Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Between the icons on the current frontpage post are two sets of 6 gems with jewelcrafting in the url, so the different color gems seem to still be in.
    The fact that Taladite is prismatic seems to suggest that socket bonuses are not gone, or gems must now match the socket color.

Just checked: there are actually *normal* Taladite cuts and *Greater* Taladite cuts. Normal are +12 of secondaries or stam and Greaters are +16.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    New info was released today on JC. Big list of stuff:

http://beta.wowdb.com/items?filter-search=Taladite

Three things I noticed: 1) The only gem I can find info on is Taladite, which according to the tooltip is produced by the Garrison, 2) There are only 6 total cuts, no hybrids and all gems are prismatic, 3) there are 6 epic ilvl 640 neck and ring patterns with random stat rolls, a ring and a neck for each of the three primary stats.

There are two interesting items though:

Taladite Amplifier
    Greater Taladite Amplifier
    I think the amplifers are for the neck and rings themselves because the "dyes" that can be made by Tailors and Leatherworkers are used to modify their items from 640 to 655 (normal version) or 655 to 665 (greater version).

Also note that the recrystalizer allows for the rerolling of secondary stats.

Just checked: there are actually *normal* Taladite cuts and *Greater* Taladite cuts. Normal are +12 of secondaries or stam and Greaters are +16.
    This one is somewhat confusing. Over on wowhead, the stat increases are different depending on your character's level. It's +120/+160 at lv 91+, +12/+16 at lv 61+ to 90 and +10/+12 from levels 1-60. The other stat increasing flasks and enchants are similar. I assume this is a place holder for how things scale with character levels, but that seems like a big jump from +16 to +160.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    I think the amplifers are for the neck and rings themselves because the "dyes" that can be made by Tailors and Leatherworkers are used to modify their items from 640 to 655 (normal version) or 655 to 665 (greater version).

Also note that the recrystalizer allows for the rerolling of secondary stats.

This one is somewhat confusing. Over on wowhead, the stat increases are different depending on your character's level. It's +120/+160 at lv 91+, +12/+16 at lv 61+ to 90 and +10/+12 from levels 1-60. The other stat increasing flasks and enchants are similar. I assume this is a place holder for how things scale with character levels, but that seems like a big jump from +16 to +160.
    The Amplifier items make me wonder, since they are getting rid of Valor, if they are moving the item upgrades to the crafting professions. Might be a tool tip error, or it may mean that eventually all the crafting professions will be able to make these, but they will have to use the gem that the Jewel crafting buildings produce, at the garrison, to make them. This will give other professions a reason to have a Gem Boutique (I think that is what the JC building is called) in their garrison.

As for the stats on the gem: if it is 160 stats on the gem at level 100 that would be in keeping with Blizzards desire to have fewer gems on gear but make them stronger.

At 160 rating per gem, using Haste as an example, at current values that would be 2% haste per gem slot.

Is the intent still there that gem sockets on gear will be random and rare? If so, since the gems provide straight-up improved stats, there's going to be a fairly substantial advantage to those fortunate with RNG over those not getting socketed gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Is the intent still there that gem sockets on gear will be random and rare? If so, since the gems provide straight-up improved stats, there's going to be a fairly substantial advantage to those fortunate with RNG over those not getting socketed gear.
    So far, yes. Sockets are tertiary stats can may roll on gear (similar to Warforged) and I don't think Blizzard has mentioned if there is a cap on tertiary stats. Can you imagine trying to re-run raids for not just the Heroic Warforged but Heroic Warforged Socketed of item XYZ?

However, I wonder if crafted gear could roll on these tertiary stats? It might improve the market for crafted armor with sockets.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

So, does Blacksmithing still have the adding sockets ability? That would seem absurdly powerful if so...

I cannot say that I'm looking forward to WoD's expanded dependence on RNG for gear.
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Okey dokey!"

So, does Blacksmithing still have the adding sockets ability? That would seem absurdly powerful if so...

I cannot say that I'm looking forward to WoD's expanded dependence on RNG for gear.
    No profession has any exclusive combat bonus now at all. JC specific gems are gone, Eng tinkers are gone, BS gem slots are gone, LW embossments are gone, tailoring cloak enchants are gone and enchanting had their ring enchants made open to all while losing the bulk of their possible enchantable slots.

No profession has any exclusive combat bonus now at all. JC specific gems are gone, Eng tinkers are gone, BS gem slots are gone, LW embossments are gone, tailoring cloak enchants are gone and enchanting had their ring enchants made open to all while losing the bulk of their possible enchantable slots.
    Yeah, I'd read that combat perks from professions were going away, but reading all that makes me wonder what the point is for any profession that's not Inscription, Alchemy, or Enchanting.

"Okey dokey!"

