Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Scarlet Monastery Double Healer?

So I've noticed a few really fast SM CM times that run Rdruid Disc (along with arms warrior and rogue but I think I know what those are for). Can anyone explain what strategy these people are running, or at least hint at what mechanic you can possibly cheese with this? I've been looking at videos but I haven't found any with this particular method. Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    So I've noticed a few really fast SM CM times that run Rdruid Disc (along with arms warrior and rogue but I think I know what those are for). Can anyone explain what strategy these people are running, or at least hint at what mechanic you can possibly cheese with this? I've been looking at videos but I haven't found any with this particular method. Thanks in advance!
    Aren't those with a DK tank abusing the control undead trash @first boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys!

My friend was on the team that did this. Basically you used 2 healers so the druid could symb the priest, so you would have 2 grips+ deathgrip for the large add so it would basically explode the rest of the mobs in the instance. Rogues/warriors help build up stacks quickly with throw. hope this helped.
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

Quote Originally Posted by Cantofish View Post
    Hey guys!

My friend was on the team that did this. Basically you used 2 healers so the druid could symb the priest, so you would have 2 grips+ deathgrip for the large add so it would basically explode the rest of the mobs in the instance. Rogues/warriors help build up stacks quickly with throw. hope this helped.
    Thanks for this! This is what I was looking for. Also is it possible to run 2 ghosts through? (DK and priest each take one with the druid healing and then priest dropping the add before a big pull?). Or would the time lost by building stacks on both ghosts not be made up by killing two adds in the time it took to kill one?

Deleted
    There is no point in MCing 2 ghosts. It would take more than 2 times longer, and for roughtly the same effect (considering that the add is pretty much one-shotting everything).

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SotqpfymHys

This is how its done with that tactic.

Please don't use this tactic.

Note: This is not my video just some random grp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyzio View Post
    Who would possibly do that? xD
    I wonder that too x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Kassina View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SotqpfymHys

This is how its done with that tactic.

Note: This is not my video just some random grp
    What did they use the second ghost for? Haven't noticed it doing much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What did they use the second ghost for? Haven't noticed it doing much.
    They stack it high enough so it cant move (or well reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly slow) so they will keep in combat. If you are in combat the pet will remain big. Else they cant grip it around and stuff.

Why not though? It's not exploitative and is actually quite clever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Why not though? It's not exploitative and is actually quite clever.
    Well often to beat a team that have used that tactic you cant run with your normal setup. And that means that some groups maybe doesn't have the classes available n stuff so its kinda unfair in that way i think but obv if you want to go for it! Monk in there will rape more then that pet tho!

Sure its clever, but no one in my group wanted to do it the cheesy way because they want CM Score on mains ^^

Well often to beat a team that have used that tactic you cant run with your normal setup. And that means that some groups maybe doesn't have the classes available n stuff so its kinda unfair in that way i think but obv if you want to go for it! Monk in there will rape more then that pet tho!

Sure its clever, but no one in my group wanted to do it the cheesy way because they want CM Score on mains ^^
    That's lame reasoning. Ultra lame actually. Just because you don't have the set up doesn't mean it's not fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    That's lame reasoning. Ultra lame actually. Just because you don't have the set up doesn't mean it's not fair.
    I can get the set up, I got a better time then the people who did it on my server without that setup so.

10+ Year Old Account

There's nothing fair about competitive CMs though - any class/spec can get golds, but if you want to compete for realm/region/world best times, then you are far more limited. Certain classes/specs are just much better than others in that regard so I wouldn't say this is a big deal.

Well often to beat a team that have used that tactic you cant run with your normal setup.
    The fastest times don't even use this strat. It's just an easy way to get a decent time.

Sure, it's cheesy, but you can beat them with the standard comp (BrM, Disc, Mage/Lock/Ele/Hunter) quite handily.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The fastest times don't even use this strat. It's just an easy way to get a decent time.

Sure, it's cheesy, but you can beat them with the standard comp (BrM, Disc, Mage/Lock/Ele/Hunter) quite handily.
    This is correct, in that the world best times right now run a normal comp. However this strat can get more than a decent time (as I'm sure you know squirl, since you guys had to compete against Mes' time a few weeks ago). It just depends on if you have competent players playing those specs. If you have a great blood dk, rdruid, and disc priest, but your ele/mage/lock/hunter/BrM are weaker players, you can probably get a far faster time cheesing it than trying to use the world best strategy and executing it poorly (which is a problem for people like me that are competing for realm times and not US best or world best).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I know the current world holders use a normal setup, It didn't use to be like that tho.
    What i know the US best time is still Cheesy DK tactic ;D Doesn't US have good Monk teams or what is up with that?

Deleted
    Yeah I know the current world holders use a normal setup, It didn't use to be like that tho.
    What i know the US best time is still Cheesy DK tactic ;D Doesn't US have good Monk teams or what is up with that?
    Think nerfthus group stopped playing

DK's certainly arent he most ideal class for pushing world first times. But for US, they will suffice. There really is no competition for CMs at the highest level in US with Nerf's group stopping.