Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    i've seen drakedog crit 9k... then they nerfed the zul gurub trinket... but 1v1 at level 60 there was no one shotting or two shotting :3

blue items was supposed to be unique, superior... better than green which was supposed to be "uncommon"... nowdays it feels like
    Legendary is Epic
    Epic is Rare
    Rare is Uncommon
    Uncommon is Common
    Not only were one and two shots normal when you encountered a mage (who only needed to clear ZG and up to the second boss of MC) back in the day:

You can also find many compilations of this ridiculous power mages had for most part of the super awesome best game ever vanilla.

OP: I know what you mean, I felt the same way.

Now, after a pretty long break (over a year I think), I can see more clearly. Or should I say, without nostalgia goggles.

I think we can't get the old feeling back, if nothing else, cause everything was new, unfamiliar and seemed HUGE (no flying, remember).

However, I think 2 things could get better:

1) Epics should feel epic, not like "legendary are new epic" like someone said. (Though, how likely this would happen, not sure -.-)

2) From when I played, community and players have gotten worse. As people(players), being rude, have no patience (i.e. 1 wipe and they leave), treating others as if they were pixels and not human beings.
    Other thing is that all of us got so used to the game, we kinda want everything - right now! And if we get everything in like 1 week, how are we suppose to enjoy the game?

We rush ingame things and kinda chase the end game, only to not truly reach it and enjoy, thus the rush kills the fun.

Just remember when all was new. You could do 1 quest for an hour and have fun. You could wipe 20+ times before getting the boss and have fun.

And now? If it's not RIGHT NOW, then screw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also find many compilations of this ridiculous power mages had for most part of the super awesome best game ever vanilla.
    I don't see a difference between now and then. Sure you don't get oneshotted in a single hit today, but you get fucked like a boss within 3 seconds by certain classes.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I don't see a difference between now and then. Sure you don't get oneshotted in a single hit today, but you get fucked like a boss within 3 seconds by certain classes.
    like i said in my original post... the game is "balanced" though Frost Mages has pretty much never been nerfed though all other classes has, imo... a good mage > anything. i always felt like that... mages has always been too OP imo...

10+ Year Old Account
    That is an impressive wall of bitching and wallowing in nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    it will never be. Blizzard no longer tries to make the best game possible, they now try to make as much money as possible. big difference.

apologists telling me they are a company in 3.. 2.. 1..

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW will never be WoW again, for the same reasons that we will never have HL3.

Devs are scattered to the winds and greed. Let's be honest.

I think the thing that sparked your passion for WoW came from knowing nothing about this enormous game and universe.

When I first started playing it (middle of BC) it was like crack. There seemed to be SO much stuff to explore and do and so many races and factions and classes and so much stuff to love and enjoy.

But then as time passed and the community grew, and websites sprouted like flippin daisies that mapped out everything about the game, it became smaller and smaller, easier to digest, and... fast forward to the end of MoP, that spark is greatly diminished. Not gone, no, you'd be lying to yourself if you say that. Clearly you still have fond memories of your experiences, you care enough to create this topic and engage the community in an attempt to put on those rose tinted goggles and discuss the game, and you're probably still subscribed. (I didn't read your entire intro post, it was way too long and your grammar and format made my head hurt.)

This late in the game's life, we're all fortunate that it still lives at all. Most older MMOs have gone free to play, if they haven't died altogether. It is literally impossible for WoW to bring back that sense of wonder and awe that snagged you in the first place. You've seen it all. You'll consume all that new WoD content eagerly, and then probably make another post like this. What you should try to do is acknowledge that fact, and either move on from WoW for a couple years, or try something new in the game. If you're a raider, try retiring from that and getting involved in PVP, or even RP. Personally, I got tired of the game back in Cata and decided to try RP. If I hadn't done that, I would've been done with the game back then.

*shrug*

You are probably gonna be nostalgia bombed...

But yeah i agree, never have wow been so boring as it has now. PVP has a decent skillfloor, but on the other hand most classes is just button bash atm.

