Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Windowflip View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but probably not. Your CS might Crit and waste an RB charge but it's either that or delay your CS another BT cycle.

If you BT > RB > CS that just makes your BT cycle all fucked and you could risk dropping Enrage.
    If you have Berserker's Rage up I'd say it's worth spending going that way. If the same scenario happens next CS window then just play it safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
    Say you bloodthirst and get a RB charge, bladestorm, cancel into bloodthirst, and now you have 2 raging blows and coll smash off cooldown.

Should you use one raging blow before starting coll smash? Speaking at 45++ % crit.
    Delay CS by an extra BT cyclle, so you'd BT-BS-Cancel/BT-RB-RB-BT-CS.

Say you bloodthirst and get a RB charge, bladestorm, cancel into bloodthirst, and now you have 2 raging blows and coll smash off cooldown.

Should you use one raging blow before starting coll smash? Speaking at 45++ % crit.
    It really doesn't matter. Go with the timing of the fight and your trinkets. All else being equal its just as effective to RB - CS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Execute can be handled in 2 different ways:
    SB + 3x Exe or SB + Exe + RB (just to make sure you don't waste charges). The difference is incredibly small and it more or less comes down to preference. Depending on your Gear one or the other is slightly ahead. If your CS crits you obviously don't need to BR for that last cast.

Don't forget to use Exe instead of WS sub 20%

The macro you're looking for should be
    Code:
    /cast [stance:3] battle stance
    /cast [stance:1] berserker stance
    There's one that is slightly modified to add defensive stance aswell, looks like this;
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:3/2] Battle Stance
    /cast [stance:1/2] Berserker Stance
    Will cast Battle stance if you are in Berserker stance or Defensive stance and will cast Berserker stance if you are in Battle stance. Then I have defensive stance binded to another key.

Just a small thing if someone might find it usefull.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something here? Going with BT - CS - RB - SB - BT eventually results in BT and CS coming off CD at the same time, resulting in either CS or BT having to be delayed if I want to once again do the BT - CS - RB - SB - BT rotation.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Am I doing something wrong or missing something here? Going with BT - CS - RB - SB - BT eventually results in BT and CS coming off CD at the same time, resulting in either CS or BT having to be delayed if I want to once again do the BT - CS - RB - SB - BT rotation.
    You are pushing back BT. Optimal rotation is:
    BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB - BT

It is possible BT and CS will align at certain points, when considering things like Bladestorm or WS procs and that is fine. If it happens you want to lead with BT before CS, nothing wrong with pushing it back slightly.
    If for some reason you are already Enraged (and have most of the time left on it) with a charge of RB, then you don't have to wait for BT and can go straight into CS, for example something like:
    BT - 1x Bloodsurge - CS

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    You are pushing back BT. Optimal rotation is:
    BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB - BT

It is possible BT and CS will align at certain points, when considering things like Bladestorm or WS procs and that is fine. If it happens you want to lead with BT before CS, nothing wrong with pushing it back slightly.
    If for some reason you are already Enraged (and have most of the time left on it) with a charge of RB, then you don't have to wait for BT and can go straight into CS, for example something like:
    BT - 1x Bloodsurge - CS
    Bah, mistyped. BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB - BT is what I meant.

My issue is that the above always results in CS and BT coming off CD at the same same time and at that I point I either have to make the choice to delay either BT or CS. So what you're saying is if I'm enraged I should delay BT and go into CS instead?
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Bah, mistyped. BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB - BT is what I meant.

My issue is that the above always results in CS and BT coming off CD at the same same time and at that I point I either have to make the choice to delay either BT or CS. So what you're saying is if I'm enraged I should delay BT and go into CS instead?
    If you have enough time on Enrage left to make it to your next BT sure (3s at time of CS). If you don't, use BT first.

