Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Boomkin damage should get nerfed

I cross posted this in PvP section. Thought you guys might like it. Found this on the WoW battle net forums.

http://www.twitch.tv/kniny/c/4649062

discuss?

With all the changes coming in 6.0? Current numbers aren't even remotely comparable.

I wish hunters wouldn't scatter me if I tried to play Incarnation and used it first global

15+ Year Old Account
    Expansion is over. They ain't going to nerf/buff anything atm.

Boomkin so stronk, dominating all the latters.

Shaman who didn't use defensives vs a Boomkin with all procs, cds and tricks. Yes definitely a situation that occurs very often you should nerf one of the worst pvp specs because of it.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-07-13 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is he suppose to do with vortex beam?

Not stand out of LoS of his team without Earth Shield active.

Deleted
    That would've not happend if the Shaman wasnt utter shit.

And like Glurp said, a boomkin with all cds and procs they will do alot of damage. That isnt exactly overpowered.

Dude but one shot must be utterly broken o/

Deleted
    the only thing that's op about boomkins is their healing, which will hopefully be nerfed into oblivion in Wod.

I really hate to see threads like this. I choose not to pvp because i like to raid much more, but it seems like once or twice per tier boomkins get nerfed due to something in pvp. Its really frustrating to constantly get nerfed for something that you dont even participate in. Every class can blow a target up like this with cd's and procs, deal with it. Next boomkin nerf based on pvp, i blame you sir.

Being dangerous every 3min doesnt have a counter?

This is why Moonkin PvP, as a whole, has been garbage.
    - Random players getting rocked by an "OP Battlechicken" and incredibly lucky RNG IS NOT overpowered. Frost Mage burst is controlled and OP. Moonkin is just RNG.
    - Selective Memory :: Those same players completely disregarding how many times they completely dominate moonkins, they only remember starsurge crits.
    - Healing is Overpowered? :: Yeah, right. A 6min cooldown better be able to help me survive ~ mind you, you're not taking ANY DAMAGE from me when I'm healing.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    - Healing is Overpowered? :: Yeah, right. A 6min cooldown better be able to help me survive ~ mind you, you're not taking ANY DAMAGE from me when I'm healing.
    That's not exactly true: as boomy it doesn't take too much to top yourself with HotW, and you can quickly resume to do damage (not to mention your dots keep ticking the whole time). But I agree with everything you said: boomkin is a good spec atm, but far from OP. I think selective memory is indeed a huge problem going on with arena.
    In that clip, there's no interrupts, so can't really complain. It's like letting a destroy lock cast 2 chaos bolts on you and then shadowburn, and we don't see anyone claiming destroy is OP.

Even if boomkin is (or will be in wod) OP, I thank it: I don't play one, but I'm tired of watching the same classes (mage/war/rshaman) and specs as FOTM. Boomkins indeed suffered a lot of nerfs in the past, so it's only fair that they're in a good shape atm. If you want a nerf on something just nerf rdruids, I think we're too strong atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also like the fact that they let him HARD CAST his two strongest spells. Any interupt, cc, knockback, or defensive on the shaman and that would never have happened. In a vacuum it looks strong but we don't play in a vacuum very often.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody kicked him or anything, nobody even tried to cc them, they used every cd in the game, both dps did, and the other team did nothing to peel. Completely retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched more of his videos, don't forget that MMR and rating is super inflated right now-him being at 2100 is basically the same as 1800 in a normal season. The people he is doing this to are completely terrible at countering moonkins, they did NOTHING to stop him. Nothing. Hunter didn't scatter, enh didn't kick, monk didn't paralyze til after someone was dead...

this is like 1400 in BC level play you are seeing from his enemies.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like nerfing all that much to be honest... I mean, it's good for PvP but it really affects those who PvE and they take away some very important things for us.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its almost like the moonkin used every single one of his offensive abilities, got tricks of the trade, used solar beam, and hard casted two thigns in a row and the other teams partners did literally nothing to even attempt to stop it! FYI: You let almost any dps class pop all cds and get tricks, thats going to happen right now. Spriests can solo resto shamans in a silence without tricks if the shaman doesen't get peels and his team plays like complete idiots, as this persons opponents did those games :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Shaman who didn't use defensives vs a Boomkin with all procs, cds and tricks. Yes definitely a situation that occurs very often you should nerf one of the worst pvp specs because of it.

Solar Beam+Root+Vortex.. nothing he could've done in that amount of time. Silence blankets all abilities, including totems. He literally got 2 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    In a vacuum it looks strong but we don't play in a vacuum very often.
    Or for very long.