Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    That Bashiok twitter exchange is.. concerning. Those sound like the words of a dev team who are being pushed to hit a deadline they're struggling to hit. Perhaps every expansion is like that and they're always in a race against time but it's a bit worrying to see them openly admit they don't have time to do things they planned to do.
    I am no Bashiok fan by any means, but the person he was speaking with was an asshole and just pushing buttons, not even listening or thinking about the answers he was given, he seems to think it's so easy to make a game like most forum goers do.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    That Bashiok twitter exchange is.. concerning. Those sound like the words of a dev team who are being pushed to hit a deadline they're struggling to hit. Perhaps every expansion is like that and they're always in a race against time but it's a bit worrying to see them openly admit they don't have time to do things they planned to do.
    My thoughts as well.

I honestly wish they would just push the expansion back to do everything that they planned and mentioned in their Blizzcon panel. Looks like corporate is not going to let that happen.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2014-07-19 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    How are Death Knights supposed to see anything through that second helmet?
    are you kidding me? who cares? youre gonna want that first helmet anyways. and transmog it forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had a problem with them about this issue until now. I remember when it was first announced they said it was never their intention for Bladespire and Karabor to be the main factions hubs, they were just are starting area. Now Bashiok just confirmed that was a lie by telling us they changed direction out of time reasons. Which again to me at least makes no sense. If it were for time reasons why stop working on something that looks pretty finished to start from scratch elsewhere??

Seriously I don't mind the hubs being posted outside of Ashran, it makes sense somewhat to have us near the field of battle. My problem is the blatant lying, that's not cool and I think it's disrespectful to the consumer. Typically I can see why Blizzard does stuff, and I usually stick up for them but this really bugs me.

So Bashiok the ass pretty much confirms WoD is behind schedule/development given his comments about releasing it and scrapping awesome hubs for crappy new generic ones in a pvp zone more than half thier playerbase won't like since they don't pvp. Uh huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    My thoughts as well.

I honestly wish they would just push the expansion back to do everything that they planned and mentioned in their Blizzcon panel. Looks like corporate is not going to let that happen.
    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah sure pal, there is already a shit storm because it's taking so long, seriously you people need to get off Blizzards ass because they are against a wall and damned if they do damned if they don't, I swear LoL might have the most prickish community but WoW has single handed got the most self entitled, never happy with anything, know it all brat community.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

It never made any sense to me for explosive trap to have a knockback. I use the glyph because I want them standing in the fire and taking damage.

Man, I get that they'd like to be open about criticism and respond, but I would not have chosen that jerk-off. Every word he writes is just confrontational. There is literally nothing Bashiok or anyone could say that would make them reconsider their "Blizzard are lazy money-grubbers who'd rather rehash than innovate" stance.

Shouldn't even respond to asshats like that guy. Find someone who makes the same point (there are quite a few) without being an abrasive jerk, and respond to them.
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah sure pal, there is already a shit storm because it's taking so long, seriously you people need to get off Blizzards ass because they are against a wall and damned if they do damned if they don't, I swear LoL might have the most prickish community but WoW has single handed got the most self entitled, never happy with anything, know it all brat community.
    I totally agree 100% the WoW community of late has become the most toxic of all.. Once upon a time the WoW community was great but not now, as the bulk of the WoW community has become a bunch of self centered, self entitled, bratty douche bags..

Stupid, stupid, fucking stupid. The whining about these damn faction cities in WoD is getting downright ridiculous. All the devs should just tweet "NO MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT KARABOR/BLADESPIRE WILL BE ANSWERED BY ANY BLIZZARD DEV." (Perhaps an exaggeration, I know) Think critically for a second. These two iconic locations, huge parts of Warcraft lore, left open for use in future expansions, where we might actually be able to do some really cool shit there. Raids, dungeons, scenarios, possibly world events! Instead of a place where people go afk before their raid starts, or spam trade looking for 2s carries and YOLO RBGs, or troll with anal [random achievement/ability] idiocy. If these fucking pinheads can look past their own damn noses and get over their childish "but you PROMISED!!!" attitudes, maybe they will see that there is a chance for something greater to be added to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally who gives a sweet damn where the city is? Most people just troll trade in Org or SW while they wait for a queue to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    They should have had a separate team that would have made small content during this down time, while the core team worked on the expansion tbh. Also, people are very unforgiving and impatient... remember this is 10 levels, not 5... not to mention the art team is insanely busy doing new models AND everything else for the expansion.