And yeah they key fun parts in wow was:

Epic gear was EPIC
    Attunements was fun as it was part of progress!
    Old content was viable no matter how many months/year passed. Like we see anyone today bother raiding MAX 1 tier below.
    No snowflake items =/

Alot of people are gonna piss and whine over they cant get the same as others with work and sheit.
    Some people looked at others in near perfect gear and thought to themselves. MEH I SHOULD HAVE THAT GEAR TO FOR 1/4'th THE EFFORT.

While some of us looked at them with admiration! And thought to ourselves, one day thats gonna be me.

I cant remember the last time i was stoked/excited about getting a epic loot.
    Cant remember the last time i enjoyed an arena.
    Kinda pissed off they removed titles from 2v2 aswell.
    IF anything they could have just make it harder to get to the top %. And maybe remove r1 title from the bracket....

Personally 2v2 can be a drag, especially in MoP...
    But damn i had tons of interresting matches in tbc / wotlk.

And the reasoning to removing was that it was to hard to balance...
    Like 3v3 is balanced...
    THINK ABOUT IT, in a season its always the same combos that dominate ladders...
    ATM its LSD/LSD2 etc etc.

And finally and foremost its a game, its digital reward, its a digital mount/title.
    Why have a bracket that is pointless to play...
    Now its just for boosting peoples cap / capping yourself.

Me and 6 irl mates all started in vanilla/BC. And yeah we all agree wow was better back then. More to do, no reason to be altoholic 1-2 max'd lvl was more then enough.
    Gear/downing new bosses was more exhillerating.

But that is not to say that vanilla/TBC utterly STINKS to play now.
    It does, its not fun imho...
    It was great back then, not so much anymore...
    But neither is current wow.
    I have very high hopes for WoD, hopefully it will bring back the potential to 1vX again.
    Well that and 0 bots in BG's.
    I remember in BC / WOTLK The glad people i met in arena's i also met in world / BG's VERY often.

Because BG's was fun, raids was fun, i had no problem not doing sunwell, i was perfectly fine progressing in BT/Hyjal.

MoP sucks, its casualcraft. No RPG elements, no possibilities for creative talent builds, no pleasure in PVE progress (Heroic raids cleared in 1 week).
    That aint fucking pleasure... Pleasure is being stuck on a boss for 2 weeks to suddenly down him, to have 25 people SCREAMING FOR 5 minutes, everyone with a smile on their lips impossible to remove!.

And finding that special epic loot you have been wanting so badly!...
    ../.. MoP & Cata

And if you are wondering about blizzard logics
    Here is an example: They are adding ladder seasons to diablo 3.
    A game without trade.
    Like it isnt hard enough to find upgrades without having to start over

Less button bash, less cooldown spamming, less wellfare epics, more thinking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    You are probably gonna be nostalgia bombed...

But yeah i agree, never have wow been so boring as it has now. PVP has a decent skillfloor, but on the other hand most classes is just button bash atm.

And yeah they key fun parts in wow was:

Epic gear was EPIC
    Attunements was fun as it was part of progress!
    Old content was viable no matter how many months/year passed. Like we see anyone today bother raiding MAX 1 tier below.
    No snowflake items =/

Alot of people are gonna piss and whine over they cant get the same as others with work and sheit.
    Some people looked at others in near perfect gear and thought to themselves. MEH I SHOULD HAVE THAT GEAR TO FOR 1/4'th THE EFFORT.

While some of us looked at them with admiration! And thought to ourselves, one day thats gonna be me.

I cant remember the last time i was stoked/excited about getting a epic loot.
    Cant remember the last time i enjoyed an arena.
    Kinda pissed off they removed titles from 2v2 aswell.
    IF anything they could have just make it harder to get to the top %. And maybe remove r1 title from the bracket....

Personally 2v2 can be a drag, especially in MoP...
    But damn i had tons of interresting matches in tbc / wotlk.

