Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Gryphon Model of flight paths.

They made a new model of the gryphons that sit next to the flight master.
    In my opinion they need to make this the new one everywhere with a gryphon, it is so much better then the old one!

(Soz if the video lags a bit!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Cute. They should add eggs underneath when it gets up to stretch!

I still cant believe they stuck the new models behind a rep.

Same model as the Grand Armored Gryphon from the "PvP" quests in Krasarang.
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Next time before making a thread try to at least have a reasonable discussion topic and not use this forum to rant about simple matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Iocus View Post
    I still cant believe they stuck the new models behind a rep.
    Er... What?

Also what eja216 said. It'd be nice if they upgrade the basic gryphon to that model but followed the armor colors and such. It's like the wind riders. The old models look sooooo bad compared to the Krasarang ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Er... What?

Also what eja216 said. It'd be nice if they upgrade the basic gryphon to that model but followed the armor colors and such. It's like the wind riders. The old models look sooooo bad compared to the Krasarang ones.
    He ment that you can only get the new models from the 5.1 reputation faction.

And yeah, i kinda hoped for that they used these new models for the old ones, but i guess it's to late for that for the gryphons.
    Maybe the flight paths do have hope though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool model. What zone music is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    Cool model. What zone music is that?
    I actually added it in myself, the track is called: "The Foundry" (1 of the new Warlords of Draenor Soundtracks of course!)

Oh great, now I can be reminded each time I use a flight path that "hey, you have this mount too, but you can't use it for flying, because FUCK YOU LOL! BY THE WAY, THIS IS TECHNICALLY USING FLYING TO OVERCOME "CHALLENGES" BUT IT DOESN'T BREAK IMMERSION AT ALL!".

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Oh great, now I can be reminded each time I use a flight path that "hey, you have this mount too, but you can't use it for flying, because FUCK YOU LOL! BY THE WAY, THIS IS TECHNICALLY USING FLYING TO OVERCOME "CHALLENGES" BUT IT DOESN'T BREAK IMMERSION AT ALL!".
    Are you bitter? I think you're bitter.

Don't use flight paths and you won't be reminded, friend. =)

Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    Ok that's like saying someone who lost a leg not to look at their legs so he doesn't get reminded he lost one

OT: Nor a good or bad change, everyone goes AFk in flightpath anyway, yet that doesn't kill the inmersion according to blizz but regular flying mounts do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

That's brilliant! I was hoping they were going to use the new Gryphon models for flight paths! This Wildhammer Dwarf is very happy!

Hooray for having fucked up priorities.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Ok that's like saying someone who lost a leg not to look at their legs so he doesn't get reminded he lost one
    You can do everything you ever did with your flying mounts. Go use them anywhere!
    Have you ever used them in Draenor? No? Then nobody is taking anything away from you.

In wotlk it was the same, except you rode the regular gryphon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    That's like telling someone that doesn't want to use flying mounts because they think it ruins immersion to just use ground mounts.

because apparently that just can't be done.

C wut I did thar?

Anyway... looks neat. Though honestly, the new model of gryphon has that one little flappy part on the leading edge of its wing that bugs me when it flies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    In wotlk it was the same, except you rode the regular gryphon.
    You know you could ride flying mounts before max level in WotLK, right?

In fact, you kind of had to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Nor a good or bad change, everyone goes AFk in flightpath anyway, yet that doesn't kill the inmersion according to blizz but regular flying mounts do...
    Apparently, they either operate on an "all or nothing" immersion level... either you're "immersed" in fighting off every pedantic mob that looks at you funny, or you're AFKed/potentially watching fun stuff and rare spawns streak by underneath you you couldn't engage even if you wanted to for minutes at a time on complete, unalterable autopilot. Anything in between is just... untenable, apparently.

Because reasons.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Hooray for having fucked up priorities.
    Yeah, cause I heard it was a very high priority.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

I thought the alliance flight paths were faerie dragons. Did they change them to gryphons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I thought the alliance flight paths were faerie dragons. Did they change them to gryphons?
    Why would Faerie dragons be on Draenor? Did we ever get a concrete answer on that?

Gryphons make sense because they're your traditional Alliance flying mounts. Hippogryphs would fill in for any Night Elf bases. But it would seem to me that, if they were going for new flight path creatures, they should do something relevant to Draenor... like Nether Rays, or Spore bats.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.