Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoD and Dungeon Diffculty

Just got into BETA and rolled a Brewmaster Monk (can't copy from EU servers as of yet). From watching the streams and YT videos it seemed that the dungeons are going to be quite difficult but as I got into Slag Mines it turned out that they aren't really hard. My impression is that the thrash is actually harder than the bosses themselves. I was really hoping for WoD to bring back more difficult dungeons but it seems that I may still be disappointed. Any simmilar observations from you guys? Thoughts?

It's a normal mode leveling dungeon, and they haven't been tuned completely.

Try SMBG before making threads like this though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the tuning is absolutely not close to final in any part of the game. Let's return to this topic a bit later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    It's a normal mode leveling dungeon, and they haven't been tuned completely.

Try SMBG before making threads like this though.
    Why thats just as easy.

Half the pugs can't even kill the trash before 1st boss on SMBG so i dunno how you concluded it is just as easy. If anything for pugs which normal modes are aimed for it is mega overtuned.

Deleted
    You said it there PUGS with even a half capable group it's a walk in the park, Not sure the last time you did it but it's been nerfed a fair few times I think.

I just did it 5 times few mins ago and the group disbanded before even reaching the first boss all 5 times. Nothing has been nerfed in the instance, unless you mean when you did it with 60 ilvls more when the scaling was broken then yes it was easy. At the intended ilvl which is 600 it is quite demanding for randoms.

Deleted
    If you cute as a 90-92 you gear will be called up to what a lvl 100 will have...... kinda of.

My advise if you are testing the dungeon roll a lvl 100 on a pvp server. You will be in pvp gears but you'll get all the shiny lvl 100 talents.

The dungeons are very un-tuned at the moment but dispite that i found them fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppah View Post
    My advise if you are testing the dungeon roll a lvl 100 on a pvp server. You will be in pvp gears but you'll get all the shiny lvl 100 talents.
    And all the perks! Some perks give huge amount of power, while others are nearly worthless. At lower 90s you may have good perks or bad perks, it's random and it's really making an impact on your DPS/HPS/whatever.

Yeah, I kind of take it back with the difficulty. Did both the level 100 dungeons in the pvp gear and I have to admit they are quite demanding for pugs, especially those that fail to use interrupts and CC. UBRS is a tad easier imo but still, nice change from the laughable MoP difficulties.

The tuning doesn't really matter right now; we all should know that the end result will be:

Normals: Similar tuning to MoP heroics
    Heroics: Similar to Vortex Pinnacle Heroic in Cata
    Challenge Mode: Probably quite hard.

The biggest thing for me right now is the aesthetics; these dungeons look way better than the MoP and Cata dungeons.

Runs into LFR version of a dungeon, says it's too easy.

Wait for heroic mode and challenge mode before judging.

If Heroic modes turn out to be a mindless dungeon spam fest like MoP Heroics, I'm not going to bother with WoD.

Raiding stopped being worth my time since LFR leaving me with nothing but PvP, horribly unbalanced PvP.

Personally i think whatever difficulty these dungeons will have they will be nerfed sooner or later after the uproar of the people that won't be able to finish them. Just like it happens every time with both dungs and raids. Standard Blizzard policy. As for Challenge modes, i hate the sole idea of it. For me the difficulty of a dungeon should be measured in careful planning and CC and Challenge modes go in a totally different way with that. Sure, some people like the timing aspect but not me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by banadona View Post
    As for Challenge modes, i hate the sole idea of it. For me the difficulty of a dungeon should be measured in careful planning and CC and Challenge modes go in a totally different way with that. Sure, some people like the timing aspect but not me personally.
    Apparently WoD CM's are going to be much harder than MoP, so CC will become more important and overpulling (see Scarlet Halls 2nd boss) will be less prevalent. Who knows if they'll actually be that hard, but that's the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Raiding stopped being worth my time since LFR leaving me with nothing but PvP, horribly unbalanced PvP.
    you could also, you know, raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't judge difficulty until they balance numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    you could also, you know, raid.
    Why? To put in all that time and effort for recolored tier? Sry, takes a little more than that to keep me playing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Why? To put in all that time and effort for recolored tier? Sry, takes a little more than that to keep me playing.
    the time and effort is the reward.

I think having a basis in Vortex Pinnacle heroic is pretty much the ideal