WoD seems like the biggest expansion to date and one that is probably making them work overtime with ridiculous hours... yet all these mouth breathers sit on twitter all day and harass them.... disgusting.

Biggest expansion to date? LOLOLOLOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Why am i getting a feeling that Wod isn't going to be successful sellout/rush product cata 2.0 everyone? SoO is out of 10 months and godfucking damn it.. I need something to do? Oh i do know all about the "outside" you guys are talking about but seriously.... we are game starving dry right now. Don't care about lol, don't care about wildsuck, Hell there's probably nothing to do expect giving eggs to my gf and keep my gene up and see how my kids do in future gaming.. ok maybe not gaming :3

You produce eggs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    What the hell takes "months of art time" to make in Karabor/Bladespire?! All art assets are already done, the cities themselves are already in-game, what the fudge is needed to be created besides a bunch of NPCs?

Exactly! It's not like the shrines were a master piece. City hubs are just places of convenience where everyone can congregate.

I really don't see the issue.

Unless they're wanting to save these places for something else in the future and don't want to waste a potential patch on a city hub losing some future content they have planned. I don't know.

Would be cool at some point if we could just retake Shattrath for good and turn that back into a city hub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cathryn View Post
    My guess here is that the Garrisons ended up taking a lot more art time than they originally anticipated. Perhaps original concepts were designed, even in-game, and scrapped. This seems very possible, given the fact that we were originally going to be able to pick where our Garrison would be. It's definitely possible that they had gone fairly far down that road artistically before they decided that option didn't make sense for the game (or maybe THAT would take too much art time). It's unfortunate, but I don't think we're being snowballed on this specific issue.

That being said, we have plenty of reason to be frustrated. The lack of content is driving us all a bit batty.

I haven't gotten to spend as much time with the alpha/beta as I'd like, but I do like what I've seen so far. That much is reassuring to me.

It's especially disappointing thinking that Garrisons could have put everything so much more behind schedule when you consider the fact that they will probably be main features of this expansion and then forgotten or never updated again. I could be wrong, it may be different. If it stays around I see it sticking around because they find a way to incorporate cash shop items into it. But even at that, they still don't seem like something that would take a team of people that have been designing games for 10 years months upon months to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    So when devs make a stupid change you think they prefer no feedback? Regardless if you consider it to be whining or not.

We should whine about it.. especially considering we're going from a god damn Orc raid in MoP to even more Orc raids in WoD and we get to enjoy our slack time in either a quickly put together Orc centered faction hub OR our very own Orc garrison... I'd be less annoyed by this entire change if it wasn't yet another Orc camp but something from ANY of the other races. I can only imagine Alliance people getting fed up with human camps everywhere they go aswel.

Karabor/Bladespire would've been a nice change of scenery and it's worth whining about tbh.
    No, you shouldn't whine about it. Whining is NEVER a good thing.

Constructive feedback, critical or positive, is useful. As is knowing the reasons for a change, and knowing how to ask questions in a polite and inquisitive manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Biggest expansion to date? LOLOLOLOL.
    Disprove the assertion rather then 'loling' as a responce.

WoD seems to have a huge amount of content in the works. Just because it lacks a new playable race or class doesn't mean its not a huge expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    Man, I get that they'd like to be open about criticism and respond, but I would not have chosen that jerk-off. Every word he writes is just confrontational. There is literally nothing Bashiok or anyone could say that would make them reconsider their "Blizzard are lazy money-grubbers who'd rather rehash than innovate" stance.

Shouldn't even respond to asshats like that guy. Find someone who makes the same point (there are quite a few) without being an abrasive jerk, and respond to them.
    Very much in agreement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKarras View Post
    Stupid, stupid, fucking stupid. The whining about these damn faction cities in WoD is getting downright ridiculous. All the devs should just tweet "NO MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT KARABOR/BLADESPIRE WILL BE ANSWERED BY ANY BLIZZARD DEV." (Perhaps an exaggeration, I know) Think critically for a second. These two iconic locations, huge parts of Warcraft lore, left open for use in future expansions, where we might actually be able to do some really cool shit there. Raids, dungeons, scenarios, possibly world events! Instead of a place where people go afk before their raid starts, or spam trade looking for 2s carries and YOLO RBGs, or troll with anal [random achievement/ability] idiocy. If these fucking pinheads can look past their own damn noses and get over their childish "but you PROMISED!!!" attitudes, maybe they will see that there is a chance for something greater to be added to the game.
    Yep. Potentially both locations are now freed up for more usage as actual content - dungeons, raids, questchains, etc. Plus if the Vale was a proof of concept, potentially Draenor's landscape can change over time...

