Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Curious On Buying the PS4 or Xbox One

I've been curious as of lately of possibly buying a PS4 or X1 and was wondering if any fellow gamers on here could give me their two cents on the console and their experiences with the consoles.

As it stands the big thing that has me some what torn between the two is obviously exclusives. Graphics, while important, aren't a huge selling point for me mainly because if I want that I'll play on the PC, but for the exclusives that I can't touch, I don't want to really miss out on. Now in my experience I've always had more fun with my Xbox. Halo is quiet possibly a franchise I enjoy, and let alone Microsoft first introduced me to Mass Effect. While with SONY there's been few games I've truly loved (and the 90s are long but over) I felt with my PS3 that Last of Us and Journey is what really felt worth while.

The other big thing is Destiny, again, Bungie is a studio I enjoy and Destiny has me intrigued, problem is they've been incredibly hush hush, with only 1 tiny rumor that it may come to the PC, but in no time soon.

Obviously $400-500, to me at least, is a big investment into a piece of entertainment that may or may not be played if the games are stagnate on either console, which seems to be a troubling issue I'm seeing with both consoles, with too many toting around 3rd party games, rather then 1st party. With E3 just being over all "meh", besides Destiny, I just am trying to really see which would bring me more bang for my buck.

Thanks in advance for thoughts, and please keep things civil.

Go where your friends are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Xbox ONE, Lots more fun!

microsoft has very few exclusives.

sony will get virtually all the games microsoft gets and if you have a pc most of the "exclusives" xbox will end up having will end up on pc (see dead rising 3)

unless you are really into halo theres really no reason to get an xbox. especially if you like jrpgs since the xbox barely even exists in japan so 90% of jrpgs just end up being sony exclusive because porting it over to xbox just isnt worth the investment.

also to note BOTH consoles will have a bit of a drought of games for about a year but every generation has shown that sony always ends up on top of microsoft in exclusives while xbox tends to just sit on halo and gears of war.

i also highly suggest a wiiu, its roster of games has really built up lately and theres lots of good games on the way for it. if you dont have a wiiu already i really suggest picking one up.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally the same. Xbone has live though which has a yearly fee.

Also I think the PS4 is able to cram slightly more arm hairs on NPCs and run slightly faster to the point you wont even notice.

Then again, sure the last gen systems were also similar, but the 360 didn't get wrecked by Skyrim while the PS3 could hardly handle that game... in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Go where your friends are.
    This is the best answer you're going to get. If you want biased and sometimes inane opinions on what to get, you've reached the right place. Objectively speaking both consoles have their pros and cons, but going where your friends are is always the best option in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Then again, sure the last gen systems were also similar, but the 360 didn't get wrecked by Skyrim while the PS3 could hardly handle that game... in 2011.
    Meanwhile, the PS3 had exclusives that looked better then anything on the 360 in God of War 3/Ascension, The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 and 3, Beyond: Two Souls, and had the superior versions of L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3 and GTAV from a 3rd party once rockstar properly ported RAGE over to the cell.

It helps when you know how to develop for the system. When used properly the cell left the 360 in the dust, it was really hard to achieve that power at first though.

To the OP, look up the exclusive IPs coming out on both systems in the next 2 years and make your decision. That is the biggest difference between the two, people can say go play with your friends, well if your friends enjoy different exclusives then you you miss out on potential games you want to play just to play with them. Bad advice IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    I've been curious as of lately of possibly buying a PS4 or X1 and was wondering if any fellow gamers on here could give me their two cents on the console and their experiences with the consoles.

As it stands the big thing that has me some what torn between the two is obviously exclusives. Graphics, while important, aren't a huge selling point for me mainly because if I want that I'll play on the PC, but for the exclusives that I can't touch, I don't want to really miss out on. Now in my experience I've always had more fun with my Xbox. Halo is quiet possibly a franchise I enjoy, and let alone Microsoft first introduced me to Mass Effect. While with SONY there's been few games I've truly loved (and the 90s are long but over) I felt with my PS3 that Last of Us and Journey is what really felt worth while.

