Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Are there certain times when starsurge isn't worth using and by that I don't mean when dots take priority but when you would hold a shooting stars proc and risk having it overridden due to your position in eclipse?

If need to reapply a DoT while in Eclipse but casting the starsurge would make you exit the Eclipse.

So you're going to see a few randos in with top parses that have their highest damage on Protectors be starsurge. Usually this is just RNG or a very fast kill and doesn't mean you should be doing some of these things that Druidboii recommended. You should be able to maintain NG-buffed dots on all targets except during the bubble phase you'll either want to use the eclipse dot on all the despair adds (if they die very quickly you can ignore them or solar hurricane). Ever since Council of Elders in ToT I wanna say keeping NG buffed dots on as many targets as possible was a thing. Dots are a higher DPET than starsurge, starsurge only hits one target. Your damage breakdown should be dots first then starsurge very close to those. Not starsurge first. Especially if your kills are around 4minutes+

Fallen protectors.. i don't have a 100% solid strategy, but i like having eclipsed dot on everything, uneclisped on main target. I'll burn through my eclipse really fast, but i'll re-dot 1cast away from leaving eclipse sometimes. I'd like to give you more precise info, but i feel like my strat varies week to week... but i still managed to get #6 (Now 29) at a point so whatever! Locks will destroy you even if it's our best dps fight anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Fallen protectors.. i don't have a 100% solid strategy, but i like having eclipsed dot on everything, uneclisped on main target. I'll burn through my eclipse really fast, but i'll re-dot 1cast away from leaving eclipse sometimes. I'd like to give you more precise info, but i feel like my strat varies week to week... but i still managed to get #6 (Now 29) at a point so whatever! Locks will destroy you even if it's our best dps fight anyways
    no. This has already been answered properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    A better statement would have been, as I said, to only apply DoTs while NG is active and cycle otherwise.
    Both dots. With NG buff. Push new eclipse otherwise.

Hey guys, I can't for the life of me figure out how to do decent damage on protectors 25 hc( and some others but let's start with this ) .

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4j859t28m5bb2a49/analyze/dd/source/?s=607&e=962<- Logs from our kill . I did 510k, which is pretty bad considering ranked limit is somewhere around 650k for the top 150, and my gear is decent (I THINK ).
    Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nalorn/simple

Inconsistency in NG gaps and low DoT time would make me think you're not using your DoTs properly. Read a few posts up for an explanation on how to handle DoTs for Protectors.

Inconsistency in NG gaps and low DoT time would make me think you're not using your DoTs properly. Read a few posts up for an explanation on how to handle DoTs for Protectors.
    The method , namely keeping up both dots on all three targets is what I attempted to do on this. Many times however i found myself snapping out of NG and having to use a few wraths or starfires as the procs weren't consistent enough, not sure what's causing this tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    The method , namely keeping up both dots on all three targets is what I attempted to do on this. Many times however i found myself snapping out of NG and having to use a few wraths or starfires as the procs weren't consistent enough, not sure what's causing this tbh.
    No you didn't. I randomly selected Rook and he had a 50% sunfire and moonfire uptime. Sun Tenderheart: 60%. He Softfoot also ~60% uptime and starsurge is your top damage which is really telling that you did poorly at keeping NG-buffed DoTs on all bosses. You might want to look into an addon to track this. For Protectors Shadowed Unit Frame's boss frames work great for tracking dots on the bosses and Fortexorcist still works really well for tracking dots on multiple targets. Make a weak aura for nature's grace push new eclipses when everything is fully dotted or NG buff is falling off.

For a 5minute kill your second set of cds should be in the bubble phase with despair spawns. Didn't check to see when you used yours however.

NG should be dropping off unless you get lucky procs, the problem I see with your log is massive inconsistencies with how long NG drops for each time. Generally if you are properly following the right priority the downtime between NGs should be reasonably consistent.

How do you approach the intermission phase of sun ? Dot the 2 adds outside + 2 other bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    How do you approach the intermission phase of sun ? Dot the 2 adds outside + 2 other bosses?

Just dot everything that will live for longer than 10 seconds. So for the first set of transitions DoT Misery, Sorrow, Gloom, Despair, Desperation, and Anguish. If for w/e reason you're not pushing the bosses together, dot anything listed above as well as the bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    So after getting a few more pieces I headed to the training dummy, and I am doing around 175k~ dps over 10 minutes single target, self buffed, is that ok for my gear or am I doing something hideously wrong? Using incarnation/HOTW for it.

http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=71925

Oh some of my gear didn't update on armory, I have a couple different pieces. Sitting at 10290 haste rest is crit. Hit capped obv.

- - - Updated - - -

Ran through simcraft with my updated gear and trying out some new talents, seems to be pretty much exactly the same as simc says I should be doing :P
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2014-07-21 at 07:16 AM.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simcraft tells me that Nature's Vigil is a dps increase on singletarget and cleave (3~ targets) over HotW. Accurate? Most places says otherwise. Is the DoC playstyle a noteable gain? Played it on Galakras a while ago and it did do a bit more damage compared to previous attempts, even though I fucked up a few times.

This is the results I get on singletarget sims:
    HotW: 318542 DPS
    DoC: 318944 DPS
    NV: 319629 DPS

On cleave with at least 3 targets:
    Hotw: 472687 DPS
    DoC: 480863 DPS
    NV: 485215 DPS

On cleave, the NV talent seems to do quite a bit more than HotW. Though, I assume that is with perfect conditions and play..

Most people I see use HotW, though.

Also, what's the worth of the T16 4CP? I simmed it and if I change my head and legs to T16 for the bonus, I lose 2k dps.
    Armory if relevant: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Asrialt/simple
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2014-08-04 at 02:05 AM.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember simcraft does 1000 (or whatever you set it to) runs over the time you have set, there can be variations if you run the same set back to back even.
    You're a towel.

Simcraft is not accurate for single target and is even less accurate for multi-target. DoC is bad. NV is good on fights under 3 minutes or certain other situations such as a ~3:30-4:00 Thok.

T16 4pc is a DPS gain but since you have a mix of different levels of gear you can't really say one is better than the other since the massive ilvl cap between gear has a large difference.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-08-04 at 09:48 AM.

So I've been wondering what the best way to refresh your eclipsed dot is when you are not under the influence of any trinkets or meta gem procs. That being said, if i refresh moonfire at say 0 energy heading towards lunar with no buffs, should i refresh it right as I enter lunar eclipse or let it tick out and try to fish for some type of buff before refreshing it (all while still in lunar eclipse).

Hey guys, I kinda want to take my Boomkin play to the next level, and I was wondering if I could get some advice.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/6673/

I'm still working on figuring out how to dot and snapshot properly, and I sometimes cast the wrong nuke in the wrong eclipse, but not THAT often, any specifics I can get some help with?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    I sometimes cast the wrong nuke in the wrong eclipse, but not THAT often
    If you're still having problems with that then I suggest you just play more to get muscle memory down. Don't worry about DoT snapshotting if you can't manage the basics.

If you're still having problems with that then I suggest you just play more to get muscle memory down. Don't worry about DoT snapshotting if you can't manage the basics.
    I mean, it happens like maybe 1-2 casts maximum per pull and that's being picky about it, but I really would like to know things that aren't apparent that I've already figured out about myself, otherwise I wouldn't bother posting a log to ask what else is there.