Plus we can still AFK there while waiting for queues. No biggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Disprove the assertion rather then 'loling' as a responce.

WoD seems to have a huge amount of content in the works. Just because it lacks a new playable race or class doesn't mean its not a huge expansion.
    Why? They never listed why they believed WoD is the biggest expansion to date.

But let's see. What ARE we getting?

Stat squish, new stats.
    Garrisons.
    New continent and 10 levels.
    Gear tech.

Am I missing something? Oh, and character models which have been advertised as a feature since day 1 but will come for free in a patch regardless of whether you purchase the expansion. As with the stat squish. So I don't really count those in terms of expansion features.

They do still take dev time though, so I'll give you that in terms of what's taking so long.

Ashran. Not followed it too closely but we had Wintergrasp in Wrath and Isle in Cataclysm so I fail to see how it's some huge deal. I feel like it's going to be a bit of a flop once everything gets out. Or something they just keep having to go back and work on.

The new continent and a few dungeons/raids/raid difficulty is stuff that they should have a pretty good process down for making at this point so I doubt they're struggling on that front.

Gear tech they probably had a pretty decent idea how to do, as with the new rares due to these being implemented at least a little bit on Timeless Isle between tokens that adjust to your spec.

Oh, I finally remembered what I'm missing that makes this the biggest expansion to date!!!!

Thrall is getting ANOTHER model update! We lost 2 raid tiers but we got the newest addition of popped collar Thrall added to the game. Why should we give Yriel a completely unique model when we could just slap on a few custom features and let Thrall have some more time in the spotlight? Yessssss!

Ah Blizzards old "We release games when they are ready" motto is fading away.

They really harped on about that for years, using it to identify themselves as different to other game studios, they would never rush a product, they weren't scared of pushing deadlines back, even by years, even cutting a game entirely.

Seems now they are doing everything they can to meet a deadline, even when it means questioning quality and content.

Sad.

Seems they screwed themselves over with such early pre-orders and a legal date attached to it.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2014-07-19 at 06:17 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something's wrong at Blizzard and it seems to be affecting their productivity quite a bit.
    I didn't believe it at first, but it seems they're making some big, wrong decisions and are lacking the capability to complete some of the things they set out to do. I understand a game changes during development too and I've definetly taken that into consideration, but I still think that somethings not working well at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Something's wrong at Blizzard and it seems to be affecting their productivity quite a bit.
    I didn't believe it at first, but it seems they're making some big, wrong decisions and are lacking the capability to complete some of the things they set out to do. I understand a game changes during development too and I've definetly taken that into consideration, but I still think that somethings not working well at Blizzard.
    Just check out the reviews on glassdoor.com: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Bli...ews-E24858.htm

A common thread seems to be a lack of strong management, no room for advancement or advancement unfarily rewarded, and lower than average pay.
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Why? They never listed why they believed WoD is the biggest expansion to date.

But let's see. What ARE we getting?

Stat squish, new stats.
    Garrisons.
    New continent and 10 levels.
    Gear tech.

Am I missing something? Oh, and character models which have been advertised as a feature since day 1 but will come for free in a patch regardless of whether you purchase the expansion. As with the stat squish. So I don't really count those in terms of expansion features.
    Yes, you are missing something. WoD is the expansion that is actually bringing in new character models and the stat squish. Without WoD, you wouldnt have those items so regardless of how you view it, they are still part of 6.0 and given out to every previous expansion for free. Count em.

Also noteworthy is the stat squish affects every aspect of the game from vanilla to Warlords. It's not just a Warlords stat squish or character model.

Ashran. Not followed it too closely but we had Wintergrasp in Wrath and Isle in Cataclysm so I fail to see how it's some huge deal. I feel like it's going to be a bit of a flop once everything gets out. Or something they just keep having to go back and work on.
    This is still new content nonetheless and they've learned from history and put a lot of emphasis on this much like Wintergrasp v2.0 (ignore the Cata pvp zone).