And the reasoning to removing was that it was to hard to balance...
    Like 3v3 is balanced...
    THINK ABOUT IT, in a season its always the same combos that dominate ladders...
    ATM its LSD/LSD2 etc etc.

And finally and foremost its a game, its digital reward, its a digital mount/title.
    Why have a bracket that is pointless to play...
    Now its just for boosting peoples cap / capping yourself.

Me and 6 irl mates all started in vanilla/BC. And yeah we all agree wow was better back then. More to do, no reason to be altoholic 1-2 max'd lvl was more then enough.
    Gear/downing new bosses was more exhillerating.

But that is not to say that vanilla/TBC utterly STINKS to play now.
    It does, its not fun imho...
    It was great back then, not so much anymore...
    But neither is current wow.
    I have very high hopes for WoD, hopefully it will bring back the potential to 1vX again.
    Well that and 0 bots in BG's.
    I remember in BC / WOTLK The glad people i met in arena's i also met in world / BG's VERY often.

Because BG's was fun, raids was fun, i had no problem not doing sunwell, i was perfectly fine progressing in BT/Hyjal.

MoP sucks, its casualcraft. No RPG elements, no possibilities for creative talent builds, no pleasure in PVE progress (Heroic raids cleared in 1 week).
    That aint fucking pleasure... Pleasure is being stuck on a boss for 2 weeks to suddenly down him, to have 25 people SCREAMING FOR 5 minutes, everyone with a smile on their lips impossible to remove!.

And finding that special epic loot you have been wanting so badly!...
    ../.. MoP & Cata

And if you are wondering about blizzard logics
    Here is an example: They are adding ladder seasons to diablo 3.
    A game without trade.
    Like it isnt hard enough to find upgrades without having to start over

Less button bash, less cooldown spamming, less wellfare epics, more thinking.
    good reply! i like your way of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    World of Warcraft became more popular, enjoyable and accessible because it got rid of those terrible aspects of the game. Rose-tinted Glasses my friend.
    Everything you said there is untrue besides the accessibility part. In the 2 years of vanilla, WoW gained 8mill subs(more than what WoW has now), and in BC it gained 3 mill(by far the largest gain of any xpac) and raised the total to 11mill. WoW was without a doubt the most popular(not subbed)in vanilla. Heck, south park even made an episode in 2006 about it. In Wrath(when wow was starting to get too accessible) the subs plateaued and stayed at an even 11.5mill throughout the xpac, and even dropping a little bit at the end. Wrath was the first time WoW wasn't consistently gaining millions of subs each year. After the the 500k jump in subs for the cata launch, WoW has been free falling. So actually as the game has become more and more accessible/watered down it has lost popularity and subs.

/agree with most of it
    No RPG left in WoW and the game is wayyyyy too easy
    On top of that the game is very repetitive: LFR -> flex -> normal -> heroic. Does Blizz really think anyone sane will repeat the same content just at harder difficulty settings?
    First night you kill all bosses in LFR/flex, then repeat for months? I miss getting first kills once every 2-4 weeks and slowly progressing. Now bosses fall head over heels the first night and I am expected to go back to repeat at a different difficulty setting. That is 100% bullshit.

So you want a game with attunements, stricter gating on epics and that new game smell? WoW isn't ever going to be that again. Wildstar might be that for a few more months.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Yeah, the game's shit. That's why it still has 7+ million subs.

