Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thrall

/wtbpoll
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    So everyone hates Anduin for being peaceful, but everyone was fine with Jaina, who had the same personality. And now, when she is warmonering, everyone wants her to die...
    It's not Anduin's fault he isn't a gorgeous woman.

Also find it pretty funny, Anduin is one of the few characters without a massive inflated ego, actually puts the good of BOTH the Horde and Alliance in front of petty squables, and would rather sacrifice himself than compromise what he believes in.

If there's any lore character that shows promise to one day bring at least some peace between red and blue then its Anduin. Yeah what a dick, he should totally die.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post

Also find it pretty funny, Anduin is one of the few characters without a massive inflated ego, actually puts the good of BOTH the Horde and Alliance in front of petty squables, and would rather sacrifice himself than compromise what he believes in.

If there's any lore character that shows promise to one day bring at least some peace between red and blue then its Anduin. Yeah what a dick, he should totally die.
    It's because he's an unrealistic Mary Sue. I don't hate Anduin's character personally, I hate how the other characters react to him. If they treated him as an optimistic young Priest with a lot of promise, but who was rather naive and had a lot to learn about the world then that would be fine. Logically that is what he actually is. But instead everyone treats him as though he's this wise beyond his years saint who can do no wrong. At least Jaina was pragmatic in her quest for peace. She knew when the time for action was. Anduin thinks even Garrosh can be redeemed.

Deleted
    I'd say Med'an just so we can avoid having a superman in Azeroth.

Runners up:
    Vol'jin should have been killed by Garrosh
    Wrathion should never have been introduced to the game. His lore and all that comes with it is just so appaulingly bad.

Deleted
    I'd also like to nominate Varian for death in the next couple of expansions. He's pretty much got all of his stuff sorted out and too many expansions of him ruling justly and wisely is going to be dull. Even if he doesn't end up leading the Army of Light I'd like to see Anduin become King once he learns some much needed life lessons.

Love all the Thrall posts, shows how poorly Blizzard's current writing team is doing that their main man is the most hated.

they really need to kick Metzen and crew out and start again

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Just as soon as every single member of the Horde who participated in the invasion of Azeroth and sacking of the Alliance in subsequent wars is put to death...

If anyone deserves their get out of jail free card revoked its the entirety of the Horde.
    This.

"It was the demons!!"
    uhh... "It was the Old Gods or something!!"

No matter how much Metzen tries to shove his orc shaped dick down our throats, i'll never accept them as anything more than lying savages who always fall back to their same evils

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Time for Thrall to die.
    And Vol'jin
    And Gamon

Lorthemar for Warchief

Deleted
    Thrall. Most overdeveloped character in a supposedly diverse universe. Kill him off and end it.

Varian Wrynn. First he's a warmonger, then he's all about peace. I'm just waiting to see what excuse he'll use to declare war on the Horde in the middle of the next expansion.

Runner up: The entire of the human and orc races, including all player characters.

Thomas Miller, the bread vendor from stromwind because he is just a mofo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas.

To see all of her fanboy/girl tears and forum rage, to avenge the Worgen and justice for all the damage she and her undead army has done.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    So everyone hates Anduin for being peaceful, but everyone was fine with Jaina, who had the same personality. And now, when she is warmonering, everyone wants her to die...
    what no
    alliance player hate Anduin because he is a fucking spineless piece of shit who talks about peace while never having to face any actual consequences

jaina is a bit more complicated, a part of the alliance fanbase liked her before MoP because she was a important WC3 character and nostalgia is a bitch
    a different part hated her because she was a idiot traitor who was proven to be oh so wrong and her father who she helped kill proven 100% right

after MoP it switched, people who disliked her before now liked her for actually standing up for the alliance and not being another doormat and the pro peace people started disliking her because of her new views and the fact that those views were a 180 from her WC3 views (again, nostalgia)

horde player love doormat Anduin, loved Doormat Jaina and hate "actually cares about her people" Jaina

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post

Anuin is the character that would gladly sell out all of the alliance and watch them die if it meant the horde was okay

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough call between Thrall and Vol'jin.

Probably Vol'jin because he makes a terrible warchief.

Deleted
    Gotta say Tirion, because he's such a dull doo-goody white character.

Please give him some personality and make him squash the forsaken already?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go for two birds with one stone: Anduin and Varian; make SW keep blow up, and them with it! They're both irritating characters.
    Last edited by 3DTyrant; 2014-07-13 at 01:06 PM.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Thrall... I'm sick to death of that guy and his green jesus deal. My luck would likely result in him coming back as the green god :/ fml right?

Deleted
    Thrall. His character is getting stale. I wouldn't mind him having another major role in a new expansion as long as they kill him off at the end. Old heroes deserve a good death.

Thrall - as everyone said, he's a green Jesus with too much spotlight. There's a scene in the Cataclysm ending where the aspects are on their knees looking up at Thrall-excuse me GO'EL. Ham-fisted symbolism much?

Anduin - his bromance with Wrathion is cute. Aside from that, hes a purity sue and a Jaina clone. He's some kind of super wise teenager that constantly gives lectures to everyone: players, his dad who's the friggen king, his enemies, all knowing animal spirits... Even after Garrosh broke every bone in his body, he still wants to be BFFs with the horde.

Sylvanas - Lich Queen, and has apparently already died twice but still comes back. Went from "What joy is this curse?" to willing to plague and curse anybody with undeath just to keep population growing, and hopefully, attain powerful people to add to her loyal minions, like Lilian Voss. Basically, what Arthas did to her, she wants to do to everyone else. Went from morally ambiguous to obviously evil, and will probably attack the horde when the oppertunity shows up. She has the most annoying fans that will still say she's just misunderstood and "didnt do nuffin wrong."

Malfurion - suddenly shows up and takes over Darnassus from Tyrande. (On top of loosing her position, Varian makes her look like a moron when it comes to battle strategies.) He's essentially neutral in spite of being cozy in alliance territory, and loves to help out hordlings and attend their weddings when his fellow night elves are being slaughtered and forests torn down in Ashenvale. Standing idle while his wife gets attacked by horde players is hilarious.

Lady Lidrian - small beef, but she burned churches, murdered paladins, and tortured holy wind chimes with nary a consequence. Again, its annoying how much characters are so forgiving of pretty big crimes. It took Jaina loosing close friends and thousands of people and her city before she stopped being a horde apologist.