The new continent and a few dungeons/raids/raid difficulty is stuff that they should have a pretty good process down for making at this point so I doubt they're struggling on that front.
    Agreed mostly. They've only had an expansion to get the "process down" though so there's still a learning curve, esp tied into the stat squish.

Gear tech they probably had a pretty decent idea how to do, as with the new rares due to these being implemented at least a little bit on Timeless Isle between tokens that adjust to your spec.
    Indifferent here. Not seeing this point you are making. It's a side note and not a real feature so maybe that supports your general argument.

Oh, I finally remembered what I'm missing that makes this the biggest expansion to date!!!!

Thrall is getting ANOTHER model update! We lost 2 raid tiers but we got the newest addition of popped collar Thrall added to the game. Why should we give Yriel a completely unique model when we could just slap on a few custom features and let Thrall have some more time in the spotlight? Yessssss!
    Ignoring this troll comment since we all know modelers and texture artists for 1 model dont equate to missing entire raid tiers involving many different departments.

Lets not forget all of the different tier sets require a much larger art department. Not many comments have been pointing this out but there have always been complaints about not enough differentiation or variation from tier sets. PVP simply gets a recolored blah blah. That hasnt been the case this current expansion and WoD is adding on to that complexity in different tier models by giving the highest tier raiding a new and unique look.

Garrisons is going to be a large part of your WoD gaming too. Extra bonus roll in raids? I hardly doubt raiders (non LFR) will ignore that aspect.

Whether or not this is the biggest expansion we wont know until it's over but you certainly dont look at it with a clear mind. Besides, who says they've told us everything (like the tech behind network coding to make the game feel responsive)?

WoD would be out already with all the things that they promised if Blizzard didn't waste their people on Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by lichee View Post

Ignoring this troll comment since we all know modelers and texture artists for 1 model dont equate to missing entire raid tiers involving many different departments.

Lets not forget all of the different tier sets require a much larger art department. Not many comments have been pointing this out but there have always been complaints about not enough differentiation or variation from tier sets. PVP simply gets a recolored blah blah. That hasnt been the case this current expansion and WoD is adding on to that complexity in different tier models by giving the highest tier raiding a new and unique look.

Garrisons is going to be a large part of your WoD gaming too. Extra bonus roll in raids? I hardly doubt raiders (non LFR) will ignore that aspect.

Whether or not this is the biggest expansion we wont know until it's over but you certainly dont look at it with a clear mind. Besides, who says they've told us everything (like the tech behind network coding to make the game feel responsive)?

Troll comment? I guess I should have put a disclaimer that it was a joke. I forget that people conveniently leave their sense of humor at the door as soon as they enter these forums and decide to take everything literally in hopes it will further help them in an unnecessary debate.

>

But anyway. I'm not so sure that the drastic differences between raid difficulty item appearances are really an appreciated change though. Just the difference between normal and mythic is insane. Has most of the player base been asking for heroic/mythic raiders to have better looking gear than everyone else? Those people make up a fragment of the player base. I for one didn't ask for them to do more than just a recolor of each tier set for each difficulty, and I definitely didn't ask them to add a couple more gates before I get to my favorite gear set.

I can't speak for the majority, but I don't think Blizzard is really concerned about the majority either judging by this new tier model.

And as to the new models and stat squish in 6.0 and being part of the expansion. They've said they were going to do it for two expansions now. I'm not pleased with the fact that they decided to push it off and start it as a selling point of an expansion instead of releasing them over the course of an expansion or in a separate patch. I would think most other people wouldn't be pleased with it either, especially when it's not even guaranteed that we will get them all at launch and when they've been presumably one of the biggest development feats of the expansion as opposed to other things such as a new race, or a new class, or more dungeons, or more zones, or whatever the case may be.

Either way, it's all just my opinion and you can argue as much as you'd like. I'm not going to pretend I know what goes on at Blizzard or what the development process is like, and I'm also not going to repeatedly praise them or defend them as if they're the Jesus of the gaming industry. I'm just another customer with another opinion, and found it amusing that someone said this was the largest expansion to date when I can't personally find a single thing to validate that claim.