I wish people would stop slurring their opinions as though they are fact...
    Yes the game has become shit thats why it has lost 5+ million subs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killec View Post
    Everything you said there is untrue besides the accessibility part. In the 2 years of vanilla, WoW gained 8mill subs(more than what WoW has now), and in BC it gained 3 mill(by far the largest gain of any xpac) and raised the total to 11mill. WoW was without a doubt the most popular(not subbed)in vanilla. Heck, south park even made an episode in 2006 about it. In Wrath(when wow was starting to get too accessible) the subs plateaued and stayed at an even 11.5mill throughout the xpac, and even dropping a little bit at the end. Wrath was the first time WoW wasn't consistently gaining millions of subs each year. After the the 500k jump in subs for the cata launch, WoW has been free falling. So actually as the game has become more and more accessible/watered down it has lost popularity and subs.
    yeah, and i don't even think World of Warcraft has more than 5 mill subscribers right now and i'm serious. when WoD releases there will be more of course... but blizzard haven't updated any content since Garrosh.

the only updates after that is the updates that makes it EASIER to get the LEGENDARY CLOAK
    MORE MOUNTS that COST MONEY
    MORE PETS that COST MONEY
    why don't just update content? make us farm to get it? make us farm eggs for the netherwing, make us do dailies in skettis for nether ray... now they want paid? dafuq.

a subscription based MMO should not have micro transactions imo... that's just cruel.

imagine if WoW wasn't subscription based...
    imagine if we only had to pay 10-20£ for DLC's each time they actually updated content with a patch instead...

that'd be 2-3 times a year... instead of 12£ each month yet they don't even update content like they did back in Vanilla/TBC

they've gone lazy... imo...

i've been subscribing for more than 6 months now without new content... which sucks basically.

i know a lot of people who quit wow until WoD releases as we all know there won't be nothing new until... perhaps november-december.... when WoD releases

WoW gave us new dungeons as we were waiting for WotLK, Cataclysm and MoP... but what are they doing right now? they don't give a shit about us cuz we already pre-ordered WoD anyway and they expect us to come back whenever it's "finished"

even Guildwars 2 which is free to play btw, updates with more new content and outdoor bosses than WoW do... isn't this weird?

Blizzard has come to the place where they only seem to care about money :3

don't you think?
    Last edited by mmoc8a4a8e38ae; 2014-07-21 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    (Psst! The only reason for the Purging of Dalaran is because the Sunreavers, a primarily Blood Elf organization, betrayed the city of Dalaran and gave Garrosh, ya know the guy that was trying to use your people as cannon fodder, access to an item that would have allowed him unknown amounts of power over enemy forces which would have one day included themselves.)
    I know that.
    He doesn't.
    Roleplaying!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zia View Post
    /agree with most of it
    No RPG left in WoW and the game is wayyyyy too easy
    On top of that the game is very repetitive: LFR -> flex -> normal -> heroic. Does Blizz really think anyone sane will repeat the same content just at harder difficulty settings?
    First night you kill all bosses in LFR/flex, then repeat for months? I miss getting first kills once every 2-4 weeks and slowly progressing. Now bosses fall head over heels the first night and I am expected to go back to repeat at a different difficulty setting. That is 100% bullshit.
    You were required to do that in WOTLK with Ulduar to get certain gear pieces, and people loved Ulduar.
    Sorry but the "filthy casuals" who play this game deserve a chance to kill major raid bosses too IE Flex and LFR. If you want to be hard core join a raiding guild and go back to progression fights.

Deleted
    absolutely, how could Guyviroth think otherwise? perhaps he didn't know that WoW once had 12million subscribers!

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Pretty much this. It´s you and not the game
    No other possibility eh? This is the kind of shit people have to deal with on a constant basis. What a crock of shit.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Mm hmm. And which other MMO has been able to boast that they've lost 5 million total subscribers over the course of an entire decade and still manage to retain far more than they've ever lost, even after those 10 years?

Right, I thought as much.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I don't know ... if the next expansion has Lich King as the boss to kill, ppl would go omg let's do this. It wouldn't even matter how old/updated the mechanics of the game are. But Blizz has spent that theme.

So we had DW that left us with impression ... of being a stupid dragon.
    Then tentacle monsters/asian themed/Garrosh ... who again left us with impression of being stupid.
    And now some time travelling, alternate dimensions ... because Blizz can't think of anything new that would be successful so we have to go back in time to reuse old characters.

For me that's why the spark, maybe is not gone ... but it is seriously struggling to stay alive.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.