Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Are ilvl upgrades like a HWF Ashflare Pendant better then H Untainted Guardian's Chain? or HWF Juggernaut's Power Core vs H Revelations of Y'Shaarj?
    well, you can see how many stats you'll get from the upgrade and then just compare them..

Deleted
    For me I just gem up with mastery or exp/mastery gems and on my gear just keep the stats as they are. No reforging so some got haste and some got crit. I do reforge hit into either crit or haste but still try to balance. Works fine for me.

It's all about having a balance of all stats, get 15% hit and then stack whatever you have obv. Mastery is #1 but the other stats are great too.

How is everyone running with trinkets on a per fight basis? I've grown to despise Black blood on any fight with movement and swap it out for even my unupgraded totem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    How is everyone running with trinkets on a per fight basis? I've grown to despise Black blood on any fight with movement and swap it out for even my unupgraded totem.
    BBoY gives a slightly better opener on single target fights vs KTT I have seen it on some jugg/malk parses so it can be viable. I ran normal BBoY over flex KTT for awhile and as long as you can reliably get out two chaos bolts and immolate snapshot it's worth using it over KTT if it's a 8 ilvl difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvanis View Post
    I'm fairly sure that RoF only procs RPPMs as PBI procs on casts and the actual cast of RoF isnt hostile.
    My bindings have procced from pressing Soul Shatter ... that trinket just pisses me off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    My bindings have procced from pressing Soul Shatter ... that trinket just pisses me off
    tbh the UVLS made me more angry coz it was almost certain that you would get a proc during the transition, but the PBI is right up there.

Question about gear real quick. Im a destro lock, is it worth it to get 4 piece if im replacing my fully upgraded ordos helm and crafted 553 pants for non-upgraded normal tier helm and flex tier legs, or should I wait till next week so i can upgrade those pieces a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by marveson View Post
    Question about gear real quick. Im a destro lock, is it worth it to get 4 piece if im replacing my fully upgraded ordos helm and crafted 553 pants for non-upgraded normal tier helm and flex tier legs, or should I wait till next week so i can upgrade those pieces a bit.
    most likely yes, but you can sim it to confirm. the 4pc is a really big increase when used properly.

Quote Originally Posted by marveson View Post
    4pc gives you 15% crit with ~50% uptime (so avg out to 7.5%). Each % of crit is 600 points, so the set bonus is worth ~4,500 crit (arguably more since you snapshot immo's with it and you can get a CB off if you're going to cap soon). Compare the stat losses against that, and it's likely worth it.

I'd say it'd be worth it anyway just because the legs actually have static mastery on them unlike the crafted ones though. The 4pc is just a bonus.

EDIT: read two posts down, I'm dumb.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2014-07-11 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    4pc gives you 15% crit with ~50% uptime (so avg out to 7.5%). Each % of crit is 600 points, so the set bonus is worth ~4,500 crit (arguably more since you snapshot immo's with it and you can get a CB off if you're going to cap soon). Compare the stat losses against that, and it's likely worth it.

I'd say it'd be worth it anyway just because the legs actually have static mastery on them unlike the crafted ones though. The 4pc is just a bonus.
    It's nowhere near 50% uptime. More like 35%.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    It's nowhere near 50% uptime. More like 35%.
    ~3.1k crit @35% uptime. Looking at my logs it bounces around 30%-35%. My mistake >.< Forgot the ICD likes to come up in between embers instead of right before it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    It's more about the embers/trinket procs than it's actual damage. If timed right it can be 3 ticks to.
    I do not believe this would work well with the haste build though, as my RoF only lasts for 5 and change seconds.

Deleted
    Just began to look at warcraft logs again.
    It seems that the locks of the best guilds play Affliction from start to finish.

Is it because they are lazy and facerolling everything?

Or does affliction trump all other specs at highest ilvl?
    If so, at what ilvl should one switch?

Didn't look like that a few monthes ago.
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2014-07-15 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Just began to look at warcraft logs again.
    It seems that the locks of the best guilds play Affliction from start to finish.

Is it because they are lazy and facerolling everything?

Or does affliction trump all other specs at highest ilvl?
    If so, at what ilvl should one switch?

Didn't look like that a few monthes ago.
    Affliction has high burst and high RNG potential. Compared to Destro, it's better for very short encounters for those very reasons (in terms of parsing where consistency doesn't matter as much as high burst/RNG potential.

For extended fights, Destro's sustained beats out Aff.

Also, Destro doesn't scale as highly with top-end gear as Aff, but it starts with a higher base damage potential at lower gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    It's more about the embers/trinket procs than it's actual damage. If timed right it can be 3 ticks to.
    Just saying but as far as I know you don't gain any ember from using rain of fire on a single target

And a small delay on trinket procs is better (few seconds at least) because personally I start a fight with casting curse of elements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Just saying but as far as I know you don't gain any ember from using rain of fire on a single target

And a small delay on trinket procs is better (few seconds at least) because personally I start a fight with casting curse of elements.
    You should still precast both an Incinerate and an Immolate, then cast Curse of Elements.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

You gain approximately 2-3 emberbits per RoF on one target.

Has anyone noticed Flames of Xoroth doesn't work sometimes? It still costs an ember, I see the fire animation to summon my pet but... no pet is summoned. This happens maybe 20% of the time, which is significant even for an ability that is rarely used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Has anyone noticed Flames of Xoroth doesn't work sometimes? It still costs an ember, I see the fire animation to summon my pet but... no pet is summoned. This happens maybe 20% of the time, which is significant even for an ability that is rarely used.
    that usually happens after you've zoned out of an instance atleast to me.