me. What must that Hunter be like in raids? Does he pull pre-boss trash and bounce around without Misdirection? Does he pull the bosses, too? It's so weird.