Yeah, I'd read that combat perks from professions were going away, but reading all that makes me wonder what the point is for any profession that's not Inscription, Alchemy, or Enchanting.
    They will be purely for personal enrichment or income, I'd wager. The Devs have been saying that they want to do away with "mandatory" professions for progression content. Now it will just be based on what profession has the stuff that sells best, which will fluctuate based on market activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will be purely for personal enrichment or income, I'd wager. The Devs have been saying that they want to do away with "mandatory" professions for progression content. Now it will just be based on what profession has the stuff that sells best, which will fluctuate based on market activity.
    That's a damn shame, especially if sockets become quite rare. Gems are probably a bit overly lucrative and have been for a long while but this still seems like a big hit.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    That's a damn shame, especially if sockets become quite rare. Gems are probably a bit overly lucrative and have been for a long while but this still seems like a big hit.
    Perhaps, but if I remember correctly, they said that on drops gems, along with tertiary stats and the "warforged" version of the gear would be about a 10% chance to have any of those three bonus', with it being about 1% chance to have all three on gear.

I think Gem slots will be more plentiful, economy wide, then we think at the moment. That also doesn't count any gear in the future that bliz may choose to have base gem slots on, like teir gear, that will give us a base number of slots once we hit raiding or rated pvp content.

I think we'll see:

Crafted gear - Random secondaries with a chance of the tertiary, warforge or gem slot procs
    Raid boss gear - Static secondaries with the already stated chance of tertiaries, warforge and gem slots
    Class pvp and raid sets - Static secondaries with some gem slots by default, but cannot roll tertiary or warforge versions.

Granted we haven't see much of the class sets but the set bonus' so that is just speculation.

Right, so flasks, enchants and glyphs will be the logical way to go as all three will always be needed and not be dependent on gear itemisation.
    There's not much point in being able to make something for which there is a roughly 10% demand when there are three professions that will have 100% demand.

"Okey dokey!"

Right, so flasks, enchants and glyphs will be the logical way to go as all three will always be needed and not be dependent on gear itemisation.
    There's not much point in being able to make something for which there is a roughly 10% demand when there are three professions that will have 100% demand.
    Except you aren't taking into account what it takes to make one gem cut.

The 120 stat gems are one Taladite crystal (material that just comes from the Gem Boutique and is BoP). The 160 stat gems take 10 and some herbs to craft.

We aren't looking at JC's being able to craft 50-200 gems a day, with people only being able to socket 3-5 across an entire gear set; we're looking at being able to craft 1-10 a day (and 10x I would estimate at being the high estimate), with people being able to socket 3-5 in an entire gear set.

Throw out all you know now about the availability of raw gems from MoP and before. 160 stat gems are going to be hard to come by for a while, along the lines of an Living steel belt buckle in patch 5.0-5.1 in Mists.

7+ Year Old Account
    There will be a LOT fewer gems. Gem sockets will not be nearly as common as they are now, so you won't have many. But, the gems you do have will have much more impact than a single gem does now.

new update on the front page today:

Taladite Crystal Jewelcrafting. 1.5 sec cast. Tools: Jeweler's Kit. Reagents: Blackrock Ore (20), True Iron Ore (10). Tools: Jeweler's Kit.
    Taladite Crystal Jewelcrafting. 1.5 sec cast. 1 sec cooldown. Tools: Jeweler's Kit. Reagents: Blackrock Ore (20), True Iron Ore (10). Tools: Jeweler's Kit.

Looks like JC's will be able to craft the taladites, not just get them from the gem building.

30 or for one gem seems pretty high. Right now a you can get a rare gem from every 10 ore prospected, usually. One gem every thirty gonna really slow down the production of gems early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    30 or for one gem seems pretty high. Right now a you can get a rare gem from every 10 ore prospected, usually. One gem every thirty gonna really slow down the production of gems early on.
    True but also consider that every garrison gets a mine at some point and if you happen to be a miner, you can actually mine nodes in your mine (if you don't have mining, you can still open crates that have ore in them).

So it's possible that you might be able to churn out enough ore by having enough garrisons with mines. Also if the stables lv 2 perk (allows you to interact with the world while remaining mounted) allows for mining while on a mount, that should be a nice boost in speed (no more dismounting, mine, remounting).
    ---

new update on the front page today:

Taladite Crystal Jewelcrafting. 1.5 sec cast. Tools: Jeweler's Kit. Reagents: Blackrock Ore (20), True Iron Ore (10). Tools: Jeweler's Kit.
    Taladite Crystal Jewelcrafting. 1.5 sec cast. 1 sec cooldown. Tools: Jeweler's Kit. Reagents: Blackrock Ore (20), True Iron Ore (10). Tools: Jeweler's Kit.

Looks like JC's will be able to craft the taladites, not just get them from the gem building.

Ore is a lot easier to come by in beta than it is even in live. Mobs drop bags that give ore, you have a mine in your Garrison that provides about 20-30 TI ore and 50-60 Blackrock Ore a day fully upgraded. This doesn't seem all that difficult.

Yes, but remember earlier in the patch cycle when they referenced the mats for the cut gems.

Uncommon cuts are going to be 1x taladite crystal.

Rare cuts are going to be 10x taladite crystals and a variable herb.

Rare cuts, each one, is going to be 200 Black rock ore and 100 true iron ore.

For every full stack (ore now stacks to 200) of black rock ore, and hopefully in the time you've picked up enough true iron as well, you'll be able to make one rare cut gem. One.

Deleted
    For every full stack (ore now stacks to 200) of black rock ore, and hopefully in the time you've picked up enough true iron as well, you'll be able to make one rare cut gem. One.
    That's fine though. From what I understand a typical raider might have only 2-3 gems slots on their entire gear set. Should make gems valuable again.