Getting a bit too in detail with it. Simming and figuring out the best possible way to do things is all well and good, but the extremely small difference in damage of pushing either CS or BT back by 1 GCD every 4th CS or so isn't going to make much of a difference overall. Simply adapt to the flow of the encounter and use what is best at the time. When in doubt, get enraged first (unless you can force with BzR).

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If you have enough time on Enrage left to make it to your next BT sure (3s at time of CS). If you don't, use BT first.

Getting a bit too in detail with it. Simming and figuring out the best possible way to do things is all well and good, but the extremely small difference in damage of pushing either CS or BT back by 1 GCD every 4th CS or so isn't going to make much of a difference overall. Simply adapt to the flow of the encounter and use what is best at the time. When in doubt, get enraged first (unless you can force with BzR).
    It doesn't happen seldom, it happens every single time and the timeline goes roughly as follows:

So at 21.5 seconds am I to cast CS immediately or wait another 1.0 seconds for BT to come off CD to start the rotation again?
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2014-07-24 at 12:58 PM.
    WCL

Delay CS, so you BT at 21.5 and CS in the following GCD.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

simcraft gives me 8.36 mastery value and crit at 7.33

wtf?

ill investigate what is wrong. >.<
    Last edited by Kirbynator; 2014-07-29 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    What should be wrong about that? At highest gear levels mastery pulls ahead for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    What should be wrong about that? At highest gear levels mastery pulls ahead for sure
    Except it's weird in how it does. "Technically" it pulls ahead, but if you drop crit to add mastery as a worgen in near BiS gear than crit goes above it.

If we had a few more sockets this tier, yes, but functionally you won't be replacing a crit gem for a mastery gem.

so would the actual BiS weapons be mace+gorehowl?

since its the only one with two good non-crit/haste stats, and it fills in the role of helping you not go over 100% bt crit
    Last edited by Kirbynator; 2014-07-29 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

since its the only one with two good non-crit/haste stats, and it fills in the role of helping you not go over 100% bt crit
    no /10char

No, because the expertise could be gotten through gems allowing us to get some additional strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Except it's weird in how it does. "Technically" it pulls ahead, but if you drop crit to add mastery as a worgen in near BiS gear than crit goes above it.

If we had a few more sockets this tier, yes, but functionally you won't be replacing a crit gem for a mastery gem.
    I've replaced some crit gems with mastery variants to keep me as close as possible to 53% crit raid buffed. I'm not BiS though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I've replaced some crit gems with mastery variants to keep me as close as possible to 53% crit raid buffed. I'm not BiS though.
    I'm not sure how you are getting close to critcap w/o being worgen. The closest I could find without HWF Tusk was 53.25% crit, using Sorrowpath ring, and BIS in rest of gear. That was orc, so no 1% crit from worgen. The closest Worgen I found was 54.02%, and I'm asking him about it.

Neither of my warriors are near enough yet to try it, but I might run a sim swapping out 1 or 2 crit gems for mastery gems with BiS/BiS no tusks and see what I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I'm not sure how you are getting close to critcap w/o being worgen. The closest I could find without HWF Tusk was 53.25% crit, using Sorrowpath ring, and BIS in rest of gear. That was orc, so no 1% crit from worgen. The closest Worgen I found was 54.02%, and I'm asking him about it.

Neither of my warriors are near enough yet to try it, but I might run a sim swapping out 1 or 2 crit gems for mastery gems with BiS/BiS no tusks and see what I get.
    His warrior is linked in his signature and he swapped 2 red gems for 2 expertise/mastery variants. That being said, he's skipping a lot of strength socket bonuses to gem pure crit - not completely optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    His warrior is linked in his signature and he swapped 2 red gems for 2 expertise/mastery variants. That being said, he's skipping a lot of strength socket bonuses to gem pure crit - not completely optimal.
    Yes, it is completely possible to surpass crit cap as a non-worgen, or in lower than BiS gear, but you sacrifice overall DPS to do it.

When people (at least I) refer to crit cap, we mean while using optimal reforging/near-BiS. If you are losing DPS to do it, crit cap becomes irrelevant.