Selfless Healer Stats

Hey folks,

So I just came back into raiding after a long hiatus from early MoP. I'm a little behind in gear, but I've found a great group of folks running heroic SoO. I have some kills from the early part of the tier and have since come back and tacked on a few more. We just did heroic Thok last night, it was my first time actually doing Thok in heroic and ended with a first kill for me as well.

Anyway, because it's 25m, I've been reading parses and checking sites like Icy Veins and it seems that for heroic 25s as a paladin, running selfless healer really seems the way to go. Which, after some tinkering, I was able to get the rotation down to where I felt comfortable. With that said, I hit 210k hps with my current gear as an average hps for the fight. I thought this was a decent turn out for my current iLevel (albeit it a bit low as I work on my rotation and fight mechanics). What I found though was that I never ran out of mana. Not remotely. Never even came close.

So I need some clarity on gearing and whatnot for selfless healer. I'm assuming I'm far over a recommended cap for spirit and am probably lacking some throughput. My main 'gimp' right now are my trinkets, so I'm working on those from a gearing perspective, but looking for some advice/posts on min/maxing for a selfless healer build. Appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Hey folks,

So I just came back into raiding after a long hiatus from early MoP. I'm a little behind in gear, but I've found a great group of folks running heroic SoO. I have some kills from the early part of the tier and have since come back and tacked on a few more. We just did heroic Thok last night, it was my first time actually doing Thok in heroic and ended with a first kill for me as well.

Anyway, because it's 25m, I've been reading parses and checking sites like Icy Veins and it seems that for heroic 25s as a paladin, running selfless healer really seems the way to go. Which, after some tinkering, I was able to get the rotation down to where I felt comfortable. With that said, I hit 210k hps with my current gear as an average hps for the fight. I thought this was a decent turn out for my current iLevel (albeit it a bit low as I work on my rotation and fight mechanics). What I found though was that I never ran out of mana. Not remotely. Never even came close.

So I need some clarity on gearing and whatnot for selfless healer. I'm assuming I'm far over a recommended cap for spirit and am probably lacking some throughput. My main 'gimp' right now are my trinkets, so I'm working on those from a gearing perspective, but looking for some advice/posts on min/maxing for a selfless healer build. Appreciate the help.
    You can safely run with 9-10k spirit with Selfless Healer. Pump everything you can into mastery and when that's impossible go for haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    You can safely run with 9-10k spirit with Selfless Healer. Pump everything you can into mastery and when that's impossible go for haste.
    Thought so, thanks. To be honest, I don't recall dipping below 100% mana...ever. So if I can lose tons of spirit for mastery then I'll be in a better spot. This would probably mean I'd be stuck in this rotation/build and would need to reforge if I needed to go with an EF build for 10s, but I'd cross that bridge if I get there.