Brewmasters and Malk HC

Ok, So recently I set up my own raiding guild and we skipped straight to Heroics as most of my buddies were 570 + gear anyway. We've got up to Naz'grim in 2 raids so I'm pretty sure we'll hit Malk HC in tomorrows raid, and I just had a couple of questions regarding some mechanics....

The other tank is a 579 geared Prot Warrior - so I'll probably let him solo tank the blood rage, however I was wondering if as on offtank you could help clear the room of orbs with diffuse magic whilst he was solo tanking...

Any other tips/advice very much appreciated!

Our roster looks like

Brewmaster
    Prot Warr
    Ele Shaman
    Enhancement Shaman
    Rogue
    Warlock
    Hunter
    Boomy/Warlock/Spriest
    Mistweaver
    Rshaman

Deleted
    Haven't played a lot of BrM but from my experience when killing Malkorok you can easily clear orbs with any class regardless of defensive ability. The orbs themselves only deal around 150k damage each and you can easily take a few before stopping for a sec and getting a heal. If you have defensives up you can of course take a lot more rapidly.

Ah right, wasn't aware they did so little damage! Just literally watched the fatboss guide and saw they mentioned have a class with a heavy defensive like dispersion/deflect take them... Guess with 700k + healthpools they become a bit trivial? :P

There are no lack of threads that describe how to do Malk if you do decide to solo soak the blood phase. As for the first phase, taunt when you need to taunt. If you're not needed to soak, you can do whatever you want during the blood phase since you'll just be stacked with the healers and DPS behind the boss during that phase. If you're needed to soak orbs at that point, that's the best time for you to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    Haven't played a lot of BrM but from my experience when killing Malkorok you can easily clear orbs with any class regardless of defensive ability. The orbs themselves only deal around 150k damage each and you can easily take a few before stopping for a sec and getting a heal. If you have defensives up you can of course take a lot more rapidly.
    As far that, what distinguishes monks and rogues on this fight is their ability to negate a lot of magic damage and use speed CDs to quickly and safely clear a large number of orbs. Between Diffuse Magic and Zen Med for mitigation and Roll and Tiger's Lust for movement, you can clear an entire quadrant in less than 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-07-13 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    He is asking as the off tank, which means due to the debuff they will do around 350k each or more based on the stacks he took before he got taunted off of before the blood rage. Worth noting before he yolo rolls through 5 of them without a cd.

Great! Thanks, Not sure why the raid team would stack behind the boss though? Thought the whole point of solo tanking him was so people could remain spread out....

let prot warr solo blood rage? what?

a 575 brewmaster can solo blood rage with 20 stacks no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    let prot warr solo blood rage? what?

a 575 brewmaster can solo blood rage with 20 stacks no problem.
    Thanks for a really insightful post. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Great! Thanks, Not sure why the raid team would stack behind the boss though? Thought the whole point of solo tanking him was so people could remain spread out....
    It helps the healers get everyone topped off. Unless you have the debuff, there's no reason not to stack behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    There is no point to stacking when solo tanking. The only point of stacking would be to aoe heal but the only raid damage comes from 1) soaking orbs, which you can't do stacked up or 2) failing at the debuff which isn't even an issue if spread out.

Really there is no need to over think it, if all your dps are 570+ you have the dps to beat the enrage timer and then some. Follow mechanics, clean up orbs during blood rage, rinse repeat he will likely be dead 20 or more seconds before the 2nd blood rage. Deaths on this encounter almost always come from people failing to soak, or eating an orb a second before soaking there aren't many other ways to die outside of just being really dumb and standing in a breath or smash.

The debuff in Heroic mode roots you am i correct? Which is why I'm confused as to why you would stack..apologies If I'm wrong/reading out of date tacs! In repply to Jocias btw, Thanks Tech for the answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    It helps the healers get everyone topped off. Unless you have the debuff, there's no reason not to stack behind him.
    You have the entire phase to get people topped off, it's not a rush, and people shouldn't be that far from topped either unless multiple fails happened in the normal phase. When you need big aoe healing is when you need to spread back out because the blood rage ended to get shields back up, and you should be using your totems/tranqs/hymns here to accomplish this.