The other big thing is Destiny, again, Bungie is a studio I enjoy and Destiny has me intrigued, problem is they've been incredibly hush hush, with only 1 tiny rumor that it may come to the PC, but in no time soon.

Obviously $400-500, to me at least, is a big investment into a piece of entertainment that may or may not be played if the games are stagnate on either console, which seems to be a troubling issue I'm seeing with both consoles, with too many toting around 3rd party games, rather then 1st party. With E3 just being over all "meh", besides Destiny, I just am trying to really see which would bring me more bang for my buck.

Thanks in advance for thoughts, and please keep things civil.
    What's wrong with your computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Meanwhile, the PS3 had exclusives that looked better then anything on the 360 in God of War 3/Ascension, The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 and 3, Beyond: Two Souls, and had the superior versions of L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3 and GTAV from a 3rd party once rockstar properly ported RAGE over to the cell.

It helps when you know how to develop for the system. When used properly the cell left the 360 in the dust, it was really hard to achieve that power at first though.
    I blame Bugethsda

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the PS4 just so I can play KH3 :P

Quote Originally Posted by sats View Post
    I got the PS4 just so I can play KH3 :P
    Wait, you bought the ps4 for a non exclusive game that isn't coming out for 3 or more years? Surely I hope you had other reasons...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdom hearts 3..... is like half life 3..... or fallout 4...... enjoy the wait

Wait, you bought the ps4 for a non exclusive game that isn't coming out for 3 or more years? Surely I hope you had other reasons...
    look we all know that kh3 being on the xbox is a one time thing. if it wasnt 1.5 and 2.5 would also be on the 360 instead of being ps3 exclusives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Kingdom hearts 3..... is like half life 3..... or fallout 4...... enjoy the wait
    nah they release dev posts about it every month or so. from the screenshots looks like they are making good progress on it
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I say Xbox, since the Master Chief Collection will drop this holiday.

Depends on what you want from your consoles.From my pov ps4:More focused on games.xboxone more focused on media.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    What's wrong with your computer?
    There's nothing wrong with my computer at all. It's mainly exclusive games that a PC owner can not play. While I do agree gaming on the PC is best, there is no denying that there are console games that are great that a PC owner will more then likely never play on the PC. I'm a gamer at heart, which means as long as I'm having fun with what I purchase is all that matters.

For the other input that has been given I do agree going where friends are is the most important thing, and for the most part many of those have been on the Xbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick a console based on:
    A) Friends
    B) Exclusives

For crossplatforms go with the MASTERRACE
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    look we all know that kh3 being on the xbox is a one time thing. if it wasnt 1.5 and 2.5 would also be on the 360 instead of being ps3 exclusives.

- - - Updated - - -

nah they release dev posts about it every month or so. from the screenshots looks like they are making good progress on it
    FFXHD isn't on the 360 either even after 3 FF games where, as well as 2 upcoming ones are on the XBONE. Your logic is bad.

KH3 isn't even in full development yet, and won't be until FF15 is done. LOL@making good progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS4. As has been said, MOST of the games that are exclusive to Xbox One will also come out on PC. Most of Sony's won't.

I personally will be getting both, just a matter of time. But the PS4 will be first, largely because most of my friends will be playing on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

FFXHD isn't on the 360 either even after 3 FF games where, as well as 2 upcoming ones are on the XBONE. Your logic is bad.

KH3 isn't even in full development yet, and won't be until FF15 is done. LOL@making good progress.
    final fantasy games stand on their own.

you arent going to understand shit if you havent played every single kingdom hearts game (except maybe re:coded)

your logic is bad. kingdom hearts is very different from final fantasy. and yes it is in full development the dev team for kh3 and ff15 are two seperate teams